• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kanto Starters!

Which Starter is best!?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I pick squirtle just because I used him as my starter pokemon in the old pokemon game. (i think it was gen I) He was a useful pokemon to me and the same with charmander.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i think bulbasaur is the cutest of them all. charmander [well, charizard] is far too overrated.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    Charmander was my first ever starter Pokemon back on the old GBC Red version, so I chose him. Right now, on FireRed I have Bulbasaur. Well, had, he's evolved into a Venusaur. But I really like both. I'm not sure if I've ever chosen Squirtle as a starter Pokemon before.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Evolution considered, Charmander is the best choice.

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    I love the kanto starters they are simply the best amongst the other but for obvious reasons I would have to choose charmander.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    The first gen are so hard to decide I love them all . I voted for schiggy/squirtle though becasue I picked him the msot often :)

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I can never decide between Bulbasaur and Squirtle for my favourite of the first three, but Charmander definitely has better evolutions. So to sum up, I don't know.

Years
    Bulbasaur. It was my first choice and if I wanted a snazzy fire or water type I could always evolve Eevee. There was no grass type eeveelution back then.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    My moms favorite pokemon(probably the only one she knows XD) is Bulbasaur.
    With that said, imma go with him(:

Charizard is so overrated.

Years
    Man, I love all three. I would always wish there was some way to get all three of the starters - because along with Pikachu they were probably my favorite monsters. Of course, the first choice was always Squirtle, as he's the true favorite and it wasn't possible to get all three.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    First time playing Leafgreen I chose a Charmander, because it looks the coolest.
    The second time I wanted to choose Squirtle for a change and it blasted through most of the gyms easily :)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I didn't really like the kanto starters much. :/ Favorite out of them would be Charmander I guess; it's pretty cute. But eh.

Back