• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto-Kanto's Underground?

Will there be a new Underground?

• Yep

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • It's the same for me...

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • They're useless in Johto

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think so, why else would the vents be there in the pic?
    It would be a great place to find fossils ;D

It is said that it could possible be lights or something along that lines rather than vents. Though, being bale to go digging underground would be great in the GS remake, and it wouldn't at all take away much originality from the originals either.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    A new Underground might be okay. I my Diamond Version, I probably spent 2 to 5 hours total in the Underground. But when I got my Platinum, I didn't reallty care. Maybe with a new layout, it would be okay.

O o
    /¯/___________________________ _\
    | IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAR, BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
    \_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

Years
    I support a new Underground, mainly because it's a great time killer and the items are an awesome bonus. Then again, there's already so much expected out of these remakes that it could feel that Nintendo's just adding things at their leisure and not for any real enhancement.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2009
    I honestly can't believe I missed that. Although the underground was passable for me, that's one more feature confirmed!

Years
    Those look more like fence posts or lights. They're much more slender than the Sinnoh vents.

If there is an Underground, it couldn't possibly be compatible with Sinnoh's Underground, because it's in an entirely different location. For this reason, I'd rather they invent a brand new way for us to get Fossils, other items, and to build Secret Bases.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they add in the underground, I'm pretty sure Pokémon might forget the fact that it is two different or three different regions and still have it WiFi compatible.

I read all the comments and I reconsidered that they could be another thing, to bring light in nights, maybe, but they have the same color and are similar.

Also maybe there's not such thing as the underground like in Sinnoh, but something like the "underground" in Goldernrod, that would be a little dissapointing...

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Eh.. I'm not big on the underground thing. Just didn't appeal to me. I would prefer it way more if they added in R/S/E secret bases.

Years
    R/S/E secret bases
    That would require adding those notches to cliffs everywhere, which would be an eyesore in the Johto region. (As would the existence of giant Pokéradar patches for that matter.)

I'd prefer a system like this:
    You decorate your bedroom as if it were a Secret Base. The Trainer House in Viridian gets a redesign. It has an upstairs which contains a hallway and several rooms. (It would be called a hotel for visiting trainers or something like that.) Inside each of these rooms are the decorated bedrooms of other players you've mixed records with. In each room is an NPC version of the player you can battle with once each day.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they do decide on adding the Underground, I doubt the tiles might be much different because they are the same ones used in DPPt...

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    That would require adding those notches to cliffs everywhere, which would be an eyesore in the Johto region. (As would the existence of giant Pokéradar patches for that matter.)

I'd prefer a system like this:
    You decorate your bedroom as if it were a Secret Base. The Trainer House in Viridian gets a redesign. It has an upstairs which contains a hallway and several rooms. (It would be called a hotel for visiting trainers or something like that.) Inside each of these rooms are the decorated bedrooms of other players you've mixed records with. In each room is an NPC version of the player you can battle with once each day.

Ya, I mean the idea of R/S/E. And your idea isn't too bad. That could work. Or you could have a house post game (like in platinum) that other people could come to via wifi.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    lol they maybe but the potential for an underground is there they demonstrated they can do underground just multiply it by 2 for Johto and Kanto wouldn't be much more difficult than before

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I did a little comparison here, just for the heck of it...
    (Reference: Marriland's videos and the picture on the first page.)

Johto-Kanto's Underground?

Note: I know the quality sucks, forgive me.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It does look similar, and watching the light posts they had in Platinum, I'm sure they could have done the same to the remake if they were light posts. It just may be the underground, but I'm sure either next month's or when we come closer and closer to Fall, will we get the answer and to whether the Underground may be changed up or not.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I find it cool but we dont know if it really Is Taking us underground,We are not sure we have to wait and see..

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I say the next CoroCoro scans coming in June will tell whether or not they added in the Underground feature. If not, then either they didn't do it, or they just haven't let the news out as yet...

Back