• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Katy Perry to perform supposed diss track to Taylor Swift at Super Bowl on 2/1

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm not very fond of katy perry, I mean she's alright and she can sing a pop song cool.. I think they should've picked Sam Smith or Bruno Mars. As much as I love Bruno I really think they shou;d've picked Sam Smith with his rising popularity it would've been nice to see him up there. If they would have picked Bruno you would get great half-time entertainment and some pretty good music (even if it's kinda old).

Bruno Mars did the super bowl last year...

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    Bruno Mars did the super bowl last year...
    I forgot about that, I thought it was Madonna but she must've been 2013. However, I still think Sam Smith should have gotten the gig for the Super Bowl this year.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I forgot about that, I thought it was Madonna but she must've been 2013. However, I still think Sam Smith should have gotten the gig for the Super Bowl this year.
    Madonna was 2012.
    Beyonce was 2013.
    Bruno Mars was 2014.

Reactions: dad

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Other than the Zoid she came riding in on, Katy Perry did what she's good at doing. Entertaining and being herself. She's a fantastic entertainer. On stage and off.

I thought it was great.

Last edited:
    Years
    ...So she didn't perform this diss track we were anticipating. Instead, she was the same tasteless and stupid Katy Perry she's always been. You know what? It was something I could get down to. I did really like Bruno Mars' halftime show last year, though.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    The dancing sharks were the best part of Katy Perry's set.

Reading some of my peers, friends, and acquaintances, posts regarding the halftime show, they are all universally aligned on Katy Perry being the bad leg of the thing. Safe to say, Katy Perry does what she does best - trying hard to entertain but she still can't sing on live for sh1ts and giggles. My dog could sing a better set than her on live.

Spoiler:

Years
    I think she's an ok singer, but that's just about it. Not extremely good, but definitely not horrible.

But yeah, my favorite part of the Super Bowl was the sharks, specifically the one who messed up the dancing.

Katy Perry to perform supposed diss track to Taylor Swift at Super Bowl on 2/1

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It's like she tried to make a SFW version of Miley Cyrus's MTV VA 2013 awards performance. At least the inexplicable shark people were kind-of cute?

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I think the performance was great. I've seen her before in concert, and my, she knows how to put on a show.

Missy Elliot was the highlight for me, though.

Back