• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Kanto Trading Card Game

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2021
    What is it?
    Kanto Trading Card Game is my second hacking attempt and was done over the weekend, so take some things with a grain of salt. The game is essentially an overhaul of Pokemon Trading Card Game for the GBC to match Pokemon Red/Blue.

Kanto Trading Card Game
    Kanto Trading Card Game
    Kanto Trading Card Game
    Kanto Trading Card Game

What's new?
    1. All Pokemon cards have been modified to have any of the following: new attacks, HP, energy requirements. Most of these cards resemble cards from the Gym Heroes/Gym Challenge series
    2. All cards and trainers have received custom sprite work
    3. Sprite work that is not custom has been used from Pokemon Red/Blue for effect!
    4. Club Masters and Grand Masters have been replaced with Kanto Gym Leaders and Elite Four; Ronald replaced with Blue
    5. Dialogue changes to reflect these changes

Kanto Trading Card Game
    Kanto Trading Card Game
    Kanto Trading Card Game
    Kanto Trading Card Game

Where is it?
    Download the Patch here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/q21rpurudxqtyri/kantotcg1.2.ips/file

Kanto Trading Card Game
    Kanto Trading Card Game
    Kanto Trading Card Game
    Kanto Trading Card Game

Like I said, this is the second time I've attempted to hack a full game on my own, so I'm still learning and there may be some inconsistencies in the text, please let me know. I look forward to continuing to make Pokemon TCG hacks a thing, though, and would appreciate any help possible. Reach me on Twitter @ContentlyF

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Thank you for making this ContentlyForlorn. I've been waiting years for a hack like this and it got me through a long airplane ride yesterday.

This is already impressive but I'd be curious to see if this could be taken even further - like could more cards or more of a postgame be added?

The game gets really easy by the end but maybe the AI can't be improved.

Gengar's attack doesn't work if your opponent has no Pokemon on the bench. I don't think that's intentional but maybe I'm wrong. Also Kingler's retreat cost is like 20.

Chansey is extremely cheap. She fits into every deck and got me through the whole game. After beating the game I admit I used Gameshark to get more promo Mew (the one that does 40 damage for two energies) and Mewtwo (the other "Do the Wave" attacker) cards to make a stupidly cheap deck.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2024
    This is still so amazing to see after all these years that finally someone has hacked this. Are there any plans to update it further?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2023
    i tried to patch the european rom with lunar ips but i get an error when i try to start the game.
    Is it a known bug? do i have to use another rom?

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • So first of all, I want to say that this game is great! Yes there are a few attacks that don't do what they say, but I had an absolute blast revisiting this nostalgic game. You implimented everything superbly.

I hopped back into this account to ask how you did this. See, I'm also interested in hacking this (or its sequel) to alter the cards for balance changes in order to make more strategies viable. As far as I can tell, you (and myabe one other person) are the only one who has been able to hack the GB TCG game, so if you would share how you were able to do that with me, it would be greatly appreicated!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    >Be me
    >Try playing the original earlier today and felt it was a hidden gem
    >A few hours in I got really frustrated with status effects (sleep, confusion, etc.). Holy shit they're tedious.
    >Wanted to see if anyone hacked the game to take status conditions out.
    >Found this hack instead
    >Absolutely LOVING the pixel art

Haven't beaten it yet but I'll give a proper review once I do. How easy would you say it was to hack this game?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Very cool hack idea. Working on a similar non-hack project myself so I'll have to check this out, but the pixel art in the screenshots is nice.

Back