• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Jigglypuff in Pewter

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Is this a translation error...?

Talk to the Jigglypuff in the Pewter City Pokemon center, and you get it to sing. But then, what it sings is "Pu" as if it's Purin, its japanese name. Is this some minor things that they messup in translating?

*blink eyes innocently for raising stupid questions*

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    so the are errors on everything,you could have put this in the gltch thread,it would have fit better there.and hes a mod.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    AdamHays said:
    so the are errors on everything,you could have put this in the gltch thread,it would have fit better there.and hes a mod.

Thats not a Glitch! Thants an translation error ^^;
    And I think frosty found out a cool error XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    It's like all those time when they mix up Pidgeotto and Pidgeot, Poliwhirl with Poliwrath, and so on. The anime also messed up in terms of forgetting to do translating and left one cameo Pokemon saying the japanese cry instead ^^

The fact is that it's not a glitch, as the programmers made it this way. It's intended to be. Yet it is a translation error regarding Purin and Jigglypuff, and all diehard fans of anything related to Japan always keep an eye out for things like this. =)

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I don't think it's like that at all. :\ It's possible he could be saying Pu Pu as in Puff Puff. They don't have to say it all to say something. besides, there have been plenty of instances of pokemon word bubbles no where containing their names, despite the anime saying that that is all they can say.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Yeah I believe an Igglybuff in G/S/C also said "pu" or I'm daydreaming or something. Usually when you talk to Pokemon they still say their Japanese names or weird sounds.

At least you don't fall asleep and it draws all over your face...

Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
    Lol, I've always wondered if the game pokemon did say their name, but the game memory didn't have enough for them to say it, so they just made up really weird noises instead.
    That's a cool 'easter egg'!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Shadow said:
    Yeah I believe an Igglybuff in G/S/C also said "pu" or I'm daydreaming or something. Usually when you talk to Pokemon they still say their Japanese names or weird sounds.

At least you don't fall asleep and it draws all over your face...
    At the same time, we also have Igglypuff's name being Pupurin =)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    *confused*

When does the anime ever confuse one Pokemon with another? I've never noticed before...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    demonchaos916 said:
    *confused*

When does the anime ever confuse one Pokemon with another? I've never noticed before...
    someone hasn't watch a lot of the anime then... O.o; Poliwag family is confused with one another tons of times. Pidgey family (especially Pidgeot) always mess up. Growlithe and Arcanine does get that once too it seems. The anime messes up quite a bit.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Err... I'm *very* sure that this will happen in your game. It's just talking to the Jigglypuff within Pewter city Pokemon Center and it'll say something like "Pu pu" and so on... that's all that will happen.

I'm just talking about how that's like mistranslated, saying Purin's name instead.

Years
    • Age 31
    • auz
    • Seen Sep 17, 2004
    hey in the movie the 1st one how that person has a pidgeot he says go pidgys second level name yeah no i see it

Last edited:

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I believe the Pok?mon in Colosseum do this too—say their Japanese name for a sound. Not entirely sure, but I seem to recall something like that.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    I don't know about Colosseum, but for FRLG... I've confirmed that...

This is NOT an Easter Egg, but intended to be this way. I reached Vermillion City with my Clefairy and Blastoise now, and in the Pokemon fanclub the Seel there says some gibberish that's not "seel" or "Pauwau" either... it's just some poor pinyin attempt to describe their voice within the game.

However, Pikachu does say "Pikachu" instead of a poor pinyin of its voice in the game... how biased >>;

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I thought the same thing when I saw the Jigglypuff. It sort of surprised me that I could remember its Japanese name. =\ But speaking of that Jigglypuff... it's scary. :< Its eyes take up half its head. <_<

I wish they'd take out that stupid help guide and use its space for proper cries or something... like how Pikachu would say its name in Yellow when you spoke to it. =o That'd make it so much better.

Back