• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
Years
  • If you after defeating the Elite Four and seeing over 400 different kinds of Pokemon, I believe they should give you the option of the Kanto starters.

Charmander! <3

that sorta seems life a hastle

what would be great is if you get one of the starters for beating the elite 4

Years
  • If they add this feature (which I suspect they will), you will probably be able to chose one of the starters in Pallet town. I really HOPE they add a storyline to Kanto!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • that sorta seems life a hastle

what would be great is if you get one of the starters for beating the elite 4

That would be a bit too easy to obtain, it would probably make more sense if you could get Bulbasaur from Red, Charmander from Blue/Green(depending on the version of the manga) and Squirtle from Green/Blue(same as other bracket)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Since there is a well stablished "New events in Kanto" thread, I'll merge it with the "Getting new starters in Kanto" one.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they allow us to choose a starter from the Kanto after at least seeing every Johto Dex Pokémon, then I too hope they start a nice storyline in Kanto that we can portray with the new starter we chose.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    If they allow us to choose a starter from the Kanto after at least seeing every Johto Dex Pokémon, then I too hope they start a nice storyline in Kanto that we can portray with the new starter we chose.

Yeah, I totally agree with that.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I think a new starter would have to mean more depth in the adventure in Kanto. It would make for longer gameplay, everyone would want it. A whole new adventure and plot in Kanto would exceed my expectations and I would be thrilled. Kanto needs SOME kind of life, any they can give it.

Years
  • I think a new starter would have to mean more depth in the adventure in Kanto. It would make for longer gameplay, everyone would want it. A whole new adventure and plot in Kanto would exceed my expectations and I would be thrilled. Kanto needs SOME kind of life, any they can give it.

This idea is awesome, what stopping people just sweeping through kanto with already leveled pokemon though?

Years
  • I would like to see the Radio Tower in Kanto to have a bit more focus on it. Maybe they can something there that the one in Goldenrod doesn't have.

Also, in Viridian City, the place where Cal is, they could add Leaf. I actually want to see Leaf in the game. Maybe she can be your 2ndary (or 3rd) rival when you go to Kanto. Just an idea. ;)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Having Leaf as another rival in Kanto and seeing as Silver will have a change of personality near the end isn't a bad idea. I mean really, it'll give the game an oppotunity to build Kanto to how it could have been back then and bring in both female roles to give Kanto the storyline it needs to.

roudon

Legend Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    Wait wouldn't anyone like them to add the orange islands?
    me personallly if they add the orange islands and keep Kanto
    that woud add to 8+8+8=24 BADGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021

The Orange Islands only has 4 badges >>

Years
  • The Orange Islands is an anime only thing. Anime =/= games (except for yellow version). I highly doubt the Orange Islands would make it into this game. I wouldn't mind seeing the Orange Islands in a game, but not this one. As for the Sevii Islands, I think that was just an exclusive FrLg thing.

IDEA: If Cerulean Cave is reopened, maybe you'll find Giovanni in there trying to control Mewtwo? People have been mentioning they want Team Rocket to do something in Kanto. Maybe Team Rocket has raided Cerulean Cave and they are trying to capture Mewtwo by using the Beserk Gene or something.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013

Like said the Orange Islands has only 4 badges. Plus, the Orange Islands was only to be represented in the anime, not games. Not only to mention, if they added in the Orange Islands it won't exactly be the same as what we say in the show, because in the show it was more of a challenge than a battle. In addition, why add something from the anime when they could put in something more original and unexpected, for example the Sevii Islands. it serves more of a purpose in the game over the Orange Islands and came from the Manga, which is something the game relates to more. so, having the Orange Island isn't needed as Sevii Islands is something that was supposed to replace it in games as the game isn't based off the anime, except for the exclusive Yellow Version like GymLeaderLily has mentioned.

The Orange Islands is an anime only thing. Anime =/= games (except for yellow version). I highly doubt the Orange Islands would make it into this game. I wouldn't mind seeing the Orange Islands in a game, but not this one. As for the Sevii Islands, I think that was just an exclusive FrLg thing.

IDEA: If Cerulean Cave is reopened, maybe you'll find Giovanni in there trying to control Mewtwo? People have been mentioning they want Team Rocket to do something in Kanto. Maybe Team Rocket has raided Cerulean Cave and they are trying to capture Mewtwo by using the Beserk Gene or something.

Having Team Rocket in Kanto again wouldn't make much sense really as it has been 3 years after their crime and failure in Kanto from FRLG [/used to be RBY]. Though, at least having a little notion for them trying their luck again at Kanto even though they failed once would be pretty nice. Especially if it aims in something with Mewtwo, which could be added as a cool twist. Thoug, we'll see what happens for Kanto, I'm sure they'll some unexpected changes for us waiting instore [/hopefully].

Imagine.

Escaping Beyond Hope
    Years
    • Age 27
    • GBR
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    Well, I really wanted a new generation of pokémon. Maybe the 5th generation?

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2009
    yer i think there changing story to much its ment to remake not change

kingfisher309

I lurrve zubat =D
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    i think there should be new areas discovered in both regions, these ar to be only accessable by obtaining the HM rock climb from the KANTO region and you user throughout johto and kanto to access areas where you can find sinnoh pokemon too.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    I'm hoping for a Battle Frontier type thing, after all 16 badges, and Elite Four round 2.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • I thought Kanto was really fun the way it was? ;A;
    But I guess it needs changes.
    Honestly, the levels in Johto were kind of... weakish. I know they're likely to bump them up, but I want to see Kanto with bumped up levels, too. It needs to be... more... er... challenging?

And if the Johto Elite 4 remains the same in terms of ease, I'd like to see a harder Elite 4 in Kanto. That way you have more to do, and your badges feel like they're worth more... xD;;

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I hope they add the Sevii Islands to Kanto, as well as actually open up the Safari Zone, which was planned in the beginning. Maybe to make it consistent with the old games, the Safari Zone could be closed until completing the Sevii Islands (with an all-new set of mini-quests?), and then the Warden could come back and reopen it. I just hope there's more to do in Kanto than last time. It extended the game's story's length, sure, but most of the stuff there was pretty boring, with a lot of the old "exploring" areas (Seafoam Islands, Power Plant, Cerulean Cave, Pokemon Tower... and more) removed completely or shrunk down a lot. I doubt they'd change some of that stuff if we judge on what they did in FrLg, but it is possible that they could reopen some "closed" areas after a certain amount of time. Hopefully =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back