• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

what should i do in dp next

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    cause i dun liek you =P just kidding, im reworking your sprite hats why it isnt up there.

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    your sprites are da bomb!

again amazing crit people...
    In future can you please elaborate a bit more with your posts.

fox? how long have you been a mod...or am i really oblivious
    also new sprite the actual pokemon is the sprite on the left and the others are just seperate
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

Riprok the posessed pokemon
    "Riprok was once but a simple rock but when taken over by the soul of a pokemon it came to life. after taking over the rock the spirit took on a new form turning the rock into a tombstone."
    Rock/Ghost
    R.I.P.+Rock= Riprok
    EDIT: forgot to mention its completely scratched...not like thats important cause its pretty basic but just thought id let you guys in.

Atomic Reactor

I would have gotten rid of the black pixels at the bottom of the head to make it look like it's more connected, or has somewhat of a neck.
    Kinda looks like a digimon to me.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Hello KageX,

Got some crit for ya!

Riprock:

It really does not seem to be pokemon styled... it is first of all, black and white, which makes it look like it belongs in red/blue/yellow... so i was figuring, maybe you might want to add some earthy tones into the headstone, maybe make it a bronzy gray?

As for the little ghost guy, he's in need of some color as well. I know he's a ghost, but maybe make him transparent? Maybe shade him so you can see the headstone through his body? I was also thinking that some bluish tone wouldn't do him harm...

It's your sprite, so by all means, do what you feel works best! These are just some suggestions. As for shading, it looks great, except where the hands fall on the headstone. Shouldn't there be dark spots to ther right of the hands, signifying shading? The only other thing i could really crit on would be the outlining on the white parts. Maybe tone it down it down a bit to a lighter gray...just because the dark gray seems too...well, dark.

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see more!

Keep Spriting!

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    Hello KageX,

Got some crit for ya!

Riprock:

It really does not seem to be pokemon styled... it is first of all, black and white, which makes it look like it belongs in red/blue/yellow... so i was figuring, maybe you might want to add some earthy tones into the headstone, maybe make it a bronzy gray?

As for the little ghost guy, he's in need of some color as well. I know he's a ghost, but maybe make him transparent? Maybe shade him so you can see the headstone through his body? I was also thinking that some bluish tone wouldn't do him harm...

It's your sprite, so by all means, do what you feel works best! These are just some suggestions. As for shading, it looks great, except where the hands fall on the headstone. Shouldn't there be dark spots to ther right of the hands, signifying shading? The only other thing i could really crit on would be the outlining on the white parts. Maybe tone it down it down a bit to a lighter gray...just because the dark gray seems too...well, dark.

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see more!

Keep Spriting!

...that is a lot of crit, thank you my good man...ok

i will not change the design thats out of the question
    the shading has been fixed but i accidentally uploaded the first version of the sprite
    i dont care if its not pokemon styled, as long as it looks like what im trying to sprite
    as for the colors i used onix so...yea i dont think i can get any more earthy...lol

and i need some advice, but this comes with a threat. i have an edit of an old sprite and idk which one to use.
    so until friday you can tell me which is better and on friday ill decide which to use.
    the problem with this is if i dont get a solid choice of sprite and crit somewhere in your post im closing this topic.
    im sick of very little crit.
    ok so heres the sprite
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

which is better?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    The one on the left. Could we see a zoomed out version?

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    a solid choice of sprite and crit somewhere in your post im closing this topic.
    alright, i guess this topic be gone, can a mod please close this.

well guys it was fun...adios

Atomic Reactor

They're both good. But i like the pose of the right one better.
    I would suggest using a dark purple on the outline of the head, since it would be closer to the light source. It's kinda hard to crit it anymore than that...

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Sorry about that Kage, I like the lefts wings layout is much better and I like the shading more. (I guess that's just opinionated though) Also the one on the right. Its arms are all short and stubby, not really threatening at all.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    a solid choice of sprite and crit somewhere in your post im closing this topic.
    alright, i guess this topic be gone, can a mod please close this.

well guys it was fun...adios

HAha...haha...no!

Imagine me sprawling my arms over this thread! KageX...don't let a bunch of newbie spammers ruin your hard work! This thread is great, it just needs to be..."refined".

Anyhow...
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

The wings of the second one blend in too much into the chest. That is why the first one's wings look better. Yet the second one's feet make more sense. the spacing looks nice on them. And the arms... the second one's pose is better, but the arms need a bit more lenght. So...

Maybe pose it with the first one's wings, and the seconds one's feet and arms. Just make the arms a bit longer! That's my ideas on it... take it as you may.

Need i say it? Please don't close your thread!

KEEP SPRITING!!!

GFA

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Also, something really subtle, but, I think it looks better if you used the dark red outline on the base of the arm instead of covering it with the dark purple head outline

KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

--

Hey KageX, glad your keeping the thread open, I really like that newest Team Pose, the hair looks kind of funny though ... because it perfectly smooth, then all of a sudden, it get crinkled. I don't know if that's hair, or what, but I really don't like it. Sorry :P

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
    the only reason there is purple over the red is because gliscor has like mini spikes over his arms, so i made it come to a point.

now for sprites

heres my character hunter from pokemon odd in the evolution of his outfits
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

revamped gold
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

me in fr/lg style
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    (this sprite will be appearing in ruby destiny L.O.G.!!!!!!!)
    and finally some trainer devamps for Pokemon: Overthrone
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

overthrone is my sprite comic that will be coming in the summer. its gonna be in g/s/c style and that is finalized.

heres my attempted rip of chickorita from hgss
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

and my new ow sheet
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    now including cherrim edited infernape and gliscor and staraptor and lunatone and solrock

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    the only reason there is purple over the red is because gliscor has like mini spikes over his arms, so i made it come to a point.

now for sprites

heres my character hunter from pokemon odd in the evolution of his outfits
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

revamped gold
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

me in fr/lg style
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    (this sprite will be appearing in ruby destiny L.O.G.!!!!!!!)
    and finally some trainer devamps for Pokemon: Overthrone
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

overthrone is my sprite comic that will be coming in the summer. its gonna be in g/s/c style and that is finalized.

heres my attempted rip of chickorita from hgss
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH

and my new ow sheet
    KAGEX'S SPRITES...YEAH
    now including cherrim edited infernape and gliscor and staraptor and lunatone and solrock
    As usual the gsc sprites are fantastic
    I already gave you c+c on the gold sprite on DA
    on the gba sprite for pokemon odd his OW bandanna looks ummmm odd
    FIX IT!
    Your welcome kage!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back