• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Is this a real card?

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    Hello!

I'd posted last month about this Charizard card I have, but it looks like the thread I'd posted to was taken down as I can't view any of the responses. I'm curious as to whether or not this is a legitimate misprint, or some kind of altered card/faked Charizard. The foil is printed directly on, and it doesn't differ from other Pokemon cards printed around this time in any way save for the missing shadow (which I'm aware is a hallmark of misprinted, rare cards)

Is this a real card?

It's an old card, and definitely not the only one I'm curious about in the collection.

I'm aware this photo is a bit rough; if you need a closer look please let me know and I can snap some more. Thank you for your time!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I do not believe that card to be authentic. Sorry. :(

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • The only way this might be altered somehow is if those gaps between Charizard's right wing and head, lower jaw and tail, etc. are actually holo (I see the holo pattern there, but it just looks printed-on from the photo). Otherwise, it's definitely fake.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2021
    Looks like a standard "Green wing charizard" which was a regular issue between first edition and the common shadowed cards.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    that is a original fake charizard the creator of these cards was caught by nintendo i have a raichu with the same foil

Back