• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kanto - So Much Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Kanto, being reduced from the orignal GSC games will need something new to add onto it. So adding maybe a few swarms or PokéRadar uses in Kanto for new Gen Pokémon will be a pretty good addition. As for the Shaymin idea, it's skeptical at the moment and we'll only know more about the White Rock either before or after the game is released.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    they should keep kanto empty like before

it should have been a port anyway so blah

Years
    they should keep kanto empty like before

it should have been a port anyway so blah

WoW! Most constructive post ever...

As GSC where my favorite games and still are to this day, I hope they really do pimp Kanto, it was GSC's only real let down for me, the gym leaders should be stronger, and I'd like their to be a little bit of story maybe some side quests relating to each gym leader. (like the whole power plant thing), also if Red turns out to be the pushover he was when I got to him, I will be very dissapointed.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    WoW! Most constructive post ever...

As GSC where my favorite games and still are to this day, I hope they really do pimp Kanto, it was GSC's only real let down for me, the gym leaders should be stronger, and I'd like their to be a little bit of story maybe some side quests relating to each gym leader. (like the whole power plant thing), also if Red turns out to be the pushover he was when I got to him, I will be very dissapointed.

I agree with you completely, because that is basically the samething I asked for. Except, I liked Red in Kanto being silent, it added character to him.

Years
    I agree with you completely, because that is basically the samething I asked for. Except, I liked Red in Kanto being silent, it added character to him.

Oh yeah him being silent is fine, that doesn't bother me it was just how, well pathetic his Pokemon where compared to my all 100 party. All I did was catch what ever was cool and use it. Still managed to wipe the floor with him.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Oh yeah him being silent is fine, that doesn't bother me it was just how, well pathetic his Pokemon where compared to my all 100 party. All I did was catch what ever was cool and use it. Still managed to wipe the floor with him.

Oh, then in that point of view, definitely. That is why I'm hoping Kanto is widened, brought to life, and levels raise. I wouldn't mind at all for Red's Pokémon in Kanto to reach the 90s, that won't bother me at all. It'll just add more of a challenge in Kanto.

Ayselipera

Better moves, harder battles, Kanto to have
    some cool things to do in it, and maybe something
    for us to continually do after the game is over.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Something I see them putting in after Kanto is the Sevii Islands for an extended storyline with Team Rocket maybe. If not, then they'll definitely pull something with Kanto this time to amp up its low potential from before [at least I hope].

BlueShadow

Banned
    Years
    2nd Starter?

I think that it would be great that after you go to Kanto you could get one of the Kanto starters from Prof. Oak.

It would be cool if after you beat the E4, Prof. Elm tells you that Prof. Oak will be waiting for you in Vermilion City and when you reach to Vermilion City, he will tell you to choose a Kanto starter!!

That would be totally great!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    Eh. Could happen. It would probably occur in Pallet rather than Vermilion, though, and maybe only after completing the Regional Dex, akin Emerald.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they follow the Sinnoh rule of the Pokédex and simply allow us to see all the Johto Dex Pokémn first it'll definitely be easier. And getting rewarded with a choice of one of the Kanto starters would be a plus; I can see it happening to tell you the truth. As said above, I think it'll me more over in Pallet Town than Vermilion as well.

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    it mite happen. i mean they have it to where your starter follows you(as far as we know)

Kakayo

I loves my Houndoom ^_^
    Years
    I don't know... I really like the first generation starters but I can't really see them giving it to you in a middle of the game. Maybe it will be like Emerald and he will give it to you once you have completed your first pokedex. ^_^

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    you know what would be great, if they did it like they did in yellow. you get your starter then you can get the other starters too. that would be fun

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    It would really be awesome if they could add that in there. Being able to choose a Charmander, Squritle or Bulbasaur for a brand new adventure. I don't think we will see it but if we did I would be very thrilled. :)

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    If you after defeating the Elite Four and seeing over 400 different kinds of Pokemon, I believe they should give you the option of the Kanto starters.

Charmander! <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back