• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Kanto Expansion Pak

Mariohammer

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Just finished this catching everybody and beating every fight as far as I'm aware. Really awesome hack overall, quite a few beta Pokemon I wasn't aware of and that was an incredible feeling! Any chance the original music will get uploaded to youtube or something? Or has already? Thanks for all your work, it paid off!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just finished this catching everybody and beating every fight as far as I'm aware. Really awesome hack overall, quite a few beta Pokemon I wasn't aware of and that was an incredible feeling! Any chance the original music will get uploaded to youtube or something? Or has already? Thanks for all your work, it paid off!
    Martha posted some.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    This hack is brilliant! At Celadon now, and for the first time in forever I'm actually trying to complete the dex in a gen 1 hack. My only gripe is none-reusable TMs. Is there any way to get more of them?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I recently finished my play through, and I must say, I have never had this much fun playing a GB ROM hack since Pokémon Blue Dx. I loved how a lot of the beta-mons blended seamlessly into the world of Kanto, as well as theorized evolutions like Gorochu being available. This truly felt like a "What if Red and Blue were somehow given DLC" experience, and I was pleasantly thrilled at the presence of an actual post game with new explorable areas and battles such as the Oak, and Silph Co head battle.

P.S: I really like how you arranged the GBC pallets in Erika's Gym! Truly a treat to the eyes!

Days
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Hey, everyone! I just recently downloaded the game and I'm loving it so far! I do have a few technical questions I wanted to ask. I heard the Pak added Fairy types but I noticed Jigglypuff and Clefairy weren't. It is a glitch? I also noticed the game's color palette was like the original game's. Is it supposed to be a bit more different or is it a glitch? I did add the patch correctly (at least I think I did Xp) so did I miss anything? I didn't get too far in the game I just beat Brock (which was quite a challenge! Barely scraped by with my Eevee ^^) so let me know if I got the A-OK on everything! Thanks!!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Found a really weird bug just now.
    It happened when a wild Hitmonchan used Ice Punch on my Crobat and instantly froze it, I proceeded to just spam A until Hitmonchan used Fire Punch to defrost Crobat and then... the battle glitched out. I immediately got scared and tried to run from the battle, which I was able to on the second try but then the game froze on a white screen

SpringtraP-MasK

Just a Artist
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I have played this hack all the way through, and I have to say I loved this to death. one of the best hacks I've played in a while and enjoyed all the added content too!

everything about gen1 in this game was beyond expectations going in. anybody with time to kill and looking for a hack of Pokémon red with Steller post-game content should play this game! from the restored content to a battler paradice in the post-game. again, cannot recommend this enough as my biggest grief with gen1 was the lack of content outside of connecting to N64.

to the team behind it and plague von karma; thank you for the experience and giving something everyone can enjoy. i look forward to seeing future updates and anything you have in store for the future!

Years
  • Hey, everyone! I just recently downloaded the game and I'm loving it so far! I do have a few technical questions I wanted to ask. I heard the Pak added Fairy types but I noticed Jigglypuff and Clefairy weren't. It is a glitch? I also noticed the game's color palette was like the original game's. Is it supposed to be a bit more different or is it a glitch? I did add the patch correctly (at least I think I did Xp) so did I miss anything? I didn't get too far in the game I just beat Brock (which was quite a challenge! Barely scraped by with my Eevee ^^) so let me know if I got the A-OK on everything! Thanks!!
    The Jigglypuff, Clefairy, and Magnemite lines didn't get their types changed for reasons explained in the videos. Vanilla Pokemon weren't altered on purpose, for the sake of familiarity, and because they're defined by their types in these games.

Clefable and Wigglytuff are Normal STAB-slinging mixed attackers, for example. Changing the types on these two specifically would make them indisputably worse, they're just not like their modern incarnations at all. There's no reason to change it outside of "the later games do it", which feels irrational when giving RBY "DLC".

Magneton would benefit from the type change, but I decided to go about it differently, given Magnezone's existence. Magnezone does receive the Electric / Steel type, which makes it a pretty decent sidegrade, using the SpaceWorld Steel-type, while Magneton doesn't while being faster. There are legitimate benefits and drawbacks, which I personally enjoy.

The palette should be like RBY as it wasn't changed. For the best experience, use a Super Game Boy emulator (eg. BGB with SGB Mode, which the hack was tested on).

Years
  • Poking around the spreadsheet, I can't help but feel there are a handful of types that could use some better moves (if only available on the newly-added mons). Bug and Ghost only have moves that have very low base power, and the only Dragon move does set damage and ignores the type chart, thus Dragon's weakness to itself and Fairy's immunity to it can never come into play even though they both exist in the code.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    Finally finished this game. In my opinion, this is one of the best pokemon rom hacks. I just want to know where I can find an NPC that helps hyper train Pokemon? I've looked everywhere and can't find them :(

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Finally finished this game. In my opinion, this is one of the best pokemon rom hacks. I just want to know where I can find an NPC that helps hyper train Pokemon? I've looked everywhere and can't find them :(
    It's James. He can be found in a house in Citrine City in the post game.

Days
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    This is one of the best kanto rom hacks. i tend to get tired of playing through Kanto, (especially Gen 1) but the sky's the limit with a rom hack like this.

Days
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    Does anyone know if the SS Anne can sail again? because I have never played pokemon red and I lack many pokemon to trade :(

Back