• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I watched most of the first season of Higurashi and some of it was pretty disturbing, you're right the cuteness of the characters was misleading. I watched it when i wasn't really an anime fan so i don't think i finished it. I'll rewatch it soon though.

Currently watching Sasuke Uchiha getting his emo butt kicked, it's pretty satisfying to be honest with you.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    What really sucks about Sasuke is that he was...

Not emo early on in the show.

And by early on I mean when the show wasn't a total farce.

And by that, I mean the Zabuza Arc.

He didn't come off as a total emo, he came off as...

A prick. And not just any kind of prick. A smug prick.

COOLER STYLE.

Much better characterization, IMO.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    It's funny to me how the discussion switches to Naruto and then the thread dies... then again I never liked Naruto so maybe that's why I find it so funny.

On another topic, I finished watching episode 16 of Fresh Pretty Cure where I learned that skeletons are too lightweight and too delicate to make good monsters when battling teenage girls with pretty magical powers. And also that even evil minions from alternate dimensions can enjoy Earth treats like doughnuts :)

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    *Apologises for bringing up Naruto, although the thread was dying a little before, I guess that little ninja could have dealt the final blow ^^

Girls with magical powers, I just finished downloading Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. 10gb of flashy magic, fights and moe.

I probably won't watch a lot of anything tonight mind, last night I had a massive Kekkaishi marathon, that was actually really good.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yeah, since the subbers for Fresh PreCure had that mass releasing of six episodes in one week, I think they're slowing down for a bit, so my watching will be minimal this weekend.

They also did about four episodes of Yes PreCure 5 GoGo which I can't watch because the first season of YPC5 was only subbed up to 25, and those two seasons do share continuity.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Higurashi... Higurashi... Higurashi...

My throat itches like crazy... And does this obsession with the show mean...

Four episodes in, and I'm already marked...

0_0

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    For all the killer lolis and torture chambers I still think by far the most disturbing thing in that series is needle rice balls. I mean those girls are Japanese and they don't know how to make rice balls? Needles are for sewing, not feeding to people.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    @LeSabre: I'm a major pansy. I've been waiting one year to watch this show, for that reason. However... It's not out-and-out horror, just blood splatter shots, and mindf-screw-ery. So far.

Machete Rena is awesome, though.

@Lapras: They're red sweetened bean paste sticky balls in the dub, and I don't think anyone knows what the hell those are, much less the recipe.

Oh, and Keiichi's a moron. Both for eating the food, and for squeezing something that most likely has another needle with his bare hands.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I might watch it if it was showing in something like anime club, but not something I would seek out to watch on my own. I need my magical girls and high school romance shows :P

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    IF THIS IS A BECOMING A DRAGONBALL THREAD DOES THAT MEAN WE ALL HAVE TO SHOUT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking at the top of my list my top 10 has 9 anime with romance as at least the secondary genre. I am a major Shonen fan as well though, my latest venture into it has been Kekkaishi, i can't believe they stopped that at only 52 episodes. FOr the genre it was pretty expansive.

Anyway as it is MaL related....I ******* hate CSS.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    The character designs of Dragon Ball creep me out for whatever reason :/ And I'm thinking there's a distinct lack of cute schoolgirls in it.

Imagine Goku, Piccolo, Frieza, Cell and everyone going to a highschool; Videl and Chi Chi being the cute schoolgirls.
    Gang fights being major fights, with Kamehamehas. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years

Imagine Goku, Piccolo, Frieza, Cell and everyone going to a highschool; Videl and Chi Chi being the cute schoolgirls.
    Gang fights being major fights, with Kamehamehas. XD
    Thanks, now that's an image I'll never be able to get out of my head...

...though some fan artist somewhere probably has already depicted this scene o.0

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Not wrong. Enjoyment from the art is a part of anime, if you're not getting that then your enjoyment overall is less. I haven't seen a lot of Dragonball but from what i have there are a lot of similar shows with more appealing art.

But to judge 100% on art is of course a bit silly as you could miss some real gems. Same goes to only watching recent anime or avoiding something because it has a lot of haters.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Serial Experiments Lain?..... That art wasn't head beating in bad was it in my opinion. That is if you're talking about that series.

The only art that has really gotten on my nerves actually wasn't the art, it was transitions, panels and effects being over used. I bet you couldn't guess what producers i'm talking about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back