• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto-Kanto's Underground?

Will there be a new Underground?

• Yep

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 30 46.9%
  • It's the same for me...

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • They're useless in Johto

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It could just be possible they keep underground out of Johto, to stay more focused on the storyline and introduce it to Kanto, just to boost it up a bit.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't mind the underground again, but then we're also getting more of sinnoh into the Johto?

I did a little comparison here, just for the heck of it...
    (Reference: Marriland's videos and the picture on the first page.)

Johto-Kanto's Underground?

Note: I know the quality sucks, forgive me.
    I have a better picture of that I recently took from my PC.
    Johto-Kanto's Underground?

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Regardelss of how clear the pic is, I still think there is a possibility for the Underground to be used in the remake.

Now that I can se both of the pictures clearly, the ones in Sinnoh are bigger, and the ones in Johto don't have that form. It's like a rectangle, and in Sinnoh it has a more complex shape.

Maybe they're doing an underground, like the one in Goldenrod, with merchants and all, not the underground we know in D/P/Pt.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If there were to be an underground, I'm sure we would hear of it by next month or so. For now, it is still at the edge for me.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If the remake is going to put the Kanto in the Johto, then I think it would be pretty cool to have the underground in the Kanto part. If not then I wouldn't mind having it in the Johto either.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^If they put the underground in, it'll be pretty likely they make it allowed in both regions. I mean if they can allow us to dig through bricked roads, then why only keep us underground for one region and not the other?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    The underground would be a nice place to train if it had trainers.. etc
    I don't really mind either way.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    The underground would be a nice place to train if it had trainers.. etc
    I don't really mind either way.

That would be pretty cool. You wouldn't be wasting your time on only playing around, but you can train there as well. I find that would be very useful.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Actually the battling idea is pretty cool for the Underground, except if they did it, it would be in the next Gen, simply because seeing the game is compatible with DPPt, which does not have trainers in their Underground.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    That would be pretty cool. You wouldn't be wasting your time on only playing around, but you can train there as well. I find that would be very useful.
    I think Adding Digletss and Dugtrio as wild pokemon in the underground would be usefull,Beside Digletts are Digging pokemon.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That would be cool if they added some Diglett and Dugtrio OW sprites, but it would still cause problems between DPPt's compatability with the game sadly.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think Adding Digletss and Dugtrio as wild pokemon in the underground would be usefull,Beside Digletts are Digging pokemon.

That would be a pretty cool add-on to have. The Digletts and Dugtrio would also be a cool add-on if they could sort of steal your spheres that you buried and you would have to battle them in order to get it back or something like that. Anyways the Digletts and Dugtrios would be a cool add-on to the underground if they have one to gain exp. points.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The Digletts woul dbe cool as OW Sprites, but I really wouldn't like battling them in the Underground; trainers would be good enough.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yeah, sometimes they could get annoying.

Trainers would be awesome to battle underground, most likely they would have ground type pokemon.

Back