• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Isshu's gone Unova?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
Years
  • I'm completely fine with Unova... It's just Isshu is better in my opinion. But what's the big deal? Since Unova is faraway from the other 3 regions, it can has its own name style. If "Isshu" located near Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, I think Nintendo won't change the name style, aite?

Years
  • Unova is kind good name, but we are already using Isshu name that we could forget so fast , but i like the name

Pingouin_7

For some reason, whenever I play this game I get the feeling I'm playing Pokémon Ranger.
    Now, with Unova being the region name, it makes it a lot more Pokémon Ranger-ish.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    For some reason, whenever I play this game I get the feeling I'm playing Pokémon Ranger.
    Now, with Unova being the region name, it makes it a lot more Pokémon Ranger-ish.

Strangely enough, me too.

Sounds like Almia or Fiore.

Isshu sounds better. :P

The Red Chain

B'aww, I'm gonna miss replacing issue with Isshu. Puns are always fun~
    I'm really not sure if this has been noted yet but Nintendo has redeemed their cleverness in my mind.
    Especially after those less-than-satisfactory names they made for the starters.

United {Un} States of {ov} America {a}

I loved it the moment I saw this. <3
    At first I didn't exactly like the name, but it caught on fairly quick.
    Now.. to figure out how to adapt to the English starter names in the same fashion. :D;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Like I do with quite a bit of things, I've gotten adjusted to Unova as the new name. To be honest, it fits what the region is based off of (New York) more than Isshu. I never really knew what relations Isshu had to do with New York, but I'm glad this name will suit the description better. Besides I never really thought Unova was a turn down from Isshu; it was just the effect from being so used to Isshu that I was a bit weirded out with the change.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Posted here before?:/

I hate the name, hate it, hate it, hate it! >O

Someone was discussing the "Unova" name, and I spend about 10 minutes trying to think what it could be .___. Until I remembered it's the American name for Isshu. It sounds so weird. :o Like Tepig and Oshawott (SP?) I won't get used to the name.

MurasakiYugata

Friend of Caterpie
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2010
    The main problem I have with the name change is that I still don't know how to pronounce Unova. Is it OO-noh-vuh? oo-NOH-vuh? YOO-noh-vuh? yoo-NOH-vuh? I tend to think of it as OO-noh-vuh, but I'm not sure....

Pokeplup

The Techno Turtwig
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    [S-HIGHLIGHT] Apparantly... I did not like the name
    The Turtle does not like the name,
    I preffered Isshu,[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]No really, I just don't like the name, I also would have...
    Like better names, Im not really the one who would name
    Pokemon:Snivy, Tepig, And lastly but not worst, Oshawott,
    Alright, You get that Im formating my text in the form of...[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

A ship, Yea... I Just felt like it,

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I really liked Isshu; I loved the puns everyone made out of it. Though, Unova is a pretty cool name itself, the word "nova" reminds me of stars though, idk why. XD; Happy to say I've gotten used it though. [:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Unova? Wow, that sure sounds exotic (enough) for me. Also, extra points for thinking up of a region name. I guess sometimes, name changes are inevitable, though? But it might work out better than if the name wasn't changed.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I think Unova will have it's own Johto. Why? Gen 6 can't have another fresh batch of Pokemon with their own eco-system, so they'll have to incorporate Pokemon from another region. Seeing as Unova is a rebirth for Pokemon, I doubt that Gen 6 will harbor some Pokemon from from Gen 1 - 4, meaning that they'll have some Unova Pokemon. So this future region can either be an extension, like Johto was to Kanto, our just be on the same piece of land/country as Unova was :)

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I think Unova will have it's own Johto. Why? Gen 6 can't have another fresh batch of Pokemon with their own eco-system, so they'll have to incorporate Pokemon from another region. Seeing as Unova is a rebirth for Pokemon, I doubt that Gen 6 will harbor some Pokemon from from Gen 1 - 4, meaning that they'll have some Unova Pokemon. So this future region can either be an extension, like Johto was to Kanto, our just be on the same piece of land/country as Unova was :)
    I thought the same thing! I would like to see them to this, hopefully they will choose another state to base it off of. *crosses fingers for NC*

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • This has been the first time that I played the new version of a pokemon game before it was released; now that I have become accustomed to the region name, starters names, and everything else that was meant for the Japenese version, it's very hard to get used to all of the new names. It doesn't feel the same...for now anyways.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Does it really matter what the name of the region is? Isshu, Unova--- it's all the same to me...as long as the game is fun (which it is!) I'm cool with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back