• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Kanto Starters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Well this sounds interesting, it appears that the book released on 10th September will include passwords to use on the Global link's Dream world, which will give us
    Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle, but they all have new abilities. Makes a change from Torrent/Blaze/Overgrow

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I Think these abilities :
    Bulbasaur : Chlorophyll/Leaf Guard
    Charmander : Flash Fire/Intimidate possibly Flame Body
    Squirlte : Hydration/Water Absorb/Water veil

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I like Glaceon with Ice Body and Vaporeon with Hydration...I can see the latter bringing about more Rain Dance into OU competitive battling, to help Vaporeon wall even more effectively

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    I Think these abilities :
    Bulbasaur : Chlorophyll/Leaf Guard
    Charmander : Flash Fire/Intimidate possibly Flame Body
    Squirlte : Hydration/Water Absorb/Water veil

I will hate Charizard x 2 if he has intimidate
    Its so common, its not even funny

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Well this sounds interesting, it appears that the book released on 10th September will include passwords to use on the Global link's Dream world, which will give us
    Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle, but they all have new abilities. Makes a change from Torrent/Blaze/Overgrow

I swear if this is a Japan only event for Kanto starters we had better get the others.

Would be nice :D

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I like Overgrowth for in-game purposes, especially for a pokemon with as high a Sp.Atk as Venusaur. You think it's almost dead, but Giga Drain will restore like half of it's health. XD

I'm guessing Chlorophyll for the Bulbasaur family, Flash Fire for the Charmander family, and Swift Swim for the Squirtle family. :P

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Yay I can get Bubasaur! And with a new ability too. I can't wait to see what the abilities are. Hope they are new ones.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I'm fairly interested in what these abiilities will be and does this expand on to other region starters.

Maybe something old, which is more than likely true, or a newer ability to be introduced, which I'm hoping for. This is so exciting.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    I like Overgrowth for in-game purposes, especially for a pokemon with as high a Sp.Atk as Venusaur. You think it's almost dead, but Giga Drain will restore like half of it's health. XD

I'm guessing Chlorophyll for the Bulbasaur family, Flash Fire for the Charmander family, and Swift Swim for the Squirtle family. :P
    I'd like those abilities, actually :D.

Years
    This will bring huge change in competitive play for people who will use those Pokémon. It'll be quite nice if they changed it into new abilities. c:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Oh wow. B/W sure sounds interesting. Pokemon with different abilities? I want a Charmander with Flash Fire. xD

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    Blastoise with Swift Swim seems like a good ability for have in my opinion. New abilities seem like a good idea, they could add a new edge to competitive battling if they are decent enough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back