• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto Journey Journal - Share Your HG/SS Travelling Stories‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Just evolved my Eevee <3<3 into an Espeon... should I have an Espeon or Umbreon, guys? I like Umbreon, and Red already has an Espeon... aahhh I dunno. But my stupid Eevee evolved at level 32 so I'm pretty angry. >:0

I WANT AN UMBREON THOUGH.

Damn, I'm so torn. Which one is more common? Doesn't Will have an Espeon? So Will, Kimono Girl and Red have Espeons... while only Karen and other Kimono Girl have Umbreons, right?

So Umbreon is less common? SOMEONE HELP ME OUT PLZ I'M DYING I'M DYYIIINGG /exaggerating situation.

Should I just flip a coin or something. :/ I sure miss that Coin App from D/P/Pt.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    *ENG HACK ROM HEARTGOLD*
    I just beat Faulkner with a feisty combiation. It was Cyndaquil, Pidgey and Mareep.
    Thats all. I'll be updating this post.

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    i'm trying to wake up the snorlax i have done everything i would do if i was playing g/s

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    - - - - - - - - -
    General Info
    - - - - - - - - -
    Johto Journey Journal - Share Your HG/SS Travelling Stories‎

Name : Gold
    Acquired Pokemon : 9
    Badges : 4

- - - - - - - - -
    Team
    - - - - - - - - -

Bayleef (Judai) Lv 25
    Nature : Hardy
    - Magical Leaf
    - Heatbutt
    - Synthesis
    - Reflect

Pidgeotto Lv 25
    Nature : Naive
    - Quick Attack
    - Gust
    - U-Turn
    - Sand-Attack

Kadabra Lv 24
    Nature : Calm
    - Teleport
    - Shadow Ball
    - Disable
    - PsyBeam

- - - - - - - - -
    Entry
    - - - - - - - - -
    I saved right before the Sudowood(before I restocked PokeBalls) and I watered it. Furious, it attacked me and after my poor Bayleef got a beating from it I caught it with a Great Ball. Here is a screenshot.

Anyways moving on to the next town I did two double battles and arrived in the next town. I deposited Sudowoodo in the PC since I don't like it >=]

I headed over to the Burning Tower and found Silver nest to the stairs. I battled him. His team was :

I defeat him easily, my Kadabra destroys his Zubat and Gastly, I use Bayleef to take out his Magnemite and Quilava was a pain but Pidgeotto and Kadabra took him down. I head down the stairs and find the legendary dogs who scurry off as I go near them. I go back up the stairs and head to the gym. I just breeze through all the Gastly and Haunter with Kadabra. Now I reach Morty and battle him.
    Vs

I wipe out his Haunter and Gastly with Kadabra, Gengar comes in and I know it's faster and I go to Pidgeotto who is immune to Shadow Ball. I then kept using Gust and recovered with Super Potions when necessary. Though it took ages I smashed his Gengar eventually. Then I killed off his other Haunter with Kadabra. He was actually really easy to be honest.

I grabbed the badge and took TM30(Shadow Ball) and taught it to Kadabra.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just beaten Lt.Surge, in the Saffron gym making my way towards Sabrina

My Team:

Tyhplosion Lv46 --- Now Level 50 ---
    Victreebel Lv45
    Slowbro Lv47
    Noctowl Lv45 --- Now Level 46 ---
    Electrode Lv45 --- Now Level 46
    Sandslash Lv49 --- Now Level 50 ---

Edit: Lost to Sabrina, battling the trainers in route 25 to gain some experience

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Challenged Sabrina after a bit of training on Route 25 and lost again, i decided to challenge the other gyms first and do Sabrina's gym after a lot of training, just beat Misty and am going to heal my pokemon and head through the rock tunnel (if it doesn't need flash, cant be bothered to waste the move on one of my pokemon or leave one in the pc while i use a hm slave), probably going to challenge Erika next

My Team:

Typhlosion Lv52
    Victreebel Lv54
    Slowbro Lv52
    Noctowl Lv52
    Electrode Lv54
    Sandslash Lv52

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I'm level-grinding outside of Violet City so that I don't have to grind as much later. I want to get all of my Pokemon to their second form, and right now I have
    Furret lvl 15
    Shiny Croconaw lvl 18
    Mareep lvl 14
    Hoppip lvl 16

So I'm pretty close :). Once I have Skiploom and Flaaffy, I'll be moving on and going through the Union Cave to Azalea.

Idiomorph

Pokémon Geneticist
    Years
    Just traded everyone over from Platinum and swept Red with my trusty L100 Gardevoir, which was actually surprisingly difficult. Party received shiny ribbons for it! Going after the legendaries now; currently attempting to capture a good Modest Articuno down in Seafoam Islands by soft-resetting with a Synchronize Ralts and a Master Ball.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Just defeated Clair and I'm back in New Bark Town. For some reason Hibiki/Gold won't let me surf at the back of New Bark Town... what now. Jeez.

Team:
    Feraligatr (PHIFE, level 41)
    Umbreon (level 33)
    Pidgeot (BOWIE, level 37)
    Sudowoodo (HB/2, level 32)
    Ampharos (FLUFF, level 36)
    Geodude (SLAVE, level 2)

How did I beat Clair, you ask?

I winged it.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just defeated Clair and I'm back in New Bark Town. For some reason Hibiki/Gold won't let me surf at the back of New Bark Town... what now. Jeez.

Team:
    Feraligatr (PHIFE, level 41)
    Umbreon (level 33)
    Pidgeot (BOWIE, level 37)
    Sudowoodo (HB/2, level 32)
    Ampharos (FLUFF, level 36)
    Geodude (SLAVE, level 2)

How did I beat Clair, you ask?

I winged it.

You have to go defeat the Kimono girls in Ecruteak City, then catch the legendary of your game (Ho-oh in HG / Lugia in SS)

Anyway, just defeated Janine in Fuschia City, going to heal then make my way to Celadon City for a battle with Erika.

My Team:

Tyhplosion Lv56
    Victreebel Lv54
    Slowbro Lv55
    Noctowl Lv55
    Electrode Lv55
    Sandslash Lv54

Last edited:

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    You have to go defeat the Kimono girls in Ecruteak City, then catch the legendary of your game (Ho-oh in HG / Lugia in SS)

lolyeah, just figured that out. On the third floor of the Tin Tower (or wherever you find Ho-oh). Why do I not remember this from Gold?

I KO'd Ho-oh in Gold because I got fed up with it. lol

EDIT: Great, I got Ho-oh to the point where it used Struggle and it KO'd itself. Why must you be so weak, Ho-oh?

New strategy: paralyze it somehow, get it to use up all it's fire moves and depend on Extrasensory, send Umbreon out. :D Great. Except I know I'll mess up somehow.

EDIT: Caught Ho-oh. Only took two tries and an hour. Wao. 16 Ultra Balls left. Nice.

Now I'm off to catch Entei or Raikou. I'mma compare Entei to Ho-oh. Which one is better?

But first... I need a Heart Scale. Sheesh. ;D; WHERE DO YOU GET A FREE HEART SCALE WITHOUT RELYING ON ROCK SMASHING AND WASTING TIME AT THE POKETHLON IN THIS GAAAMMEEE

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Made my way to Celadon City, defeated Erika, healed my pokemon, flew to Pewter City and defeated Brock, going back to Saffron City to try have another attempt at defeating Sabrina, if i lose i will go battle Blaine then go back to her

My Team:

Typhlosion Lv57
    Victreebel Lv57
    Slowbro Lv56
    Noctowl Lv57
    Electrode Lv55
    Sandslash Lv55

Edit: Defeated Sabrina at last, no changes in team, Typhlosion gained a level, that was it, going back to Pallet Town to surf to Cinnibar to talk to Green, then i'll be heading across to Seafoam islands to battle Blaine

Last edited:

Frozen King Prawns

Forget Rollout. NOW! Grrr.
    Years
    After beating Jasmine -

Buttr (Sunflora) -Level 28
    Simon (Xatu) - Level 25
    Kris (Flaaffy) - Level 25
    Mouse (Raticate) - Level 25
    Chix? (Bayleef) - Level 28
    Sue (Sudowoodo) - Level 22

I'm sorta uber underlevelled. xD

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Defeated Blaine, then Gary in his gym, bought a Focus Blast Tm from the Goldenrod Department Store then took the magnet train to Saffron, flew to Celadon City and finally obtained the GB Player, Also spoke to Prof. Oak after beating Gary and obtained HM08 Rock Climb, at the Indigo Plateau with the classic music playing, going to challenge the Elite 4 before they increase their levels and for some training for Red, i hope i reach the champion, i want to hear the classic champion music, i also bought 50 Hyper Potions, 28 Revives (to make a total of 50) and 17 Full Heals (again to make 50).

My Team:

Typhlosion Lv58
    Victreebel Lv58
    Slowbro Lv58
    Noctowl Lv58
    Electrode Lv59
    Sandslash Lv57

Edit: It looks like i'm not going to make it far, their level's have increased, according to Serebii it was after Red is defeated that ther level's increase, oh well, it will make good training anyway

Last edited:
    Years
    Keep in mind i trained like mad.

I just got out of Victory Road.
    Typhlosion Lvl 52
    Dragonite Lvl 57
    Tyranitar Lvl 56
    Red Gyrados Lvl 52
    Ampharos Lvl 52
    Scizor Lvl 53 (I cheated to get this since you can't trade through roms can you >_<. But i got it at a low level to be fair.)

Years
    spent 126 ultraballs then a masterball to catch ho-oh. (soft resetted cus didn't wanna waste ultraballs, and now i guess i'll have to get mewtwo without it :()

see sig for party pokemon

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Lost to the elite 4 (Karen), making my way through Mt.Silver to challenge Red

My Team:

Typhlosion Lv59
    Victreebel Lv59
    Slowbro Lv61
    Noctowl Lv58
    Electrode Lv60
    Sandslash Lv59

Update: Finally reached Red, saved beforehand incase i start to lose badly (e.g. sending out wrong pokemon), i'm making sure the GB Player is on for this battle

Update 2: Lost to Red, Pikachu was OHKOed by Earthquake, his stupid Lapras wiped out my entire team apart from Slowbro, Slowbro finally managed to knock out Lapras, Venusaur was sent out, i used a revive on Typhlosion, Slowbro fainted, i sent out Typhlosion, used a hyper potion, then Venusaur used Sludge bomb lowering it's health to under half, i tried to use Eruption but i got knocked out by Sludge bomb, i'm going to look on the gts to see if there are any decent pokemon on there

Last edited:

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    On the way back to Radio tower to take out the final rockets.
    Team: Typhlosion: Lv.55;
    Gyarados(Shiny):
    Lv.30; Sudowoodo: Lv.21:
    Pidgey: Lv. 5
    Not balanced, I know. But I'm making threw with no hassle.

Edit: Scratch that. Little brother hit the reset button. Back to fighting rockets. -_-;

Last edited:

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    In clair's gym working my way through trainers:
    Feraligatr lvl 35
    Pidgeotto lvl 35
    Weepinbell lvl 35
    miltank level 35
    red gyarados lvl 35.

I know pretty weak :s hope i'm gonna be able to beat Clair

BIG UPDATE: trained a little, but the most important thing is that i boxed weepinbell because i can't evolve it, i caught a ghastly and gave it mean look and hypnosis, then i caught Entei and i will soon catch raikou my team will be:
    Feraligatr
    Pidgeot
    Miltank
    Gyarados
    Raikou
    Entei

When ho-ho will be available i'll catch it and use it instead of pidgeot

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back