• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese DCC

Lord Sesshomaru

I am Lord Sesshomaru
    Years
    And does anyone have the FMA eps 2, 3, 4, and 5 that I can put on my iPod Video?
    EDIT: Sorry if I'm being a pest to you, but what Inuyasha ep # is this?
    EDIT:
    Shampoo said:
    That's an eppy before or after Kagura tries to bribe Sesshomaru.It's somewhere in the 50s-60's-Early 70's? O.o I have it in Spanish dub =3
    I'm not going to ask for it because I don't understand spanish unless it has english subs.

Last edited:

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Rukario639 said:
    And does anyone have the FMA eps 2, 3, 4, and 5 that I can put on my iPod Video?
    v_v No. Bleh, there should be a rule against asking for these. And besides, watch them on your computer. You'd need softwares for converting them into iPod Compatible Videos anyway. Its like MagicMovie, the software that came with my video MP3 player, I have to convert videos into special files before I can watch them on my MP3 player.

Size one sidenote: Someone people say my MP3 player is an MP4 'cause its got video, but it doesn't support the actual MP4 format. Would that make my machine a MP3.5 Player? XD

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Gargh...about to have my first experience with subbed anime. I have the fifth season of Inuyasha on disc, but the only version my friend could find for me (he has some of the fastest internet around) was a Japanese version on bittorrent...I suppose I can learn to like it x_x

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    If I find something to be an engaging story, I find little reason to be critical. As long as it doesn't sound like One Piece I tend to really like it; I just believe in the beggars can't be choosers axiom and the fact that total realism isn't necessary in all aspects of an anime for it to be a quality production.

Subbed it just something I'm not used to.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    ...Inuyasha has an engaging story? I found the Arlong arc of One Piece to be better than the entire run of Inuyasha, but that's just me.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Inuyasha is a good series. It does not seem good later on though. It had a great beginning but it should had ended some time back.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Yes, my definition of filler is very loose; just because a story is self-contained and can begin and end in the span of thirty minutes, I don't see it as inferior for not adding anything to the overall plot. I prefer slow, drawn-out character development. 26 episodes often seems too little for me, especially in anime that I know for a fact could maintain their level of quality with more than what is produced.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Inuyasha really doesn't interest me much~

Seems rather slow and the animation is shoddy >.o;

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Paul has to be .. an idiot to think like that. Well, the story may be a little weird, but still. The animation can be great sometimes. Especially for anime watchers like me, who watch anime episodes once in a while an' all. So there.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Inuyasha is boring, how else do you think the manga went for so long? It's not because of some non existent "ground breaking" story, it's because Takahashi can't write endings for crap. She dragged the series too much, the plot hasn't moved in almost two years.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    If a manga isn't profitable, it ends; you should take issue with the legions of people who apparently still enjoy it. I just don't understand why some people believe an anime is inferior if it isn't groundbreaking; I think that it shows a short attention span to want to have every anime over very quickly with the story revealed in overly-rapid progression; it's not a crime to want to enjoy something for the sheer entertainment value -_-

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Hmmm~

The Hellsing anime is love...but the manga is much better. In my opinion of course.

It's lucky that most of the time manga is better than anime...and it's cheaper.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Chairman Kaga said:
    If a manga isn't profitable, it ends; you should take issue with the legions of people who apparently still enjoy it. I just don't understand why some people believe an anime is inferior if it isn't groundbreaking; I think that it shows a short attention span to want to have every anime over very quickly with the story revealed in overly-rapid progression; it's not a crime to want to enjoy something for the sheer entertainment value -_-
    I do find annoyances with Japanese fans of it. They forgot what makes a story good, they almost always go for style over substance. I don't mind normal anime, I love them, I just hate it when people say Inuyasha is so deep and that nothing like it had ever been done before. It's aggravating to see people just write off anything made before the digital animation age just because the animation seems dated or the main characters aren't women with racks bigger than Inuyasha's sword. The reason why most anime today are short is because the animation companies don't believe that people can follow a story (original story, not manga) for more than one year. It sucks to see people would rather take SEED Destiny's ending over Zeta Gundam's, which was more than just fan wanking and actually well written.

Keroro Gunso is great and it's nowhere near ground breaking, and it's nowhere near short. It's got over 90 episodes. It's a funny show, it's story plays out nicely and doesn't hit you over the head with deep plot every other episode. People take it at face value, fans of other shows usually try to make shows something that they aren't. They do it with Wing and it's pseudo politics, they do it with SEED, and they do it with Inuyasha. It's an okay anime, it's the fans that grate me to no end because they want to find something that isn't there.

As for Inuyasha's manga sales, it's been dipping for almost five years, since before the anime even started. The only reason it even runs now is because the person writing it has a lot of credit from her older, better work.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Paul said:
    Hmmm~

The Hellsing anime is love...but the manga is much better. In my opinion of course.

It's lucky that most of the time manga is better than anime...and it's cheaper.
    I take it that you've never played the Hellsing game? And you shouldn't too. They messed it up way too much. And the graphics was not satisfying compared to that of the anime. D=

Jack_Skellington

Don't Mess With Me Fool!!
    Years
    It ended in 2004, but the veeeeeery long manga drags on, and on, and on, and on.....I hope it ends soon, IMO, the Anime was better, but only for a time, because then it got very stupid, for example, some episodes had nothing to do with the plot of the Series at all. IMO, they should have left it at the end with out all the "filler" episodes, but I am still a dedicated fan.....>_>.....

Back