• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Jeff's Art Gallery (Graphic Design)

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
Years
  • Introduction
    I welcome all guys and gals to my Gallery~! My name is Jeff and I bring to you my creations that I have made in Photoshop! That's right, Photoshop! I use existing Photos, Renders, Stock Images, Lighting, C4D, mostly anything that appeals to me, and use it. To me, I mainly use images from "Mainstream Games" and "Anime." Well I think I use it in all my projects. To 'Sword Art Online', to 'pKmN', to 'League of Legends,' anything that inspires me to make something out of them. As for Traditional Art and the rest, I have no clue about them so don't ask~ That mostly sums up what I have to say~ Hope you enjoy the Gallery~

Signatures:
    Signatures are probably the most things I find hardest to make. I need Inspiration to make 1 such as Experiencing such a Fanatic Story, Seeing such oh so good Eye-Candy, or feeling that urge to do this or that~
    As for the size, I don't really make signatures above 200px Height, nor Gif's at all due to it just being a nuisance (to me) being extra page lag.
    Signatures I make are Centered or either Lean to the Right, making them stand out in either position. I also can make certain Words or Images go to a direct Link but that's only for if i'm actually using the Signature.

Stock:

Jeff's Art Gallery (Graphic Design)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[FONT=droid sans"]"There are two kinds of men: the righteous who think they are sinners and the sinners who think they are righteous." -Blaise Pascual[/FONT]
    Congratulation! You have bin crowned a 'Drey Slayer!"

To me, I don't think Avatars are that special. Its quite easy to make to be honest. Just crop a picture to the direct size and boom! Easy! You gots 1! Maybe add a little Effects in here, maybe there~ Ayyy~~~
    All Avatars are 130 x 130px because that is pretty much near the limit size of certain sites. I always work w/ a bigger canvas w/ Avatars and simply just crop it down. I almost never upscale and always have a bigger copy of the shown work. All credit of course goes to their original Artist.

Stock:

Here we have about the same avatars shown, but in 200x200 size.Some look quite well with an increased, but repeatedly, I always work with a bigger canvas.
    Spoiler:

Banners:
    I only quite make Banners whenever a 'Fansubbing' group holds a contest for one, or maybe just when they just need due to them never giving anything in return. Might be a bad deal but see'ing your work whenever you visit the website feels oh so satisfying. All Banners are huge as they intend to draw your attention, making it the 1st thing you look at when visiting the site.

Other:
    Some Photoshop Fun. When I'm quite bored on the inter-webs and nothing else to do I guess.
    Continuing the Theme, some images that I made and such in the program~

Last Words
    Well that's my Gallery~ Hope you enjoyed looking at them masterpieces~
    May you all leave a comment and give me a thumbs up! Hoo-Ahh~!

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I will write a proper review when I get to a computer but I just had to stop in and say how great this art is. Truly phenomenal work here, Fx. I promise I will expand upon this and give a legitimate critique soon!

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • I will write a proper review when I get to a computer but I just had to stop in and say how great this art is. Truly phenomenal work here, Fx. I promise I will expand upon this and give a legitimate critique soon!

Thanx a lot~ N i don't think there the best out there, but I do appreciate the comment~ N feel free to call me Jeff~ (like i put in the 1st line of the thread)
    I'll be looking for out for the review~ ;)

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • These are awesome. The composition and colours of the signatures work really well!
    I really like the bulbagarden one for it's unique shape :3

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • These are awesome. The composition and colours of the signatures work really well!
    I really like the bulbagarden one for it's unique shape :3

Thanks, really appreciate the comment~
    But as of rite now, im kinda hiatus w/ photoshop, but I still use it once in a while. Kinda busy w/ online contests and other concerns~ Still the Holiday Season for some people~ :P
    But 1 thing is for sure, and is that I can tell you that you can definitely look forward to this thread as I will continue to update through out the year~
    My very own Graphic Gallery, 1 year in the making~ BEAUTIFUL! welp, that's all i got's to say. Stay Frosty Friend~
    December 18, 2014 - December 18, 2015. Definitely going to make that happen!

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • Thanks, really appreciate the comment~
    But as of rite now, im kinda hiatus w/ photoshop, but I still use it once in a while. Kinda busy w/ online contests and other concerns~ Still the Holiday Season for some people~ :P
    But 1 thing is for sure, and is that I can tell you that you can definitely look forward to this thread as I will continue to update through out the year~
    My very own Graphic Gallery, 1 year in the making~ BEAUTIFUL! welp, that's all i got's to say. Stay Frosty Friend~
    December 18, 2014 - December 18, 2015. Definitely going to make that happen!

I look forward to seeing your new work this year! :D
    I always liked signature banners, I'm a bit naff at them myself so it's really inspiring/enjoyable to look at them.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I love the amount of effects you implement, and how they don't seem to make the signatures cluttered at all. And you have some really cool ideas, like this one:

Although my favorite is probably below, simple, with nice depth and colors:

Keep it up! Hope to see more, some really cool stuff here.

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • I love the amount of effects you implement, and how they don't seem to make the signatures cluttered at all. And you have some really cool ideas, like this one:

Although my favorite is probably below, simple, with nice depth and colors:

Keep it up! Hope to see more, some really cool stuff here.

Yes! some 1 gets the Pun!
    Thanx a lot. The 1st pic is just something i tried to copy from thee anime and the second is all orginal~
    I absolutely appreciate the comments~ and of course, Definitely~

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • January Update

Signatures: +0
    Banners: +1
    Other: +0

Personal Note:
    January flew by quite fast for me and that's no exaggeration. Holidays contest rolled over and a must for me to enter those. Furthermore, near the end of the month, I was surprised that I was announced a winner and won a copy of Alpha Sapphire. Woo~! Lol, were am I going w/ this ain't story time, this is 'Art & Design'
    As for my Emporium, I could sadly say nothing quite new has bin done. No new techniques nor nothing new I cud think of. I used Photoshop more as mindless fun rather than jaw-dropping spectaculars. like wat i did there ^.^ Hopefully next month's update will bring much more delight in more than a few designs. That pretty much wraps up my January, and If your reading this Future Jeff, turn this gallery into something your proud of~ Till then, keep movin' onward~
    Completetion: 1/12 The Dream: 12/12

Banners:

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • February Update

Signatures: +2
    Banners: +0
    Other: +1

Personal Note:
    Name Change From: "The Effect Emproium", To: "The Anime Affected Emporium"
    A day Early on the update. So continuing my dream of becoming a Graphic Designer, another upload appears. A few uploads once more due to me not having that inspiration I once had. A peak of when you 1st make such masterpieces~ Story Time~ So this February of 2015, I challenged my Friend to a Signature Contest. We chatted with each other and discovered that he also too uses Photoshop and/is a Graphic Designer. So of course, I just have to challenge him~ The End~..... I honestly don't know what to put here~ So instead i'll put a happy Face~ :)
    Completetion: 2/12 holy shiz its happening

Signatures:

Other:

Future Update Check List:
    -Fix Signatures w/ whole Pcitures
    -Add CSS Coding / New Layout
    -Work on English

Last edited:

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • November Update

Other: +1

Personal Note:
    Name Change From: "The Anime Affected Emporium", To: "Jeff's Art Gallery, Continuing the Dream (Graphic Design)"
    It's bin about 9 months since I last saw this Gallery. All the Nostalgia and feels coming through me. "Wow, I did all this. All the Blood, Sweat, Tears, and the Arthritis I had to endure." Nothing but a Smile coming out of me.
    Today, I continue the Dream. Sadly, I don't have much to add. Making Designs was always a Hobby of mine to begin w/ and will always be. I just happen to be inspired by something I say~ I don't know when the next update will be, but I always have something to keep me going, bringing me a grin every time I look at it. Keep Moving Forward Friend Jeff~

Completetion: 3/12

Other:

-Learn CSS Coding and make a new Layout w/ it
    -Work on English
    -Make more Signatures
    -12 Updates

xFataLx

Dreaming oV a Dead Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    Your avatars are pretty good. Need to work on depth on your sigs and also blending in the render with the back ground. You can do that by putting effects on top of the render such as a c4d or some brush effects. Doing that also creates more depth as well. Hope to see more work from you soon.

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • Your avatars are pretty good. Need to work on depth on your sigs and also blending in the render with the back ground. You can do that by putting effects on top of the render such as a c4d or some brush effects. Doing that also creates more depth as well. Hope to see more work from you soon.

Totally agree. I've always had trouble creating depth and blending the render. I always took the easy route whenever I try the technique. I always quit whenever it starts looking nice
    And I have to say your gallery isn't that bad too. Thats how you blend and create Depth. I gatta say i favor some of them, but not all!
    Thanx, and I say the same to you~

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Hey Jeff, thought I'd pop by and give you some c+c on your icons :-D

Overall, I like what I see. Your coloring is great, and there are a bunch of gems here. Most notably these:

Itachi icon has great depth; I really like the colors of the second; the third has very nice shadows; and finally, the Naoto icon is pretty ****ing nice in every way.
    There's also the fact that I love Naoto, so yeah.

But really, your close crops in general are very good.... but that's is also your downfall at times, ironically. You seem to use the close crop as a default lately, and you lack variety in your cropping/image placement as a result. As a whole, your wall of icons is somewhat redundant, with some icons looking very similar to the one next to it.

In the OP, you did mention that you think avatars are very easy to make, which is probably the result of your seemingly "one size fits all" treatment of them.
    Don't get me wrong, though; they look good regardless, and I don't exactly recommend that everyone change their icon style. It's because icons are what the graphic designer makes of them; they can be either simplistic or complicated, depending on what you want to do/achieve with it. So if you want to go down the more complicated route, I'd suggest working on creating more depth with them, and being more experimental with effects and crops (especially crops).

I'm a fan of your work now, though! I like the stuff you've got here so far, banners included. Will definitely keep an eye out for more updates from you ;-]

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • Hey Jeff, thought I'd pop by and give you some c+c on your icons :-D

Overall, I like what I see. Your coloring is great, and there are a bunch of gems here. Most notably these:

Itachi icon has great depth; I really like the colors of the second; the third has very nice shadows; and finally, the Naoto icon is pretty ****ing nice in every way.
    There's also the fact that I love Naoto, so yeah.

But really, your close crops in general are very good.... but that's is also your downfall at times, ironically. You seem to use the close crop as a default lately, and you lack variety in your cropping/image placement as a result. As a whole, your wall of icons is somewhat redundant, with some icons looking very similar to the one next to it.

In the OP, you did mention that you think avatars are very easy to make, which is probably the result of your seemingly "one size fits all" treatment of them.
    Don't get me wrong, though; they look good regardless, and I don't exactly recommend that everyone change their icon style. It's because icons are what the graphic designer makes of them; they can be either simplistic or complicated, depending on what you want to do/achieve with it. So if you want to go down the more complicated route, I'd suggest working on creating more depth with them, and being more experimental with effects and crops (especially crops).

I'm a fan of your work now, though! I like the stuff you've got here so far, banners included. Will definitely keep an eye out for more updates from you ;-]

Mmmm....think imma stick w/ the simplistic look~ There's just not much to do w/ a canvas that's small, that's why. Simple Cropping is all it takes I say~! ヘ(◕。◕ヘ) But i'll definitely take notes tho on that~
    The the accursed 'Depth' word again! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Here's the Naoto pic~ https://i.imgur.com/XZBiE4f.jpg
    and quite pleased to hear that ^.^

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    These are great! They're really crisp and clean, with some great pieces of art used. I especially love these two from your older stuff:

The new avatars look great too. They simple clean cropped style really works, although it's a bit repetitive.

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
    Years
  • December Update

Other: +3

Personal Note:
    • Added 200x200 repeated icons
    Well 1st I just gatta say 1 year anniversary, on the dot!! Woooo!! \( ゚ヮ゚)/ 12 updates still the Dream tho! Continuing the thread, nothing much but oh hey, an update. For this December one, I focused on depth, or atleast tried too. I used the same technique repeatedly on the subjects and i think they came out ok. Nothing much to say in my opinion. Always taking the chill and relax way around the art gallery. Never rushing, listening to that nice and clean background music~ Delicious! Makes me wonder, perhaps one day i'll have a huge update. One day~

Completetion: 4/12

Other:

-Learn CSS Coding and make a new Layout w/ it <<<<<<---------------- Do it!
    -Work on English
    -Make more Signatures
    -12 Updates

Last edited:

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • WHOA. Very nice signatures, Jeff! I love every single one of them :-o
    Your text placement has gotten so much better, and the colors look amazing. Individually, they're so eyecatching.
    In fact, I would love to use the Shura Kirigakure tag in my signature one day, if that's fine with you, haha. I wonder what your policy is on using your graphics, actually! I'd understand if you didn't want anybody to use them, but if not, I am totally using that Shura sig in the future... with credit, of course.

Good luck with your update check list, by the way. Excited to see what the layout you come up with will look like once you learn more CSS ;-]

Back