• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Journey into the Beyond [New Frontiers redone]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    ((That was perfectly put, Radai!))

Nire looked at the other person who addressed her. She looked at her with her strangely calm eyes and said, "Carry on and forget about her. If she (or they) truly need us, they would come looking for us." She dismounts off her Pokemon and rubs its neck gently after speaking. "You were good," she whispered at him, "and you needed to stretch your wings like that."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Out Of Character: I will let the evidence here speak for itself. Moving on...

In Character:

Emerl simply stood there as the girl, whose name he realized that he didn't even know went after Kelly. Stay? he thought for himself. This was an utterly new experience for him. Someone actually wanting him to stay, not just a 'Since you're already there' or 'might as well' that he was accustomed to recieving, but a definite 'stay'. Even after what he had done?

The boy steadied himself, feeling an immense rush of gratitude towards the girl, yet at the same time finding himself confused by her. She was obviously a kind and sensitive person, but why did she hide it behind a facade of indiference? Emerl made a new decision, he would stay. And he would find out who this girl was and why she acted like she did, even if it meant breaking his usual no-involvement policy.

Emerl wasn't too surprised to see that Kelly hadn't returned, but didn't comment. Retaining his silence as one of the other girls approached Nire and then asked for instructions in general.

Last edited:

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    ((Its Nire not...Naire...*laughs* Naire is a shaving product!))

Nire looked at the boy who she had spoken to earlier. She aproaches him with her Flygon trailing behind her. "Sorry for interveining like that before. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Nire." The pink haired girl looked at him before saying in her serious voice, "And what is your name?"

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Out Of Character: Pardon me, these old eyes aren't what they used to be. My inner child (I.e. my non-dared self) is laughing at the coincidence. ^_^

In Character:

Emerl shook his head "No, Nire. Thank you." he said, his eyes conveying a fierce gratitude "Thank you for intevening. I am Emerl Amarant. A pok?mon trainer obviously, if I dare apply that name to myself after what I have done." his face regained a part of its haunted expression.

"Hera-" Heracross protested at the end of the sentence, waddling over to his trainer and nudging him, trying to explain that he considered that complete and utter nonsense "Heracross!" his trainer wasn't quite buying it though and the bug pok?mon shrugged.

"Hera." he said, noticing Nire's Flygon and making an introduction to it "Cross-heraaa-cross? heracross."

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    The Flygon bends it elegant head towards the Heracross and says. "Fly, fly, gon. Flygon." <Pleased to meet you. I am Flygon.>

Nire looks at him. "It's okay, we all make mistakes at some points in our life," she said in her hauntingly calm voice, "But its better if we reconize those mistakes rather then ignore them."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Emerl pondered the words for a moment It's okay to make mistakes? But...I've always aimed for perfection, sworn to learn from the mistakes of others rather than commit any myself, to be better than those that have shunned me...

"Hera-cro-cross-hera-cross, heracross." <Nice to meet you too, Flygon.> Heracross replied, beaming. He glanced at Nire and listened to her serious voice. "Hera-cross-heraaaa-croooss-hera-cross?" <Hass your trainer always been like that?> the bug pok?mon asked curiously "Hera-cross, heracross-her-aaa-cross-heracross?" <You know, serious all the time?>

"I suppose so." Emerl conceded, finally breaking his silence, "I should use this failure to motivate myself to do better rather than as an excuse not to pull my weight around here. I have a question for you..." he added "Although you have no reason to grant me an answer. And I certainly won't hold it against you if you don't. But I wonder, why do you maintain a neutral expression and voice even though you're obviously a caring person by nature?"

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    "Flygon...Gon gon, Fly." <She, just is...But it wasn't always.> the Flygon says to the Pokemon, shaking his head.

The girl looks at the boy straight in the eyes, seeming to look right through him, though directly at him. She satys quiet for a moment, as though in thought when she finally utters the words, "Those are for reasons I do not wish to share. However, I will tell you that my father had died in the past few years." She says blankly. "Have you ever been forced to grow up faster then usual?"

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    At least your father cared for you, wanted you... Emerl thought bitterly, but surpressed this line, not wanting to insult or downplay Nire's suffering, "I'm sorry about your father" he said "And I can understand that you don't trust me enough to tell more as of yet. But to answer your question. I have felt like that for as long as I can remember, you see...My parents, my whole family, abandoned me. Why, I do not know, I am not even sure about the when, those memories have always eluded me. But from what I gather they went to great lengths to erase their tracks." he shook his head "The only childhood I can remember is the one at Stonewall orphanage, a rund-down establishment now shut down for child abuse. I will not bother you with the gruesome details of my upbringing, suffice to say that the rules were basically 'survival of the fittest'. I fled that place as soon as I was old enough to survive on my own...well, not really on my own." he confessed, allowing himself a faint smile towards the Blaziken beside him "I had Blaziken to help me, although he was just a Torchic at the time. Neither one of us would probably had made it on our own."

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    "Do you think of yourself as someone poor and worthless? Without a friend? Because you're not. You're with us for now. I respect your past, and I am dreadfully sorry, and I am flattered that you trust me enough to tell me your tale." She nods her head towards the boy, her eyes showing a tiny bit of sadness, but remained her normal calmness.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    While Nire and Emerl were talking, Henry was trying to raise morale in other parts of the group.

"Gah...anyone else here?" Only the crickets chirped.

'I guess the group fanned out a bit...' He frowned.

Walking back to Emerl and Nire, he cut in rather sharply.

"You two...it's getting pretty dark. I think stopping for the night would be a good idea. Opinions?"

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    His conversation cut short rather rudely, Emerl mouthed a whole-hearted 'thank you', conveying the emotions of gratitude towards the girl through his eyes before he turned to face the new person adressing him and, at his question, surveyed his surroundings, noticing that the day was indeed turning to night. "I suppose it's fine." he said, slightly upset at how little progress they had made "Although I hope that we'll be able to make better progress in the future. By the way" he added, eyeing the boy "I didn't catch your name."

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    "Sorry...my name's Henry. I just know everyone because of the files they gave me of everyone who'd be becoming the proverbial settlers."

He chuckled slightly and looked at the moon.

"At least we have a decent sized moon to shed some light on things..."

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    "Yes...well...she probably just wanted to be accepted like the rest of us," Henry smiled.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Emerl shook his head at Nire's statement "This hold up was caused because I didn't have the sense to hold my tongue and back off from the fight. If anyone is to be blamed for our delay it's me. And I assure all of you, I'm going to do my best to make up for it." The boy threw a glance at the full moon above, this was a beautiful night, regardless of the day that had preceeded it.

Years
    Ryley had been gazing up at the sky most of the time, as she didn't want to interrupt Emerl and Nire's chat.
    She got up as the other started setting up the camp and started to help them.
    She notices that the pokemon helped out as well, and she couldn't but feel a little down. Had it taken them a long time to gain their pokemon's confidence? Had all pokemon been like her Ekans in the beginning?
    "Were your pokemon afraid of you when you first got them?" she asked nobody in particular, more like she adressed them all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Henry was startled by the soft question behind him. Quickly regaining his composure, he turned around and faced the girl.

"Ah, Ryley! Nice to meet you face to face. I'm Henry," Turning back to Emerl and Nire, "Yes. Let's set up camp. It's already late as it is."

He began unpacking stuff, but turned back to Ryley.

"To answer your question...not really. I rescued my Crobat as a zubat back in Mt. Moon. And my Abra...heh...he just liked me," Henry chuckled.

Wolf_Goddess

The pen is mightier...
    Years
    She looks at the girl calmly as she began to unpack. "Well, yes," she said, rubbing her Flygon's neck. "Its because they're not used to you, and you have to give them time for them to like you. You need to earn their trust, like by training them or speaking to them while they're out. Petting them, I also find, helps. Soon enough, they'll begin to grow on you."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back