• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

it's evolution time

joelogs

region Explorer
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    we know that some pokemon have special ways of evolution. the question here is at what sort of level or conditions do you base that it is time for (kadabra, machoke, electabuzz... to be traded and evolve or roselia to take shiny stone to evolve) evolution. i hope you get what i mean. please share you thoughts.

Josef

Currently playing Let's Go Pikachu
    Years
  • I'm always such a dork to google their move's list and see if I'll miss out on any great attack, but oftentimes I can't wait! TM's make that decision so much easier, too.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
  • I'm always such a dork to google their move's list and see if I'll miss out on any great attack, but oftentimes I can't wait! TM's make that decision so much easier, too.

Lol, I personally think that's a smart thing to do. I often do the same.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • i usually evolve my pokemon right away. the evos tend to learn the moves later after evolving anyway, unless its a stone pokemon. then if its a stone i raise til till lvl 50 then evolve it

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    i usually evolve my pokemon right away. the evos tend to learn the moves later after evolving anyway, unless its a stone pokemon. then if its a stone i raise til till lvl 50 then evolve it

doesn't make a big difference in stats if its evolved right away?

Years
  • If I have a Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, or Haunter, I will evolve them as soon as they evolve into said Pokemon because they all learn their moves at the exact same level as their final evolution. There is no excuse on waiting for it to evolve.

As for the other Pokemon, I also try to evolve as soon as possible. Most of the time, I already have decided what four moves I want and they are either TMs or Egg moves so I won't be really missing much.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Usually I look up the moves that it can learn before and after evolution to make sure that I'm not missing out on any important moves. Once I have all the moves that I want from the pre-evolution pokemon, I evolve it because evolution generally increases stats, which makes battles easier. There are also move tutors and TMs, so sometimes it doesn't matter when to evolve pokemon. I almost always get the evolution process over with unless I'm waiting for a pre-evolution move.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
    Years
  • I usually wait, until they've got some decent moves before I evolve them. Sure, their evolved forms are stronger, but a great set of moves is still important, imo.

Back