• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Finished up Shuffle!. I'm planning on watching the 2nd season as soon Kira releases the episodes.

Don't waste your time. It's a retelling.

Can't remember a lot of shuffle but I think I liked it, near the end did the childhood friend
    Spoiler:
    Lol childhood friend. That tells a lot. Pretty much all the girls in Shuffle are childhood friend types. Asa, and Kaede are the two big ones they make obvious, though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    A retelling, I might actually give that a watch as well, it saves watching the whole series again.

Also Cromartie High School confirmed for best school setting series ever.
    J-E Discussion

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    RIP Toyoo Ashida. You were an awesome man, and I hope you went out in a blaze of glorysupernova of your own awesome.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    It's always sad when somebody dies. RIP.

Finally got myself an external HD, my infinite backlog works will increase tenfold over the next few weeks.

Patriсk

warup warup, the sky!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    The excessive censoring in Manyuu Hikenchou is getting disturbingly annoying (redundancy intended) and ridiculous. I saw somewhere a less censored version has been released, but I can't really find it. Anyone got a clue as to whether an uncensored version is going to be released? After all, the producers of Manyuu Hikenchou are the same ones of Seikon no Qwaser.

Other than that, the new series aren't what I previously anticipated. Baka to Test season 2, in my opinion, commenced well but took an ill-advised detour into a somehow realm of unnecessary fillers, and only three episodes have been announced. It is not terrible, but it certainly needs improvement. Other shows such as Sacred Seven and A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives are utter disasters. R-15, however, isn't as bad as I expected.

Years
    Hiryuu has released a director's cut of episode one for Manyuu Hikenchou. It's a rip of the 360p web streaming version though. Otherwise wait for Blurays which come out like when the show is done (good luck waiting for someone to do them for a show like this).

Meanwhile, my backlog is so big, that I haven't even started episode 1s for all the summer series I want to see. Such misfortune.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Pretty much narrowed down my summer watching now. Exorcist, Bleach, Blood-C, Dantalian no Shoka, Iroha, Serial Experiments Dr Pepper, Penguins, Ninjas, Nichijou, Yaoi Bait, Science, PreCure and Bunnies. I may have just called it Yaoi Bait but No.6 is actually more entertaining than pretty much everything new this season, probably scoring the same as Usagi Drop in my book.

Yeah Japan and it's need to censor everything sucks, I actually will probably check out the Manyuu manga because it sounds genius.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Is it sad that my only anime for the summer are two continuing series, Iroha and Precure, as well as trying to catch up on Nanoha A's, StrikerS, and two previous PreCure seasons (Yes! and Fresh!)?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    How close to being completley subbed are said Precure Series? I guess I'll watch the rest of Heartcatch before I get to any others but it'd be nice to know.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Finished up Seto no Hanayome and it's OVAs yesterday, and I'd have to say, it was a pretty good comedy. One of the best ones I've seen. Not as much romance as I'd like, but it's still pretty good. Has anyone seen any of the following?:

Fractale
    Ghost hound
    Ookami Kakushi
    Tayutama -Kiss on my Deity-
    Le Chevalier D'Eon
    Kamisama Kazoku

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Just seen Fractale here but you knew that, I would recommend it even if it's far from the required quality to "save anime" and totally got raped by Madoka and Infinite Stratos in terms of sales and entertainment value.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    Just finished watching The Tatami Galaxy. I really enjoyed it and the characters were fantastic. I loved them all, they all had their own uniqueness about them and I liked the Groundhog Day-esque time loop concept. Currently watching the three specials that were included in the DVD/BD releases.

Planning to watch Kaiba and Kuuchuu Buranko soon. I'm going to hospital soon and I plan on taking my laptop so hopefully they'll manage to keep my interest whilst I'm stuck there.

@Charizard★: I've seen Ookami Kakushi but from what I can remember I found it pretty bad. The only reason I watched it was because Ryukishi07 had something to do with it. The OP song was pretty cool, though I usually like songs by FictionJunction.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Ooooh, I watched Kuuchuu Buranko a few weeks ago and rather enjoyed it. Interesting style and some very funny episodes indeed lead me to score it a 7 or 8/10 I think.

I know I shouldn't judge without watching but I feel safe in saying When they Cry will be the work Ryukishi07 wants people to remember.

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    I've actually watched Kuuchuu Buranko before but I felt as if I didn't give it my full attention whilst watching it. I thought it would be quite fitting to re-watch it whilst I'm in hospital seeing how it's based in a hospital.

I agree with you about the R07 thing. I wonder if they'll make his new project (Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni) into an anime.

Gonna start reading Pandora Hearts and Mirai Nikki from the beginning sometime. It's been so long since I've read them (I've sort of grown out of the anime/manga scene) and I've forgotten what's happened in both of them.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    How is Dantalian no Shoka going so far? I remember having a mediocre impression by the first episode and now I am reading very mixed reviews about the further episodes. It seemed the most..normal series of this Summer.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    It's ok, nothing amazing so far but it's worth watching at least. Not what I've come to expect of Gainax but I think I'll end up liking it more than their last series.

Also, Dr Pepper.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Glad Gosick got a dub most despite liking the other two series more, Nichijou is cool but won't be as cool in English and Madoka will be ok as long as the voices aren't too annoying, could have picked a lot worse shows overall.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back