• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Official: Water Found on the Moon.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Wait why would anybody want to live on the moon?
    I dont see anything wrong where we are now >:

Years
    if i did not say it,then u lot would all be ******
    Are your other 10 posts as pointless and devoid of grammar as your last 3?

*looks*

Yup.

I'll attempt to ignore any further idiotisms.

EDIT: Lol, the posts were deleted. Thanks Chibi-chan.
    I think its just the fact that where there's water, there's life, and it makes those scientists all giddy inside.
    LOL, that's a given. :) I was hoping that there was some miraculous meaning to finding water on the moon. It's neat it its own right, but doesn't really mean much other than tiny organisms on the moon. Meh. Let me know when they find some Hollywood aliens. "OMG IT'S TEH PREDATOR ON TEH MOON!!!"

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Considering how common Hydrogen is in the universe, water and hydrocarbons are probably all over the place in the universe. It's no surprise to find it on Mars or on the moon, really. Now advanced life... that's a bit different XD

Years
    Wait why would anybody want to live on the moon?
    I dont see anything wrong where we are now >:
    It's not that they want to go to the moon, it's setting up a base on the moon so that they could possibly get to Mars. But we've already discussed that it would be inefficient, anyway. We'll probably never live on the moon. The eventual question is "How long will the Earth's resources hold out?" And eventually, from what I understand, billions of years from now, the Sun will eventually go into a "Red Giant" stage and swallow the Earth.

*surfs web for Sun cycle stuff*

Actually, scratch that; they're saying that the Sun won't encompass the Earth during the Red Giant stage, but rather, another stage afterward will release a lot of solar flares. And if that doesn't get us, the loss of gravitational pull from the Sun will.

The End of Earth Life Astronomy discussion (part II)

So it's all irrelavent really.

Ah, there's nothing like talking about the inevatable end of the world to make one feel better.....:\

Imah shut up, now, k?
    Considering how common Hydrogen is in the universe, water and hydrocarbons are probably all over the place in the universe. It's no surprise to find it on Mars or on the moon, really. Now advanced life... that's a bit different XD
    Just a bit. XD

Last edited:

Ayselipera

I think they should use the moon only for a last resort just in case something bad ever does happen to the Earth.

Maybe so, but theres no way everyone could go. The moon's surface area is 37.9 million square kilometers while the Continent of Asia is 44.4 million square kilometers.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Not surprised, I heard about this on world news.
    Now how about we get an atmosphere for the moon too?
    10 Chinese hummers should do the trick if we only drive them for 5 Earth days.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Not surprised, I heard about this on world news.
    Now how about we get an atmosphere for the moon too?
    10 Chinese hummers should do the trick if we only drive them for 5 Earth days.

I do believe that the Moon's gravity is insufficient to support a breathable atmosphere, but it may be enough to support plants. What kind of atmospheric pressure do you think we could achieve?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I think there might be very small life forms since they have water on the moon. It is likely since the earth started out like that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm reminded of the X3TC description for the ice ware...
    "Water in the form of ice is harvested from asteroids [some tosh I don't specifically recall about supply of planetary colonies and Earth water retrictions imposed by the ATF]."

Water is really quite a basic compound, so I actually expected it to be on the Moon as well as many other places.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 28, 2012
    This is amazing. It makes me sad that I will never be able to see any significant change compared to what's happened today. Maybe centuries from now, organisms and life forms will be able to inhabit the Moon, but I'll never know about it.

However, I kind of don't think that should happen. The Moon isn't meant to be inhabited. I'm not too sure what this discovery of water will mean for the future of the Moon, but humans sure have effed some stuff up down here... hopefully they don't take the Moon too.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    This is amazing. It makes me sad that I will never be able to see any significant change compared to what's happened today. Maybe centuries from now, organisms and life forms will be able to inhabit the Moon, but I'll never know about it.

However, I kind of don't think that should happen. The Moon isn't meant to be inhabited. I'm not too sure what this discovery of water will mean for the future of the Moon, but humans sure have effed some stuff up down here... hopefully they don't take the Moon too.

That's just one of the boundaries we're not willing to understand, even if it were true. It's in human nature to be skeptical, to question and to keep moving forward.
    The Moon will be take up some day.

Sorry to tell you, but that is what we plan on doing, why else would we be searching for water?
    For teh lulz?, nope.

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
    Years
    Hey, we already planted our flag up there. It's just a matter of time until we formally move in.

Manifest Destiny FTW!!! <=P

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I think it's quite cool that they found water. It means that we're 1 step closer to off world colonisation, and that's got to be a good thing right? I mean one day, either some great catastrophe will happen on Earth, so the people living off world may have to carry on the human race, or the more likely option, Earth will get over crowded, so people should be given the option to leave. Besides anything else, expansion = greater chance of meeting discovering aliens.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I think us Yanks should dominate the world before we do that, because we're that awesome.

/lolsarcasm

Never! Earth will soon be known as Greater Britain and once we start expanding of world we will call our collection of colonies The New Great British Empire!
    Because Britain is win.

Years
    Never! Earth will soon be known as Greater Britain and once we start expanding of world we will call our collection of colonies The New Great British Empire!
    Because Britain is win.
    Been there, done that, didn't last.

Seriously though, every piece of information we gain about the universe helps us understand it better. We can form better theories about other big space rocks we haven't studied as thoroughly. It helps keep us from assuming too many things we don't really know that much about.

Back