• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It is too Overpriced!

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    People keep complaining about Ultra Balls haha. I never buy those. Quick Balls, Dusk Balls, basically any specialty ball has a higher catch rate when their requirement is met. Not to mention they're usually cheaper.

BUT, Vitamins. 9800, seriously? WAY overpriced..

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'll agree with the mentions of Ultra balls, and Super Potions (although with the latter I somewhat think it's purposeful in a way... the ease of the mainstream mart in which you can buy multiple at once, or the superior lemonade but not in marts typically and one at a time (or in the odd game, 12 at a time iirc?).

I think revives are priced reasonably - they're a fairly awesome item after all. Vitamins however are a bit too much, frankly.

The heck aren't Ethers and the like buyable though? =(

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I've never really cared for the prices of items in game. I rarely find myself buying anything while playing and money is incredibly easy to come by after you beat the Elite 4. This is the first time I've even thought of the prices, it's really not something I consider important.

The heck aren't Ethers and the like buyable though? =(

I do agree with this though.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
    I agree with the Ultra Balls and Vitamins being overpriced. Mainly the Vitamins...I mean, $9800 a piece? Ridiculous. Also, I think they should sell PP Ups, Max Revives, Better TM's like T-Bolt, Ice Beam, Swords Dance, etc etc etc. I'd also like to see the Choice Items for sale, like the Scarf, Band, Specs. Because the Battle Points (BP) are really hard to get (in my opinion). I mean, come on, they are way too overpriced. Considering you battle 7 trainers for 3 BP each. But over all, prices don't affect me that much, as often as I face the E4, I have $999999 on hand and $999999 deposited with Mom. In HG, I have beaten the E4 113 times, with the Coin thingy equiped.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I wish revives had a lower price, not a lot just around 200 less. All it does it revives a Pokemon to half Hp, it's great but not fantastic. Agreeing with Ultra Balls and Super Potions, although I think the reason why Super Potions are so expensive is because they're obtainable at the start of the game. Whereas Lemonade's don't come around until the department store town. (I forget in B/W, I think it's like Castelia City...) I think that regular Potions are slightly pricey, especially for the first part of the game where you're literally selling everything just for 300 to buy a potion. I'd put them down to about 150/200.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    Nothing, really. I manage to get around at least 300k easy (grinding at E4... etc). However, if I have to choose one, it'd be vitamins. (9.8k for 10 EV... should be bit cheaper IMO)

Back