• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Item you must always have on you

If you had a choice of Exp Shere or Amulet Coin what item would you choose?

• Exp Shere(What ever item you dont pick you will never see again)

Votes: 50 65.8%
  • Amulet Coin

Votes: 26 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
Years
  • Always have Repel. Because when your on a quest or something like that. Pokemons will appear when you are stepping in the grass or traveling through the sea. Especially when your in a hurry. and also i always bring extra Super Revives/Hyper Potions. Because like when your battling a gang like Team Rocket/Galactic. etc. You'll need those.

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    I pick the Amulet Coin over the Exp Share. I use the Amulet when I fight the Elite Four so I get twice the money, and just keep low level pokemon at the front of my party so they get more Exp Points than they would fighting pretty much any other trainer in the game.

Ayselipera

They come in handy!

Zach.Is.Me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    Experience share and revive.I cant live without these items!!

Yeah, revives are awesome. But dear lord are they expensive. I'm generally too cheap to buy them and will resort to running back to the closest pokecenter.

Unless I'm battling the elite 4... then they're kind of necessary.

Years
  • I tend to always have exp. share because I train with the pokemon league to get certain pokemon that evolve at high levels

Years
  • I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned Escape Rope.

I always make sure I have a couple of those. Think about it, you're in a cave, 5 of your Pokemon are fainted and you ran out of revives. Your sixth Pokemon is weak, but you hold onto it because you want it to gain some levels. You're too far away from the exit and you don't want to faint in battle, or have to pay a trainer your money. So you use an Escape Rope to get out of the cave to heal your Pokemon immediately.

Items I like to hold onto: Repels, Escape Rope, Pokeballs, Ultra Balls (in case of a Legendary encounter), Revives for long journeys, items that can cure HP and PP and status. I always try to save the Elixers and Ethers for the Elite Four. Amulet Coin is a good item to use when battling the Elite Four. Also, I like items that power up type moves. For example, Charcoal for fire pokemon, mystic water for water Pokemon, and miracle leaf for Grass Pokemon.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Pokeballs? xD

Out of the two on the list I would always have the Exp share, makes it easier to train up the lower leveled Pokes.

Zach.Is.Me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    I always try to save the Elixers and Ethers for the Elite Four. Amulet Coin is a good item to use when battling the Elite Four.

Yeah, same here. By the time you get to that level, all the best moves ALWAYS have only 5 PP. I so wish you could buy ethers and elixers in pokemarts. That would be quite convenient.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2018
    I always let the pokemon I train hold Lucky Eggs, gotta love the Exp boost :P.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I chose exp share on the poll.
    Repel is an essential for me.

Burzes

Salvation my name is WiFi!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    EXP Share... I only use it for pokemon that need level up at a certain place or move.... Either that or I'm lazy.

Years
  • A good thing to get at a department store in a Pokemon game is Fresh Water, Soda Pop, & Lemonade. (Lemonade is the best choice.) It's cheaper than super potions, and it heals more HP. Lemonade is like 350, and heals 80 HP whereas Super Potions are $700 and only heal 50 HP. Fresh Water is 200 dollars and heals 50 HP as well, but it's cheaper than Super Potions. Soda Pop is 300 dollars, but it heals 60 HP. Your best bet is Lemonade. It's cheap and restores 80 HP. Very useful.

-Raiken-

L is real 2401
    Years
  • Exp Share over the Amulet Coin and also Pokeballs because I find them much better than Great Balls/Ultra Balls for some odd reason.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back