• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I'm not even gonna' pretend that i know what that is but i'm happy for you. xD

Not really been feeling in an ani/manga mood today, I'll probably watch Yakumo e6 sometime this evening but that's about it.

Do any of you know how long it takes for a pretty popular manga to go from chapter release to translated on scan sites? Days/weeks/more?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    And yet Pretty Cure is STILL not being broadcast in the US, despite the fact there is an English dub ready to go :/

I think the US must have something against girls kicking butt...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    bah, just powered through all of the "History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi" and "The World God Only Knows" manga so I'm up to date. Way too exhausted...where's my OOO? where's my Weib Schwarz? such is the the worried life of the digi right now.

As far as PreCure goes, I remember trying to pick Heartcatch up at some point cuz that was the most recent, but I was behind enough that I gave up. or something

EDIT: Marathoning those was totally worth it though, even if I don't like reading manga while it has an anime ariring.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Yosuga no Sora is so melodramatic, 2nd arc finished and well errrr nothing really happened. Can't believe people are making comparisons to Clannad. -.-. Anyway on to Yakumo.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    It's not my favourite but a lot of things i've seen/read have a magical girl element to them. That reminds me, Cardcaptor Sakura FTW. :L

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yeah, I don't get it either. Heck, it was recently licensed to air on TV in the UK but the US still ain't got it.

And I'm not a big fan of the major shonen series :P

*Needs to sit down and watch CCS when I have more time*

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Yosuga no Sora is so melodramatic, 2nd arc finished and well errrr nothing really happened. Can't believe people are making comparisons to Clannad. -.-. Anyway on to Yakumo.

Probably has something to do with them trying to fit all the paths of the visual novel into a 12 episode series instead of only focusing on the bigger ones. The fact that they have the extra part and that they're incorporating the H-scenes could be cutting time off that as well, though at the same time, we haven't hit the main arc, so it may be a while.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Anyone know what anime this is from? I recognise the guy but can't remember the name.

J-E Discussion

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Finished the original To Love-Ru manga and wow it's like Hasemi and Yabuki didn't know it would be finishing until the 2nd to last chapter. If "Darkness" hadn't started this would be one of the most disappointing endings ever.
    --

I finished a Makoto Shinkai film and I don't feel depressed, a little confused at why he over complicated it but not depressed. :o The Place Promised in Our Early Days = well worth a watch.

Last edited:

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Ladies... Gentlemen...

I, Shanghai Alice, am about to embark on a journey which promises to be fraught with uncertainty and, possibly, peril. I hope it is a successful and enjoyable journey, as I am investing a heavy portion of my life into it.

I, Shanghai Alice, am about to begin the journey of Eden of the East, even if I am about a year and a half late to the party...

EDIT: Thoughts, post-Episode 1...
    1. It's... interesting. The humor is moderately off the wall, almost like a subdued anything-goes comedy. However... I dunno. More viewing is needed.

2. Everyone who speaks English speaks English, even if the Americans do sound like robots. It's nice, because there's no flanderization, everyone just... speaks their native language. I like that aspect, but it's kind of weird having English voices and English subs at the same time. :/

3. Interesting plot, though almost nothing has been revealed. I'm dying to know more.

4. The characters are... odd. I want to say flat, but I can't. I want to say round, but I can't. I need more information.

5. Oh, and the pop culture references are nice. "Jasahn Bahne..." in an anime, no less. Heh.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Have fun on your journey. That is another anime i have ready to go but i'm not awake enough to watch a serious anime today. Hayate for teh wins.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    Hello. I'm Vincent :D

I just watched Fortune Arterial, episode 6, and oh my god, it was horrible! I didn't mind the first couple of episodes being generic and ludicrous in a way, but after the recent episode, I decided to drop it 'hard'; it was a disaster. The anime seems to be/IS destroying itself and thwarting anything "bearable" in this sorry-excuse of an anime. That may just be my opinion, but this is one anime I erased from my watching-list.

Other than that, Star Driver, Psychic Detective Yakumo, MM!, and I forgot the others, were all a good watch today.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Welcome to PC Vincent.

I started watching Fortune Arterial but put it on hold after a couple of episodes, i'll finish it when it's finished airing probably. Decided to read the manga, it's taken 16 -17 chapters but i'm finally seeing some potential in it. I think an ok romance is slowly building between the two main characters so it might end up being ok. No way near as good as Rosario + Vampire which shares basically all of the same genres.

Bar Star Driver I can say all of those are worth watching. Yakumo especially.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    Thanks. xD

I never read the manga, but it couldn't be [I hope not] as disastrous as the anime, so I might look at it. You read R + V? That's probably one of my best reads in a long time, of course, next to Bakuman and FMA. :D

I am currently reading AND watching High school of the Dead, and I am thinking of stopping the anime; the anime follows the manga well, and I prefer manga over anime, so yeah. xD

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Lets just say there are plenty of better Anime and Manga on the market :L

Indeed, R+V is one of my favourite manga. I'm also reading HOTD, i watched it whilst it was airing though. Not seen or reas FMA although it is on my ever growing to do list. I started the Bakuman anime so i'll read the manga after it's finished airing.

Other than those the better manga i'm reading would be Cage of Eden, Deadman Wonderland, Umi no Misaki, To LOVE-Ru Darkness and KissxSis.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back