• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Itunes?

Years
    I downloaded itunes last year and when i went into it, it didnt work so i tried to delete it and download it again. Well it get halfway through and says

'cannot access %APPDATA%'

Can someone please help cause i have no clue what that means.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Usually the uninstaller removes the folders that the program needs to function during the uninstall process. By removing them before using the uninstaller you are basically taking away the path the uninstaller needs. It looks for the items to delete and if it can't find them, then it gets confused and stops with the error.
    The uninstaller also removes the registry notations that iTunes used so they aren't cluttering things up.

Gist of post: Always run the uninstaller first. If there are folders left after that then it is usually ok to delete them as long as you know another program is not using them.

Years
    so what am i supposed to do now? cause i deleted the folders and then uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it and the error keeps coming up.

Back