• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

July predictions!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • We should be getting trailers dropping every month or so, since they tend to reveal a fair chunk of stuff anyway. They also spread faster across the internet than CoroCoro news does, and that proved successful for S/M's pre-release period.

And for Or/As too (which was when the shift away from Corocoro started. Or was that X/Y. Don't recall xD)

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2017
    I really hope that in the ultra sun and ultra moon we can trade or battle with sun and moon

Years
  • Sun and moon for me was boring, the alola forms were eh and I hated all the mechanics changes. Specially how they name something absolute zero but give it an immunity when nothing should be immune. Sigh...Anyway do people feel sun and moon was a testing ground and this is the real successor to x/y? I'm partially hoping they revert all nerfs they did from gen 6 to gen 7. And bring better end game and gyms...Or I'll stick to older gen

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Sigh...Anyway do people feel sun and moon was a testing ground and this is the real successor to x/y?
    Sun/Moon being a "testing ground" wouldn't surprise me. But US/UM being X/Y successors though? I doubt it, Game Freak dumped Kalos on the roadside a while ago. Given that these games have the words "Sun" and "Moon" in their titles, the only thing they could be is S/M successors.

Years
  • Sun/Moon being a "testing ground" wouldn't surprise me. But US/UM being X/Y successors though? I doubt it, Game Freak dumped Kalos on the roadside a while ago. Given that these games have the words "Sun" and "Moon" in their titles, the only thing they could be is S/M successors.

Sorry I meant that ultrasun and ultramoon are the actual flagship title for gen 7.

Reactions: Nah

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Corocoro might have something. Of course it might just be the release of mashadow but who knows.

pkmin3033

Sorry I meant that ultrasun and ultramoon are the actual flagship title for gen 7.
    I wouldn't call them flagship titles, but I would say that they will probably be definitive versions. S/M definitely had the feeling of rushed/cut content in places, and even though the development time for USUM is short, they've already done a lot of the work if they're just going to use Alola as a base. I'd expect USUM to have a lot more content if nothing else.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I feel like they dont wanna make USUM to be such a big deal.. We barely got any news regarding it. I feel like they just release these games for the sake of releasing it..

Years
  • I feel like they dont wanna make USUM to be such a big deal.. We barely got any news regarding it. I feel like they just release these games for the sake of releasing it..

You mean as a way to stall while they work on finishing up Pokemon Switch (nickname I'm giving it/them for now)? Most likely. Actually, it's odd that they didn't have the one year gap that third versions usually had (and even Japanese Gen V had a gap between BW and B2W2)...
    Though, considering the chance that Pokemon Switch might drop late 2018, that might be why they decided to release it now to allow for a nice delay.

Anyway, the news that I'm looking forward to is just what exactly the mascots are. Necrozma with Solgaleo and Lunala as the base or Solgaleo and Lunala with Necrozma's body as armor. Or maybe something else all together (would be a shocker).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Revealing little means two things:

1. TPCi wants players to journey through USUM leaving mostly everything as a surprise. This would be preferable for players who like to keep away from spoilers, and also keeps players on their toes on what to expect around every corner, etc.

2. There's no substantial difference between USUM and what we already know in SM, which would be the most disappointing route.

Although to be honest, I wouldn't read too much into the frequency of news releases. They could very well spill the whole game like in SM, or they could very well hide some of it like in Gen VI (I believe?). That doesn't speak necessarily for the quality of the games in particular.

I hope that its the first route rather than the second one.. But it just seems like they're not trying to hype these games atall

pkmin3033

I hope that its the first route rather than the second one.. But it just seems like they're not trying to hype these games atall
    Well, not just yet, at least...but the games were only announced last month, and there is plenty of time for them to start the hype train going. Honestly I can't see them NOT drawing attention to these games, as it wouldn't make much business sense to just announce them and then leave them to simmer quietly for a few months before suddenly releasing them.

I guess we'll see what goes on when CoroCoro leaks, if nothing else.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Well, not just yet, at least...but the games were only announced last month, and there is plenty of time for them to start the hype train going. Honestly I can't see them NOT drawing attention to these games, as it wouldn't make much business sense to just announce them and then leave them to simmer quietly for a few months before suddenly releasing them.

I guess we'll see what goes on when CoroCoro leaks, if nothing else.

Yes I think you're right=]

Years
  • Yeah, hopefully my birthday Corocoro (this month's issue nearly always releases officially on my birthday, same day that this year's movie comes out too xD) has some gifts for me :3

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I completely forgot about the movie. But to be honest, the movie looks boring and lazy. Do we really need a retelling of Ash's story? I care more about USUM game news than i do for this movie.

Years
  • I completely forgot about the movie. But to be honest, the movie looks boring and lazy. Do we really need a retelling of Ash's story? I care more about USUM game news than i do for this movie.

The movie seems to be an alternate Ash based on how several key events differ from the main anime's beginnings.
    In some ways it's giving us a taste of what we might expect from U-SM

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • The movie seems to be an alternate Ash based on how several key events differ from the main anime's beginnings.
    In some ways it's giving us a taste of what we might expect from U-SM

That is a really good point actually, the movie might actually be hinting to the fact that USUM are really alternate realities. And with the Ultra Beast and fallers and all that, we might very well be getting an alternate take on Sun and Moon.

pkmin3033

Given that there is an alternate world in SM, it would be nice if USUM was set in that alternate reality...I would have thought this would have been one of the first things they'd announce, if it was going to happen.

Years
  • Given that there is an alternate world in SM, it would be nice if USUM was set in that alternate reality...I would have thought this would have been one of the first things they'd announce, if it was going to happen.

If those are then worlds then the alternate world in Sun would be that of Ultra Moon and that of Moon would be that of Ultra Sun. I think that the alternate world though was just the opposite version's world.

pkmin3033

If those are then worlds then the alternate world in Sun would be that of Ultra Moon and that of Moon would be that of Ultra Sun. I think that the alternate world though was just the opposite version's world.
    Possibly...but then, who is to say that they won't swap Day/Night around in USUM? Or that maybe the story of USUM has already taken place by the time you can enter the Alternate World in SM?

Back