• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Islam, Christianity and Judaism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Umm...

^To much to handle at once. >___>
    Anyway, I heard (and its probably wrong) that one day, these groups will clash.
    True or False?

Aren't they clashing now? Didn't they clash during the Crusades? These wars between the Abrahamic religions has been going on for a long time...

As For the Trinity. It was only the Council of Nicaea which reconciled the various Christian beliefs under Emperor Constantine who established it. If you check out things before the Council of Nicaea, Christianities belief's was very diverse. =/

Yes Christianity would appear as polytheistic, but Christians would argue that the Trinity is the same God of Islam and Judaism. As for the reason, I still can't understand. I don't have the time to research.D=

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    They will clash, actually. There will be a final all-out clash between Islam and the rest of the world. One of the signs of the Day of Judgment. The Day of Judgment is the day when everyone will be judged for what they have done on Earth, according to Islamic teachings. Forewarnings of the day are known as signs.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I'm a Christian, we don't believe in the same God, we have different Gods

We do. How could we have the same prophets if we didn't have the same God? How could Christianity be mentioned in the Qur'an along with the Bible if they didn't believe in God? Also, the Bible and Torah are two of four holy books revealed by God. The Christians also say that God revealed the Torah and the Bible. Is it not safe to say that we are talking about the same God here? I think so.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    They will clash, actually. There will be a final all-out clash between Islam and the rest of the world. One of the signs of the Day of Judgment. The Day of Judgment is the day when everyone will be judged for what they have done on Earth, according to Islamic teachings. Forewarnings of the day are known as signs.

The Apocalypse *Shudders* I am scared.
    There are signs, according to Muslim culture, of Judgment Day. Im sure Gaga will know them. Tell them, Gaga (IDK them, i only know 2)

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    OK, the signs of Judgment Day are here. This list was taken from this website, so all the weird text is not me.

Spoiler:

If you want an explanation of any of the terms mentioned above, I'll give it to you.

Zet

Years
    but wealth has decreased in a landslide so judgment day isn't here and jews still live all around the world, the distance on the earth is still the same, earthquakes are random and time will always pass by quickly if you do something to kill time

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I never said Judgment day arrived yet. Those were the signs that would occur before Judgment day would occur itself. When all of them happen, Judgment day will begin.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    All three religions follow the god of Abraham. We have different names for God but it is the same being. There will be differences in our beliefs of course because we are different religions. The beliefs are what separates us.

Christianity has the Trinity. It doesn't make sense for Judaism or Islam to believe in the trinity as neither believes Jesus to be the Son of God. In Christianity, God is one but exist in three "bodies" at the same time - in the Father, Son (as Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. The Trinity doesn't fit if you don't believe Jesus to be the Son of a God. But, the god we follow is the same while we may look at him in different ways.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    All three religions follow the god of Abraham. We have different names for God but it is the same being. There will be differences in our beliefs of course because we are different religions. The beliefs are what separates us.

Christianity has the Trinity. It doesn't make sense for Judaism or Islam to believe in the trinity as neither believes Jesus to be the Son of God. In Christianity, God is one but exist in three "bodies" at the same time - in the Father, Son (as Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. The Trinity doesn't fit if you don't believe Jesus to be the Son of a God. But, the god we follow is the same while we may look at him in different ways.
    Ignoring that the idea of God having a son is absolute blasphemy in Judaism and Islam, are you saying that a Christian god that instructs one to love another is the same as an Islamic god that instructs one to slay another?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Ignoring that the idea of God having a son is absolute blasphemy in Judaism and Islam, are you saying that a Christian god that instructs one to love another is the same as an Islamic god that instructs one to slay another?
    I'm not going to say that, no. Because

a) I'm not well-versed in the Islamic faith or the Qur'an to know what God has instructed.
    b) You would be putting words in my mouth.

However, it would not surprise me if that were that case. God is very different between the old and new testaments. I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the Qur'an it says something like "Our Allah and your Allah are one".

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I bet 50 rep points and 42 pesos this will get closed for any or no reason at all.

Fisrt of all, I'm Catholic, still Christian but we have to know one thing.

The 3 (or 4, 5, etc if you include branches) religions all believe in the one exact same God. However, their traditions differ by their views of God and the world, just like the other religions differ completely like Buddahism and Scientology(?). The religions are all connected by the exact same root of Abraham.

Christians were just people that followed the teachings of Jesus. Jews and Islamics differed by traditions. I think one of them used to call God "Yaweh" or something. I only had that history last year @~@.

I just mean there is not need to quarrel if we know that Abraham was to root of it all by following the orders of God...or something...

Ok, my RAM got low.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years

Excuse me? Islam does not order killing each other! Especially not another Muslim! Please don't make such accusations towards Muslims unless you are absolutely sure.

Oh, and the Jews believe that God has a son, but they don't think it's Jesus. I mentioned before that it was a Prophet whose name in Arabic is Uzair.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Talk about misaccuations. Drifloon, that is so not true! Im Muslim and and i KNOW slaying another Muslim is the top of all wrong deeds.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    If you are referring to Islamic radicals and terrorists, they are heretics by every definition of the word. Genuine Muslims don't condone their actions. The same applies to those who kill innocents in the name of Christianity or Judaism. I don't know anywhere near as much about Islam as an actual Muslim does, but I do know that they consider murder to be a grave sin. I think you should do some research on the matter before talking about it any more. I suggest starting by looking up the Islamic view of Jesus. While they definitely don't say that Jesus is the son of God, they still treat him with a very high amount of respect.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Guys, I'm pretty sure either you all misunderstood Drifloon or he misworded it.

For sure, the "Are you saying" part does not give the fact that he is stating that the Islamic God does such a thing. Give him a break. Re-read throughly.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Guys, I'm pretty sure either you all misunderstood Drifloon or he misworded it.

For sure, the "Are you saying" part does not give the fact that he is stating that the Islamic God does such a thing. Give him a break. Re-read throughly.
    I reread it thoroughly, and if he didn't mean what I thought he meant, then he must have misstated it. If that's the case, than he should edit it, but as it is written right now I'll assume that I understood what he meant perfectly. What he wrote was fairly straightforward. Also, he's a well-established member whose reputation won't be ruined by one little post, he doesn't need a break.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Drifloon completely misquoted TRIFORCE's post. Completely. He brought up the misaccusation that God ordered Muslims to kill each other. TRIFORCE never said anything about a Muslim God ordering murder. He came up with that all on his own.

We all believe in the same God, even though we see him in different forms. The trinity was invented by that meeting held a few hundred years after the death of Jesus. But if you look through the Bible, it says that there is only one God. It says that in many places. And I think that anything conflicting with that fact in the Bible is false.

The Bible was changed in many ways, after all. So were the Torah and Psalms. In fact, the only holy book revealed by God that remains unchanged is the Qur'an. It does not have any changes in it, and anyone that has attempted to change it failed miserably. Allah himself promised in the Qur'an that he would preserve the Qur'an and that it would never be changed. It still hasn't been. So I think that to quote for the truth, you should quote the Qur'an.

Years
    The Qur'an remains unchanged as it is regarded as the direct word of God, as revealed through the Prophet Muhammad, whereas the Bible and the Torah were the works of many different authors.

The Supreme Deity that Christians call God (and the Trinity) is also that which Jews and Bahá'ís call God, and Muslims call Allah. They all identify with Abraham, an important figure in the foundation of each of these religions.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    This thread may not last long...

These religions have nothing in common. Just because they start in the same place does NOT mean they have similarities. The definition of religion is a set of beliefs, and only one can be correct (or none, if you want to get into messy theological debates). If that's the case, then that means they don't have any meaningful similarities because they are polar towards each other.

The Quran is said to be 'bad poetry'. The Old and New Testament are attacked as being inconsistent with each other. Judaism (or some branch, anyways) is claimed as being old-fashioned. The fact of the matter is, they all have criticisms of each other that are unavoidable, no matter what your stances are. Thus, finding similarities is just political correctness and nothing else...Protestants and Catholics hardly have similarities save for the core beliefs.

God Himself is not even portrayed the same in the three...or close to it. Okay, so he created the world...yeah? I think Amun Re (or however you spell it) did that, too. The Old Testament God (Judaism) is of harsh ultimatums; if you don't obey, you'll be a pile of salt or blinded. If you do obey, your children will live and entire cities will fall to your soles. And the instructions he used nowadays are seen as silly...put a red string/chain/something up for something (I forget the specifics)? Okay, that's weird...kill Sisera (I think it was him..) with one of his tent pegs into his temple...uh-huh, thus stuff makes a lot of rational sense.
    I'm just pulling this from an old teacher, but, if I recall, his portrayal of Allah is this: "You love Allah, so Allah will love you." An eye for an eye? I don't know; I'm no expert...
    The Christian God is more complicated, with the Old Testament persona plus, essentially, his tri-nature, which are essentially different jobs the one entity has; it's like wearing masks. Think--do you act the same at school as you do at home? How about at your friend's house? How about at that fancy French restaurant? Oh, no...you're one person but can wear many different guises; that's the nature of the Christian God. If light can act as a particle and a wave, then why can't God act as a sanctifier, creator, and redeemer without being seen as different pieces? Light is not different things...

Judaism and Christianity themselves have enough quarreling (but no real 'wars' like the Jews and Palestinians) considering the Christians have their Messiah while the Jews are, even while I type this, waiting for the first arrival of their Annointed One. They have nothing in common; this is like saying capitalists and communists should bear hug each other and share a cherry pie. It just doesn't happen; yeah, they agree that we shouldn't be in a barter system, but they disagree over the most fundamental pieces of things...

Do these Gods have anything in common? Other than the generic creation motif, not really...the rest of the religions fall underneath that; if the core beliefs don't agree, then there ain't much connecting them. Otherwise, you had better be prepared to add in Germanic pagan religions, Eastern religions, and others...they all originated on Earth and do their best to explain the start, finish, and nature of our world, don't they?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back