• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
  • The only mushy romance I can stand is Kimi ni Todoke. Maid-sama... kinda bombed at the end part but I love the ending.

I like shounen-type romances more, Like Nyan Koi or Toradora. No fluffy fluffy stuff.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Although the best part of Toradora! was the mushy parts in the last few episodes.

I have no problem with a mushy romance shojo i just prefer a more realistic romance story if you know what i mean, less fluffy.

Shonen romance is hit and miss, few have been ok though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Shoujo>Shonen and i'm a massive shonenfag. TWOGK is really fun as are series like Umi no Misaki and To Love-Ru but you can't beat a well done Shojo.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    The only real shoujo I actually enjoyed was Maid-Sama, but then again, I never really tried any other. I'm more into some Shounen, but I'm not really a big fan of either. Only some specific Shounen anime I'm interested in, not the whole division.

Years
  • Skip Beat is one I'll check out eventually. Non mushy romance shojo is probably my favourite genre.
    If you like that maybe you should check out Glass Mask, too. Same kind of idea as Skip Beat (girl wants to be a stage actress) and it does have a romance aspect and a rivalry aspect, but it's not super mushy nor super cliche.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Huh....so Gainax really did pick up Medaka Box...Interesting, especially coming from some of the rep that it's getting.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • @Scarf - Looks Interesting, I wish i didn't have a backlog of over 200Gb atm. ._.

And Medaka Box, despite thy hype I never checked it out. Lets hope this Gainax series is better than their last.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Medaka Box is by Nisio Isin, right? That + Gainax = I don't think my body could handle it. Gainax is pretty much Shaft with way higher budgets.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Indeed, the guy that wrote Bake and many others.

Also, I wonder if this rabbit in CCS want to make a contract with you.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Just finished Kore wa Zombie desu ka?

In the first few episodes, it showed a good, new type of harem type, but then after those episodes it became dull, there were laughs here and there, but that's about it. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes vampires, harems, zombies, or basically ecchi lovers. It was okay, not that good, not that bad.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Seems that /a/ were right about the ending then, too much forced plot?

It's one's a bit in the future but will you guys be watching this? It's a bit of an inexperienced cast but strangley for a shonen series the plot should make up for it. So happy that this and Deadman Wonderland got tv series.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Seems that /a/ were right about the ending then, too much forced plot?

It's one's a bit in the future but will you guys be watching this? It's a bit of an inexperienced cast but strangley for a shonen series the plot should make up for it. So happy that this and Deadman Wonderland got tv series.
    The ending was kind of forced a bit, and the last episode was just plain random.

The plot to that anime seems good and all, but the art make me want to avoid it. But, if it does turn out to be good I'll have a go at it.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • That's just the promo art, the series should look like this ova.

Shame the guy is pathetic 95% of the time and girls madness will probably be censored, meh.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I'll watch it probably

The ending was terrible, but it was a good ride until the final chapters

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I quite liked the ending, she pierced the heavens with her drill hammer and kicked reality to the curb.

This is a spoiler so if you haven't read don't open, if you have read open and lol.
    Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Can't disagree with Bebop, we could all see it coming but it was perfect.

My favourite endings would be those of Clannad, Tokyo Magnitude, Spice and Wolf II, FLCL, Utena and to an extent Lain (guess that means Madoka as well) and Angel Beats. Truly good endings are pretty hard to come across in anime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back