• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journey into the Beyond [New Frontiers redone]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    OOC| I was beginning to feel a bit worried there =o

IC| The boy groaned, stumbling up onto his feet. He turned to face Emerl, still shaking. His fall had winded him.
    "I'm..." he paused, not entirely sure which name he should use. "Ben." he answered defiantly, after a long pause. After all, Ben was his /real/ name and it was about time he got used to using it.

The tauros shot one glance at the heracross and snorted, ["Yoda you are, don't you mean."] He gave the heracross a sheepish tauros-grin, and collapsed onto his haunches. ["Got any water around here?"] he asked.

The flareon lowered her head as the heracross moved forward, and with obvious effort, flared up her mane again. ["Festival. I'm Festival, he's Roam."] she replied sharply, and took a step back to stand beside her trainer.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "Are you sure about that?" Emerl replied, arching an eyebrow, "Very well then, I am Emerl Amarant. Pleased to meet you." he extended his right hand for the boy to shake, giving him a polite smile, although his gaze seemed appraising at the moment "Might I ask what you're up to, charging about like that on this eve?"

"[Huh?]" Heracross scratched his head in confusion at the Tauros' comment, not getting the joke he continued to listen, "[Water, eh? Hang on...]" the Heracross ran about in frantic search of the afforementioned liquid.

Blaziken gave an amused chuckle at the bug pok?mon's efforts, "[Excuse me for a moment, Festival.]" he said after a while, gesturing for Aggron to come over. It was time for the old water trick.

The two pok?mon stood face to face in front of Roam for a moment, coordinating their moves. Then, in perfect tandem, they both fired their punches, Blaziken's fist wreathed in flames while Aggron's was surrounded by a biting cold. As the two elemental attacks collided a healthy amount of fresh water appeared between the two pok?mon, who both retreated before it hit them, and filled a small hole in the ground, creating a makeshift pond of sorts.

"[Now then.]" Blaziken replied, turning back to the Flareon "[I am simply known as Blaziken.]" he gave the exhausted Flareon a critical look "[And you could do with some re-energizing, hang on."]

Flames wreathed around the fowl pok?mon's wrists once more, but this time he unleashed them at the Flareon without the fists actually making contact, the other fire pok?mon absorbing the heat and regaining a bit of its energy.

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Ben laughed. "Emerl, I'm definetly sure my name is Ben. At least now, anyway." Ben shook his hand, feeling incredibly self-concious. "I'm looking for my Mum... well, not for her, she's...kinda... dead... But for all the things she left behind." he paused, feeling uncomfortable. It seemed soppy, searching for a dead parent's last legacy, but to Ben it was important.

Roam stamped his hoof on the ground, ["Here here, good job!"] he called, in his low, gruff voice, and began to drink rapidly. In less than a minute the hole was empty, and Roam was licking his licks. ["Nice try, mates. But next time, remember, you're catering for me."] He laughed again.

Festival gave a rare smile of relief. ["Thanks..."] she whispered, before glancing up at Roam. ["I guess we'll stop here for a bit?"] she asked him tentatively. Roam didn't answer - he was too busy laughing to answer.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "So, in a way you're searching for what remains of your family, no?" Emerl asked "And no need to be embarassed about it." he added, noticing the boy's expression "Until recently, I have been on a similar quest as well." he shrugged "I just don't find it so essential anymore. But let me say this; You should treat your pok?mon more carefully." he eyed the Tauros and the Flareon critically, both still seemed to be in a pretty bad condition. "Wearing them out like that will hinder your progress in the long run."

Blaziken rolled his eyes, noticing the maternal spark that lit up in Aggron's eyes. Oh, you'll be catered for allright. he thought for himself, taking a bit of distance as the Steel pok?mon began to fuss over the condition of Roam's pelt and general treating him like a baby.

"[You're welcome.]" he replied to Festival "[And staying here with us for the night would seem prudent."] Blaziken added thoughtfully "[None of you seem to be in a condition for travel at the moment.]"

Heracross smiled at the scene tha Aggron was causing around Roam. The Steel pok?mon was on one of her mothering urges again and there was nothing to do about it except to grin and bear it. "[Yes, please stay!]" he called out enthusisatically, walking over to the Flareon and leaving the two others to their own devices "[It's always more fun with more people.]"

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Ben sighed. "It's pretty major for me. I never met her, she died when I was a baby... and everyone's pretty angry at her for running away and spending most of her life out here in the wilderness." He bent down to scratch Festival behind the ears. She leant in towards him, purring with content. "I know... I shouldn't have pushed them so hard. We were tying to get away form something, though..." he shot a glance over his shoulder, "and I think we succeeded.

Roam fixed a grimace-of-a-smile on his face. ["Why thank you.... very much madam... Appreciate it, really do...."] The tauros struggled to resist the urge to hit her with his tails.

Flareon padded away from Ben, and smiled timidly at the blaziken. ["It's very nice of you to offer.....but do you have food for my boy?"] she said, jerking her head in Ben's direction, ["He... is stubborn... and thinks he can look after himself."] she smiled again, her red cheeks blushing pink.

ooc| Roam has a Jolly nature, Festival has a Shy nature... In case you couldn't tell.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Henry walked over to Jaelin.

"Hi," he smiled, "You must be Jaelin. I'm Henry, the coordinator of this expedition. Mind if I join you for dinner?"

"DarkWing! Magik! Over here!" Henry's crobat and abra came out from the woods, Magik clutching berries.

"Jaelin...these are my pokemon. I'm sure they'd have fun meeting yours," he said, glancing at the belt of pokeballs the other trainer was wearing.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    i look up and see some one come over. when they say my name i nearly choke.i swallow and speak." how do you know my name?! im not part of the expedition!i have been trailing you....my pokemon are exploring." just then a man comes running our way and yells out."henry there are six stray pokemon in camp ones a garydos. nobody is laying claim to them. every ones terrified the garydos will rampage. what is it doing in the forest any way?"

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "I see..." Emerl said with a slight nod "I merely stated that I had lost interest in my old quest, I didn't by any means mean to belittle the magnitude of yours. And I think I know what you feel like, not having seen either one of my parents." he shrugged as if to signify his indiference to the matter, "But that is not relevant at the moment." he lifted his emerald eyes to meet Ben's "You mentioned that someone was pursuing you. Who?"

"[Just try to endure.]" Heracross whispered to Roam "[You don't want to get her to think that you need a spanking, trust me. She'll calm down in-]"

"[Don't whisper young man.]" Aggron interrupted the bug pok?mon, "[It doesn't become you. And stop squirming Roam, how am I ever going to get your pelt in order if you can't stand still for a moment?]" she continued to fuss over the Tauros.

Blaziken gave festival a slight smile "[I know the type.]" he said, casting a glance at his own trainer "[But I'm afraid such decisions are up to my trainer. I shall do my best to persuade him if he won't make the suggestion himself.]"

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Ben shot a wary glance over my shoulder. "That's the thing, I don't know." He turned to look at Emerl, "I was really freaking out, and so was Festival. Roam's never fussed, but Festival...Anyway... we could hear footsteps, twigs cracking... and I kept catching sight of zubats out of the corner of my eye. As far as I know, forests this far left are inhabitatable for them."

Roam was beginning to look worried. ["Yes mother,"] he said, half in jest, ["I'll behave. But it's Blaziken that's starting it."] He began to chuckle again, almost shaking with mirth.

Festival dipped her head. This blaziken was being incredibly kind to her, almost like Roam, Gin and Ben always were. ["Are you looking for something too?" she cocked her head questioningly to one side.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Emerl nodded as he listened, not quite sure what to make of the situation. "Perhaps it would be best if you stayed with our group for the night." he said after a pause "You wouldn't want whoever it was catching up to you when you and your pok?mon are in such a state. There is safety in numbers after all."

Blaziken paused for a moment at Festival's question "[Of course I am.]" he replied "[To my knowledge every living being does. What would be the purpose of a life without goals after all? The relevant question however, is what I'm searching for.]" he paused after the statement, giving the Flareon a chance to change the subject if she wanted to.

Heracross shook his head at the fowl pok?mon. He was always making weird statements and asking questions that the bug pok?mon didn't understand, he turned to watch Aggron's seemingly unending fussing instead.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Ben nodded. For a moment, he just remained silent, watching his Flareon carefully. She was a sweet little thing, and Ben could see she was beginning to feel uncomfortable. "That's a good idea..." he looked at Emerl in the eye. The well-spoken trainer seemed like a nice guy... "And....could we have some food? For my pokemon aswell?"

Festival lowered her head. ["Well....I guess so....but what I mean is... how can you be searching for something when you....don't know what it is...?"] her voice was little more than a whisper, pausing every now and again as if to think her words through.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "Certainly." Emerl replied, pulling of his packing and placing it on the ground "Just give me a moment. The boy began rummaging his pack for the rations he had packed, feeling strangely community minded. He was pretty sure that Blaziken and the Flareon could survive on the same food, the same probably went for Aggron and the Tauros. And they probably wouldn't mind sharing, seeing as Blaziken seemed to be making friends with the Flareon and Aggron had taken the Tauros as her new object of mothering.

"[That...]" Blaziken replied slowly, measuring his words with care "[Is precisely how I have felt for my whole life.]" he said "[Ever since Emerl found me, beaten and starved, on the shore. I first travelled with him in the hope that he would be able to tell me what I was searching for, but it turned out that he does not even known what he searches for himself.]" the fowl pok?mon shook his head "[What about you then?]" he asked, watching the Flareon.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Ben watched Emerl curiously. Before this, the only people he met on this trip were a old woman and her Cradily - and she had practically thrown him out through the window of the ramshackle old hut when Ben had requested shelter. Now this teenager was not only willing to share food, but offer some sort of protection as well. Ben could hardly believe it. "Thanks a lot. We don't need much, just some substance to keep us going through the night." He dumped his own dusty pack on the ground. "I'm sure me and Festival can track some grub down in the morning."

Festival watched the Blaziken with wide eyes. ["You were abandonned? How mean!"] she practically squeaked. She dropped onto her haunches, evidently feeling more relaxed. ["Before Ben, I was just an average Eevee. I think I came from a farm... I don't remember much, except... my sisters picked on me terrible-like. Ben came and picked me up... he was in an awfull rush, and I was frightened at first. He was running away."] she said simply, and curled her tail around her front feet for warmth.["And... I was just so glad to be away from my sisters, it didn't matter where I was going as long as Ben and Roam were there."]

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    "Now...I know a lot. Magik can read minds, and consequently relay information and others' thoughts back to me. Quite useful..."

He heard the urgent call.

"Seems I must be going now. Don't want anything spoiling this... Or killing someone..." Henry ran off in the direction the shout came from.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    i sit there and eat my lunch and listen to the message. i think and realise it must be my pokemon exploring the camp. i stand up to say something and tell henry that there is no danger and that they are my pokemon but they get up and start running away. put my suacepan down and run after them.i jump up onto a tree trunk and climb up to the branches. i get into a crouch position and watch what will happen.i look around the camp and see my pokemon.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    "You're welcome." Emerl replied, handing over Ben's share and taking a seat by the fire, watching the flames dance as he began eating he absent-mindedly gestured that the boy was free to join him. Ben seemed quite surprised by Emerl's hospitality, and in truth so was he. There just seemed to be something in the boy's bearing that bore a distinct similarity to Emerl's. That indomitable spark of self-reliance and stubborness on the outside, and that concealed vulnerability just beyond. He kept his emerald eyes set on the blaze in front of him, lacking any further ideas for conversation at the moment.

Blaziken gave the Flareon an understanding look, "[Safety...]" he said softly. "[It is certainly something worth striving for. Although you should not let it consume your freedom altogether.]" the fowl pok?mon took a pause and shrugged "[I'm sorry.]" he said "[I do tend to lean a bit too far onto the philosophical side of things. But come, I think they're settling down to eat.]" he made his way to his trainer, Heracross joining in excitedly, yelling "[Food time! Food time!]"

"[Have some dignity...]" Blaziken muttered, struggling against giving a smile, which resulted in a kind of half-grin. "[You're such a loon.]"

"[Daft as a broomstick.]" the bug pok?mon concured cheerfully, nudging his trainer into handing out their food.

Emerl looked up, "Oh yeah..." he said "Blaziken, you'll have to share with Festival, and Aggron you'll do the same with the Tauros. Are you okay with that?"

"[But of course!]" Aggron replied with what was probably a delighted squeal "[Finally a chance to get some meat on his bones!]"

"[No problem...]" Blaziken replied with a nod.

"Are there any others with you?" he asked, realizing that he probably didn't know all of Ben's pok?mon.

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    Ben was more than happy to oblige; he sat down cross-legged beside Emerl, and pulled his bag onto his lap. The fire glowed cheerfully, and Be was surprised to find himself longing for home. His father was, like the majority of Dads, completely obsessed with flames. At any oppurtunity, he would drag out the kindling and coax a fire into life. For a moment, he was lost in thought - before being jerked back to the real world by Emerl's quesiton. "No, currently there's just me, Festi and Roam. I left my Electabuzz, Fort, in the PC - he's a real nuicence, and I don't think he'd appreciate a trek through the forest." In all honesty, Ben regretted the day he had taken in the impish pokemon - he was a good fighter, but he was constantly pulling pranks and getting into unnessacery battles.

Festival watched as Blaziken and Heracross darted off in the direction of the food. She trotted after them, far more apprehensive than her Tauros friend - Roam practically jumped at the word 'food', and was away from the Aggron in a flash and sitting beside Ben, his tail wagging eagerly. Festival, however, trod carefully, as if on eggshells, before flowing into Ben's lap, where she lay like a fluffy yellow rug.
    ["I shouldn't really eat Blaziken's food..."] she murmered, amking Ben laugh.
    "Don't be silly, I'm sure he's got plenty to spare." he told her, and fingered her ears absent-mindedly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    OOC: I want you all to know I had a bad dream about a gyrados attacking the camp in a dream I had last night ~.~; And is there someway we can delay this Gyrados attack thing? This is the middle of the night ...

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {ooc| It's a sign ^^; I agree, I think we should delay it until morning, that way all our guys can rest properly...xD}

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    OOC: Ok, we'll just pretend that never happened then. I'm pretending that didn't happen and my chat with Jaelin remains uninterrupted.

BIC:

Henry yawned.

"Those noodles are starting to smell pretty good," he smiled, "So why have you just been trailing us? You could've just joined us. We need the company."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back