• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen just got back into pokemon

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    hey all i have just got back into pokemon and have been playing white 2 are there any must catch pokemon or must get items to find just anything that i do not want to miss places to go anything you can think off

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    I dont really know why you created the thread but I hope you enjoy the new games. Gen V renewed my faith in pokemon gaming as a whole after the story gave me quite a brilliant impact so I hope it influence you too to stick around more. Good Luck and May the Nature, Ev's and Iv's be with you!

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
    hey all i have just got back into pokemon and have been playing white 2 are there any must catch pokemon or must get items to find just anything that i do not want to miss places to go anything you can think off

Hey Ozza, nice to hear you're getting back into what is the favourite game of many peeps around here. One thing that I loved and love about Pokemon is that it requires hardly any effort to get back into. The storyline is very linear, basically just catch anything and do anything you want within the game to beat the champion and complete the game.

There are no must have Pokemon or Items, use whatever suits you best, and give your Pokemon whatever items you feel benefit them the most. You'll have a more enjoyable playing experience using Pokemon that you like rather than other people forcing it down your throat. Have fun, and hopefully this'll rekindle your spark in this wonderful game. :)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Just don't forget to look for Hidden Grottos, most of the time while I was playing the game, I always forgot about them xD

Also: play a couple of those Pokewood minigames, they can be real fun, especially if you go for the "strange" engings.

Years
    There are no must have Pokemon or Items, use whatever suits you best, and give your Pokemon whatever items you feel benefit them the most. You'll have a more enjoyable playing experience using Pokemon that you like rather than other people forcing it down your throat. Have fun, and hopefully this'll rekindle your spark in this wonderful game. :)

I agree. I've always found the games much more fun when you use the Pokemon and items you like the best. Play the way that is most enjoyable for you. =)

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    yes it was very easy to get back into i have just reached victory road but had to go back to the start because my rival beat me all i had left was a hauxorus probs wrong spelling only had 27 hp left he never stood a chance lol

also will i get another chance to catch volcorona and the grass type of the 3 legends at least i think its a grass type

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
    yes it was very easy to get back into i have just reached victory road but had to go back to the start because my rival beat me all i had left was a hauxorus probs wrong spelling only had 27 hp left he never stood a chance lol

also will i get another chance to catch volcorona and the grass type of the 3 legends at least i think its a grass type

Hugh (if you picked Snivy) $5700
    Unfezant / Lv. 55
    Bouffalant Lv. 55
    Simipour Lv. 55
    Emboar / Lv. 57
    (if you picked Tepig)
    Unfezant / Lv. 55
    Bouffalant Lv. 55
    Simisage Lv. 55
    Samurott Lv. 57
    (if you picked Oshawott)
    Unfezant / Lv. 55
    Bouffalant Lv. 55
    Simisear Lv. 55
    Serperior Lv. 57

This is your rival's full roster of Pokemon when you face him at victory road. It may be too troublesome to train another Pokemon from elsewhere because you'll need to do a whole lot of grinding, so maybe catching a Ppkemon in Victory Road, which is already at a decently high level and dpgridning it into the 50s is a good idea. Also, it's not advisable to only use one Pokemon because critical hits can ruin you. Even with two pokemon, bring along 4 other low levelled Pokemon that you can switch it to die while healing your main battlers. Hopefully you'll beat him. Good luck! ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    One Pokémon that you should probably get a hold of, in my opinion, is Volcarona. This one makes things super-easy when it comes to competitive battling, as it's not so difficult to utilize in any way. It's got high Special Attack and Speed and has access to a move known as Quiver Dance (which boosts those stats even further), and with that combination, it could cause some major destruction.

I've used Volcarona plenty of times before, and it never ceased to amaze me. It's a great Pokémon to carry all-around.

Anyhow, since this thread is relating to generation five specifically, I'll move it to our Fifth Gen forum for you.

Moved.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    Hugh (if you picked Snivy) $5700
    Unfezant / Lv. 55
    Bouffalant Lv. 55
    Simipour Lv. 55
    Emboar / Lv. 57
    (if you picked Tepig)
    Unfezant / Lv. 55
    Bouffalant Lv. 55
    Simisage Lv. 55
    Samurott Lv. 57
    (if you picked Oshawott)
    Unfezant / Lv. 55
    Bouffalant Lv. 55
    Simisear Lv. 55
    Serperior Lv. 57

This is your rival's full roster of Pokemon when you face him at victory road. It may be too troublesome to train another Pokemon from elsewhere because you'll need to do a whole lot of grinding, so maybe catching a Ppkemon in Victory Road, which is already at a decently high level and dpgridning it into the 50s is a good idea. Also, it's not advisable to only use one Pokemon because critical hits can ruin you. Even with two pokemon, bring along 4 other low levelled Pokemon that you can switch it to die while healing your main battlers. Hopefully you'll beat him. Good luck! ;)

i have more pokemon but haxorus was the only one left alive and i had ran out of revives

my team is haxorus electabuzz tyrakion cablion skarmory and goldduck which is my hm slave

but my electabuzz seems very weak so im going to try and find a new electric type

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
    i have more pokemon but haxorus was the only one left alive and i had ran out of revives

my team is haxorus electabuzz tyrakion cablion skarmory and goldduck which is my hm slave

but my electabuzz seems very weak so im going to try and find a new electric type

Electabuzz is a decent electric type and should be fine for your rival battle. Level him up enough and you should have no problem taking him down. You can grind him to early 50s in Victory Road and you should have no problem. Volcarona is really strong right off the bat, survive one hit and pull of a quiver dance and you're pretty much set for the rest of the battle. Good luck. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    Electabuzz is a decent electric type and should be fine for your rival battle. Level him up enough and you should have no problem taking him down. You can grind him to early 50s in Victory Road and you should have no problem. Volcarona is really strong right off the bat, survive one hit and pull of a quiver dance and you're pretty much set for the rest of the battle. Good luck. :)

i beat glen my rival but got defeated by the elite 4 unfortunetly i killed volcorona in relic passage will i get another chance to catch it

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
    i beat glen my rival but got defeated by the elite 4 unfortunetly i killed volcorona in relic passage will i get another chance to catch it

Unfortunately no, you will only get one chance to catch it - before the Elite Four. If you defeated it in a battle, you'll only be able to catch it again at level 65 after defeating the elite four.

fynxy

That one awkward girl in your class
    Years
    Welcome back to the abyss that is Pokemon. We'll make sure you never get pulled up ever again. :D

There's lots of legendaries in White/Black 2. I made it my mission to capture them all. You can find a complete list of all of them on serebii (i can't post a link yet...)

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    Welcome back to the abyss that is Pokemon. We'll make sure you never get pulled up ever again. :D

There's lots of legendaries in White/Black 2. I made it my mission to capture them all. You can find a complete list of all of them on serebii (i can't post a link yet...)

yes ive found out that there are lots of legendaries ive only got 2 of them at this point and its 2 of the trio ive got cobalion and terrakion im sick that i missed the other though i got so annoyed with it i just ended it lol sooo frustrating

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Glad that Black and White got another person back into Pokemon, since that's what the games were created for! :) What Pokemon did you end up using, besides Haxorus? I think if there's a must-catch Pokemon for me, it's Excadrill, since it tears through Team Plasma pretty easily with Ground-type moves. However, since you already beat Plasma then I don't think that matters :p

Back