• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Keep (repurpose) or Toss

Years
  • Pokemon has a lot of items in the games and some are just so dang specific that they are kinda useless.
    In this game the user above you will state an item. You then choose to Keep the item (and if so whether to repurpose it or not) or toss it. Then you state an item for the next user.
    Repurpose is basically just altering something about the item. This could be a condition that needs to be met for it to function or just what the item does. Repurposing is optional!

For an example of what I mean by repurpose: the Zoom lens. A held item that increases a mons accuracy by 20%, but only if it moves last.
    You could repurpose this by removing the condition that it needs to move last:
    "Keep, but repurpose it by having it increase a mons accuracy by 20%, regardless of when it moves."
    Or perhaps you'd rather increase the accuracy a bit more to 30%?
    "Keep, but repurpose it by increasing the accuracy to 30%."
    (or you could do both)

Another example: Shiny stone. An evolution stone used by only 4 mons. Why not change what it does entirely:
    "Keep, but repurpose by making it a held item that increases the odds of finding a wild encounter shiny!"

If you need inspiration for items, you could look at Serebii's ItemDex

So to start things off: Normal Gem

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Oh cool idea.

Would keep and not repurpose, gems are perfectly fine the way they work.

Heavy Duty Boots

Years
  • Keep, but repurpose by increasing the physical attack power boost a bit. 10% is a bit on the low side imo. 20% would be more worthwhile.

Guard Spec.

Years
  • Hmmm... I don't think I've actually ever used one tbh.... 😅
    I always go back to the Pokemon Center as often as possible to save money xD
    And later on in the game you have access to Full Heals and no longer need them...
    There's also berries for curing Burns...

So I think I'll toss.

Grip Claw

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    Hum... I think you are in the wrong session, so I will continue from the previous one.

Grip Claw = Keep and let it as it is

Big Root

Years
  • Never actually used it so had to look up what it did =p
    Sounds pretty balanced as is tbh.

Keep as it is.

Terrain Extender

Years
  • Think it's fine honestly. It's pretty niche but still can catch people off guard especially in VGC, Keep overall

Room Service

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    I didn't play SwSh, so I don't know this item in a real situation, but it seems to be interesting and ok, so I will keep it as it is, as long as it lowers your speed only during Trick Room and then revert back, otherwise, this would be my change.

Shed Shell

Years
  • Really niche item imo.
    It's basically for tricking it onto you opponent right?

I think I'll toss it, since I think I'd never ever use it.

Honey

Years
  • Keep as is.
    Although I usually just run back to a PokeCenter these things can come in handy if you're on a lengthy route and don't want to turn back.

Toxic Orb

Back