• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journal or Diary

Journal or Diary?

• Journal

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Diary

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Shhhh...its a secret.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Not a chance

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
Years
  • Do you keep a journal or diary of your life, I just started one about a year ago and now I am putting more and more enteries into it...

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    It would be fun to keep a journal, if only Naminé's life is slightly more interesting and less dull. The main factor why she doesn't have one yet is probably the lack of personal privacy in her house. If only she can keep something without her mother digging it out, Naminé will like to write a journal.

Guess that Naminé will pick journal for the poll then~

Last edited:

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Over the years I have tried to keep a diary or journal, but was never sucessful in keeping it for more than a week .__.;

But now I have an online journal...And I have been able to keeo it for awhile ;D

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • I prefer a journal. Why. Mallory Pike from the Baby-Sitters Club (my favorite book series ever) clearly states the reason. And she also explains what the differences are between a journal and a diary.
    "The difference between a journal and a diary, as far as I can tell, is that a diary is a recording of daily events and you're supposed to write in it every day." Here I use my own example of a diary entry for let's say.. spring break
    Got up. Ate breakfast, poptarts. Went to Pokecommunity. Posted at threads. Did some new art. Watched tv. Went to Pokesho. Had Subway for lunch. Read. Surfed the net. Watched more tv. Cleaned room. Ate dinner. Went to bed
    Mallory goes on "Pretty dull, huh? But a journal entry would be much more deep and sensitive and interesting. Also, I dont write in my journal every day, just whenever I feel like it."
    One of the reasons I love the Baby-Sitters Club.
    And if you wanna know what book that quote was from, it was "Mallory and the Mystery Diary".
    I actually have my journals from when I was in the 5th grade. I dont do them in spiral notebooks anymore though, I do them on wordpad documents on my laptop.

Crystal Clair does good, indepth posts when she wants to

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    As you can see, I'm using a Livejournal.

However, lately, I haven't been able to get on the computer as often so I also keep
    a personal diary. The great thing about it is that I can just write whatever, whenever.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • I don't have one. Neither one. Still, I do have what you say a art journal which we do our homework and whatever we want with it. It like a journal because we can but what ever we want in related to art. I even write in mines to make it look crazy and stuff. Isn't that what you do with a journal anyways?

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
  • Nah I personally think it is a waste of time IMO but I use to have a journal but barely wrote in it,and I have never even looked at a blog before ^_^;

Years
  • I could never keep a paper journal (that's the only one that I've kept). Journals are better than diaries, they aren't as private.^^;

However, I do have a Livejournal ;D

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
  • I don't have neither .__.; So sad..

I usually go to my Greatestjournal to write down daily events,so I treat it more as a diary...so heh,my vote goes for diary.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I kept a diary when I was 5, at the suggestion of my teacher at school. I've tried to pick it up again, but I don't have the motivation. Nowadays I have my LiveJournal though, and I update that every day. *addict*

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • [Font="Trebuchet MS]Mari ish a bit way too lazy to keep a journal//diary. 83~ And beside, the way I see it, if something really weird//cool//rare happened on a particular day, I would always remember it. Otherwise, it wouldn't be something worth keeping track of, I guess. o.O;

Oh, but when something super~duperly extra-special happens, I'd usually draw a mini manga~ish like thingie for it... I don't know know what to call it, but anyway, it's really fun to do. X33;[/Font]

Back