• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Official: Water Found on the Moon.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    We've made discoveries greater than this. And besides, life on the moon isn't going to happen. It's a quarter of the Earth's size, so unless half of us die on the way there, we're not going to fit. Like everyone else stated, if we're going anywhere, and unless we find somewhere much like Earth, it's going to be Mars.

Too much money is going into space travel, in my opinion. We should at least share it around evenly.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Back to the topic, I believe that we can now finally begin to take our first steps to conquering the Galaxyinterplanetary exploration. Once a base has been established on the moon, we can use the moons lower gravity to launch rockets to mars with less fuel required for take-off.

The Moon Rocks!(pun intended)

If that's the case, we could send explorers from the Moon to the Mars to colonize there.
    Believe me, Mars is way better than the moon(and they have found water on Mars too).

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    If that's the case, we could send explorers from the Moon to the Mars to colonize there.
    Believe me, Mars is way better than the moon(and they have found water on Mars too).
    I think that was the general idea. There isn't sufficient gravity on the moon for it to sustain a dense enough breathable atmosphere. We might however, be able to artificially create an atmosphere on mars by using the greenhouse effect. Although, i wonder how the pioneers would cope with the dust storms...

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013

Well the point behind making the moon habitable is the transit time between it and the Earth in comparison to Mars or anywhere else.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I would say that if something does go wrong in the year 2012, the will and the strong survived should life on the moon.

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
    I think it would be pointless haveing a base on the moon because what in gods name are they going to do up their besides seeing how far they could jump. I think it would be a waste of money. But I would like to live up their.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I think it would be pointless haveing a base on the moon because what in gods name are they going to do up their besides seeing how far they could jump. I think it would be a waste of money. But I would like to live up their.
    I've explained this before so I'll explain it again.

We could use the moon's lower gravity to launch rockets to other planets without wasting to much fuel in escaping the gravitational pull of the moon. That means, we can travel further on more fuel. Also, some scientists believe that the abundant Helium 3 present on the moon can be used to fuel the rockets as an alternative.

Yes, it would be nice to live there.
    But I would like to live up their
    Up whose what exactly?

I lol'ed. XD
    No offense.

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
    I've explained this before so I'll explain it again.

We could use the moon's lower gravity to launch rockets to other planets without wasting to much fuel in escaping the gravitational pull of the moon. That means, we can travel further on more fuel. Also, some scientists believe that the abundant Helium 3 present on the moon can be used to fuel the rockets as an alternative.

Yes, it would be nice to live there.

Up whose what exactly?

I lol'ed. XD
    No offense.

You know what I meant XD. Besides I like the moon because thats my last name MidnightMoon. I would like to go on the moon then look at earth and then moon everybody down their lol XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2009
    I'm not all that surprised. I mean, Hydrogen is a really common element, and Oxygen isn't terribly scarce, so H2O can form in a lot of places. There's water on Mars too. I mean, it's really cool news, but not a mind-numbing shocker.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I'm not all that surprised. I mean, Hydrogen is a really common element, and Oxygen isn't terribly scarce, so H2O can form in a lot of places. There's water on Mars too. I mean, it's really cool news, but not a mind-numbing shocker.

Water-ice.

People need to start saying water-ice. There is difference between liquid water and water-ice. D:

There is also water vapor in the atmospheres of Venus and Jupiter and there is a liquid ocean under Jupiter's moon Europa, which has a high possibility of supporting life. O:

But yeah, this is neat. Moon base? : 3 Not a colony though! The Moon's gravity is not strong enough to keep calcium and other nutrients in our body. So people who stay there long enough will either:

1. Become too weak to come back to Earth.
    2. Die.

: D

Not to mention cancer, unless they put a foot of led into the walls/build the base underground.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I would not move there because you would have to a space sute all the time.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Actually, what they would do is install a machine that turns water into oxygen, then a filter system for the C02. It's cheaper than a bio-dome.

True, but a biome could also produce food for the colonists.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    I'm waiting for them to drill a little deeper and discover that the Moon is actually hollow inside due to being an ancient alien spaceship. Yep. Any day now...

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    I don't know what else to say than more water for us.

Okay. When we have to transport hunks of moon ice to Earth for drinking purposes, that's when we'll know we're really hard up. At that point it'd probably more economically practical to desalinate ocean water, although I won't deny that drinking space water would be totally frickin awesome

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
    Is there anything that, in the mind of America, explosives won't solve? XD

I am so thrilled about this news, although the water was mainly extracted from the plume of stuff shot up by the boom.

Back