• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is Zinnia a Dimension Traveler?

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    So, for those who have played the game and enjoyed the Delta Episode this is probably something that crossed your mind, and if you haven't played through this part yet... well skill everything ahead please :)

So yeah at first I though I was stating the obvious but... for most people this assumption of mine seems to be far-fetched :/.

I took this from the fact that Zinnia just jumps out of nowhere declaring the existence of other dimensions, calling her whishmur as if she had already failed to save it from the destruction that's yet to come, and well... nothing beyond that actually.

It is never clarified what she is exactly other than she is one of those ancient people involved in the wish that transformed Rayquaza, and the Episode ends by letting her leave to overcome her past... which we will never know.

For all that is known about the Pokemon multiverse, the only way to support this would be either the time/space myths (Dialga/Palkia) or the Event Hyper dimensional Pokemon "Hoopa". which would make a lot of sense!.

But that event is yet to come and we can hardly tell if it will come with an "Additional Episode" that could possibly tie this up, and it really leaves me trilled.

So well that's it for now... tell me what you think about it while my hype lasts :D

See ya ~

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I could see this as a possibility. But perhaps she isn't a dimension traveler, but ancestors from her past are?

Years
  • I don't think she's a dimension traveler, but I do agree that her story isn't over yet...though whether or not Game Freak does anything with that is up in the air. I think what really got my attention other than the mention of being unable to save Aster before was her calling Aster her daughter at one point, which raises all sorts of questions...primarily, exactly HOW old is Zinnia because she didn't seem to be that old.

I just hope Game Freak doesn't play the "oh she had a daughter that died a long time ago feel sorry for her this instant" card in a forced attempt to make her sympathetic and handwave her being the condescending jerk that she was throughout most of Delta Episode.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2014
    Based on the story from the Delta Episode, I gathered that Zinnia and her ancestors only existed to call upon Rayquaza when its assistance was needed.

I don't recall Zinnia having mentioned that she herself could travel through different sections of the Pokemon Multiverse, only that what the space center was doing could send the Meteor to a different part of the Multiverse.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • Based on the story from the Delta Episode, I gathered that Zinnia and her ancestors only existed to call upon Rayquaza when its assistance was needed.

I don't recall Zinnia having mentioned that she herself could travel through different sections of the Pokemon Multiverse, only that what the space center was doing could send the Meteor to a different part of the Multiverse.
    This part of the story confused me the most, I was wondering how on earth did she even know about the parallel world of hoenn and progressed through the game to see if she is a dimension traveller. In the end, this question wasn't answered at all.

sCr45h

The Littleroot Champ
    Years
  • I know that this doesn't answer the Zinnia question, just a sort-of-related comment. Based on what Zinnia says, AND what Archie(OR)/Maxie(AS) and his team say when you first arrive at the battle resort, the dimensions they refer about is about the contrary game of the copy you're playing (OR for AS and AS for OR). I don't remember if it was the boss himself or one of their goons who say it, but it's the team that helps you against the evil team in your game. but anyways: one of those (depending on your copy) mention that maybe in an alternate dimension or something like that, it could've been them the ones who summon one of the creatures(Groudon/Kyogre). OBVIOUSLY it refers to the alternate copy of your game. Yet, what if Zinnia is from the other dimmension(game) and came to yours to help out? But OBVIOUSLY, for storyline reasons, in both games she has to act as if she came from the other. Cuz you can't have one game where Zinnia helps and the other where she fails and everyone dies!! Everyone would just buy the triumphant copy. So anyways, what they hint is that Zinnia is actually from the alternate copy but for story reasons, she acts the same in both.

The other theory is that she's from Delta Emerald or a new Hoenn game(highly unlikely) and shiz goes wrong for her in THAT dimension, she leaves it and after she leaves it you save the day or something and she never finds out.

I know this doesnt answer if she is or isnt a Dimension Traveler, its just theories assuming she is.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2014
    This part of the story confused me the most, I was wondering how on earth did she even know about the parallel world of hoenn and progressed through the game to see if she is a dimension traveller. In the end, this question wasn't answered at all.

I personally don't believe that there is enough information in the Delta Episode to support any claims made that Zinnia can travel through the Pokemon Multiverse. For the moment, all we have is unsupported fan theories.

Hopefully we will find information regarding Zinnia, as there isn't a lot that is currently known about her "Zinnia is described as a mysterious woman and a special person who holds the key to the story of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, on a trip to accomplish her objectives." (Quote from Zinnia's Bulbapedia page)

Now we just have to pray to Gamefreak to explain this character properly.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I know that this doesn't answer the Zinnia question, just a sort-of-related comment. Based on what Zinnia says, AND what Archie(OR)/Maxie(AS) and his team say when you first arrive at the battle resort, the dimensions they refer about is about the contrary game of the copy you're playing (OR for AS and AS for OR). I don't remember if it was the boss himself or one of their goons who say it, but it's the team that helps you against the evil team in your game. but anyways: one of those (depending on your copy) mention that maybe in an alternate dimension or something like that, it could've been them the ones who summon one of the creatures(Groudon/Kyogre). OBVIOUSLY it refers to the alternate copy of your game. Yet, what if Zinnia is from the other dimmension(game) and came to yours to help out? But OBVIOUSLY, for storyline reasons, in both games she has to act as if she came from the other. Cuz you can't have one game where Zinnia helps and the other where she fails and everyone dies!! Everyone would just buy the triumphant copy. So anyways, what they hint is that Zinnia is actually from the alternate copy but for story reasons, she acts the same in both.

The other theory is that she's from Delta Emerald or a new Hoenn game(highly unlikely) and shiz goes wrong for her in THAT dimension, she leaves it and after she leaves it you save the day or something and she never finds out.

I know this doesnt answer if she is or isnt a Dimension Traveler, its just theories assuming she is.

Or, she's referring to the world of the original games, as it was mentioned the alternate world does not have Mega Evolution nor did the war from 3000 years ago happen.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • It'd be cool if she was from a world that was done in by the meteor.. A post apocalyptic world. It would be cool if shes a part of the Gen VII Pokemon Core Series..

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • For all that is known about the Pokemon multiverse, the only way to support [the theory discussed in this thread] would be either the time/space myths (Dialga/Palkia) or the Event Hyper dimensional Pokemon "Hoopa". which would make a lot of sense!.

But that event is yet to come and we can hardly tell if it will come with an "Additional Episode" that could possibly tie this up, and it really leaves me t[h]rilled.

Maybe Giratina and the Reverse World are involved somehow?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think it's a possibility. Honestly, playing it the first time, I thought that Zinnia and her Whismur were already dead, presumably from the "other Hoenn" that got hit by the meteor. She talked in a lot of detail about it and seemed to be referencing something specific, and I know it could really just be Gamefreak putting that in as an easter egg, but since we don't have anything else to go off of, I think it's a cool possibility. It doesn't really make any sense, but I think there was this one quote that she said to her Whismur that hinted at something like that, I don't remember the exact one.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Needs another fantheory
    PMD1 was the only other game I remember referencing a meteor and Deoxys in it.
    People regard it as non canon, but..
    Take the region of PMD1. Say it is the equivalent of the hoenn region. In another dimension.
    They both have this falling meteor. PMD has no mega evolution (well, unless they add it. Then this would all be wrong). The Hoenn region does.

Now I sound crazy, but let's say Zinnia was the main character of PMD1.

The main character in that game returns to the human world and then comes back to the pokemon world. In that time in between he/she would come back to the human world, he/she would know about a meteor in another world being saved by Raquaza.

If PMD's Hero was sent back to the human world days before the meteor was to crash in the human world, and knew about this fore coming incident to repeat itself, he/she would try to save the human world with Raquaza. Then, the hero would return, and all would be happy in both worlds.

Connect it to Zinnia. Knowing beforehand about the meteor. Needing to use raquaza. Her battle animation is some attacking stance. Needing to not use megas to have both worlds use the same outcome. And then I know she has mentioned other crazy stuff, telling the character even once that it was beyond his/her world to understand her explanation.

I should give quotational evidence, but I don't want to find any right now. Just proposing the idea.
    Yet, this idea would seem too convenient for a draconid child, wouldn't it?
    And yes, this explanation probably creates even more holes. It's worth the thought though.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Or, she's referring to the world of the original games, as it was mentioned the alternate world does not have Mega Evolution nor did the war from 3000 years ago happen.

I finally finished the Delta Episode today, phew. Anyways I do think she was referring to the originals. Note that the Dimensional Transporter's name is...'The Link Cable'. That is the name of the real life device we need to have connected to our pre-Gen IV games to trade Pokémon. Also the mention how Megas weren't part of that world. I was pleased to see the alternate world theory I had addressed. I guess Emerald was/is in fact an alternative dimension to RS after all given the somewhat different course or events yet similar, and now alternative to OrAs. Gen V were the first to bring up the idea of multiple dimensions though with Opelucid City. I guess all counterparts are their own dimension. I guess the canon time for Gen III-IV would be Ruby with HeartGold as Kyogre wasn't in Johto, and Sapphire with SoulSilver as Groudon was missing too. Well maybe exclusives aren't that good of a clue but it makes some sense.
    I guess Gen III-V are in the same group or dimensions seeing how they lack Megas and don't contradict discoveries of new mons. While I and II are in the same group leaving XY and ORAS in their own seperate general group.

Back