• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Just how old are the Nuvema crew?

Nameless.

Cheren looks and acts older but I'm pretty sure he's the same age as Bel and the protagonist. If I was to take an estimate.. I guess 14.
    Cause I dunno about them, but I wouldn't wait until I was 14 to go on my Pokemon journey if I was able at age 10. O_o So, I definitely doubt they are much older.
    Who has patience in the world of Pokemon to wait until age 15-16?! D:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • 16. I remember your mom.. er, the protagonists' mom saying that she hoped that they would become 'respectable adults', so probably mid-teens like 16-17. I bet on 16 though.

NatureKeeper

I think they are 13ish, I am surprised how do you think they're older.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'd say they're all about 16, perhaps with the player being on the younger end of things. I'd say Cheren sounds and looks the most mature with Bianca being between the two.
    N looks about 17 in my opinion

I don't think Bianca is over 20 like some of you though, she doesn't look or sound nearly that old.
    I agree. There's absolutely no way that Bianca is twenty given the context of some of the quotes that Juniper and your mom say at the beginning of the game.

But I have to disagree with how you said Cheren is the most mature. He interrupts people when they are speaking so many times, and you can tell he has a superiority complex going on given what he says and how he says it. That leads me to believe that he certainly isn't the oldest of the group.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Those with the English games, what's their height? I've been forever curious. You use the PokeDex to find out their height and weight. It will help in determining their ages somewhat.

KieronGames

May be more active
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    Those with the English games, what's their height? I've been forever curious. You use the PokeDex to find out their height and weight. It will help in determining their ages somewhat.

It doesn't let you now :/

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Those with the English games, what's their height? I've been forever curious. You use the PokeDex to find out their height and weight. It will help in determining their ages somewhat.

I just had a look, but unfortunately it doesn't tell you. There's no visual representation of a Pokémon's height anymore that I can find anymore, it's just a number.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • So in order to give B/W some sort of fresh rebranding, GameFreak gave us slightly older protagonists, and made a few comments on Japanese publications about how the group of trainers of Nuvema Town were "older" than the previous ten-year-olds in the Pokémon RPGs prior to Black/White.

So Cheren, Bel, and the player character are apparently not ten; they're supposedly teenagers. (While it was something that while GameFreak would boast a few times, TPCi has neglected to mention it.)

So how old would you say the young trainers of Nuvema Town are? Why?

I say that they are 16 years of age, because they look a bit taller than the usual "10 year olds" of Pokemon. Also, my personal guidelines are that anyone who's as tall as Naruto was pre-Shippuden is about 13 years old; anyone as tall as him during Shippuden's start is about 16 years old. In Pokemon, the only people I consider "10 years old" as of now are Ash when he first started out and Red during Generation 1. Everyone else looks way too old to be ten, though Ken Sugimori's artwork of Iris may avert that (Iris's anime depiction, however...).

Anyway, White and Touko definitely have to be older than 10. The mentions by the developers confirm that, and for White...THOSE SHORTS. As for Belle...THEM HIPS.

Additionally, Cheren reminds me of Bleach's Uryu Ishida, who is 16 as well:

Just how old are the Nuvema crew?
    Just how old are the Nuvema crew?

It's funny how only when the protagonist/rivals are around 16 years old do the parents start worrying about their children and demand they come home.

While 10 year olds have been traveling around regions before without a care in the world.

LOL...strangely true.

I just had a look, but unfortunately it doesn't tell you. There's no visual representation of a Pokémon's height anymore that I can find anymore, it's just a number.

-_- Game Freak, WTF?! Yet another pointless regression of BW...

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I think their ages have been left obscured on purpose. It leaves it more open to player interpretation, and thus the player can decide the age for themselves.

It might be to help older players feel abit more comfortable when playing as the protagonist. Who knows.

Personally I reckon they're around 16, but I could be way off.

Aro-kun

Pokemon trainer
    Years
  • 13-16. There is no way in heck that they are 18+ =.= But they do definitely look older than 10. If I had to pick exactly, i'd say 13.

Austy

Cannibal
    Years
  • I said 14, mainly because I was 14 when all the hype about them came out. So I just stick to my 14-year-old guess XD. But it makes me happy that they are about the age of the true fans, anyways. :D

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Cheren: "Bianca, I've known you for 10 years and..."

^ He says something like that in the beginning of the game.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Cheren: "Bianca, I've known you for 10 years and..."

^ He says something like that in the beginning of the game.

But you don't exactly "know" people when you're a baby, right? This implies to me that some years could have passed before they came to know each other. And hey, they could have met when they were 6 years old or something, which would make them 16 years with that statement... :o

Back