• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kids in this generation.

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    I'm a board game enthusiast after watching the YouTube show TableTop, and I've been trying my very best to promote great games to my friends in school. It's pretty neat - got about five games now (Betrayal at House on the Hill, Yedo, Catan, Sheriff of Nottingham etc) and I've got like fifteen people into my games.

I'm guilty of using the phone sometimes too, but I know when to put it down to socialize. One thing that really bothers me is that well, I meet these friends from time to time as my mother's friends with theirs. There's this girl that I might be interested in (not sure yet, but I want to talk more) but she just keeps playing on her phone and messaging other friends and I can't...I can't even get her to put it down. Honestly guys, you need to socialize when friends drop by like once a year. ._.

Spacy

Visitor from beyond...
    Years
  • There are things on the Internet, PEOPLE on the Internet, that young children should not be exposed to. Other then that I don't think it's much of a problem.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Saying nothing about family, I feel that some kids in this newer generation are definitely less disciplined and lack boundaries that I as a kid was taught exist. This mainly lies with the parenting, but the parenting has become in this day and age quite lax, and parents don't really care what their children do and experience any more. For example, I was sitting in KFC with my friends and I overheard a bunch of 10 year olds (primary school kids, no older) asking each other for cigarettes and lighters. That's one thing, but some kids have very poor attitudes towards the world and the things in it. Some are also very ungrateful.

Mainly this lies with the parents, but hey, what can you do? I just hope I'll be a better parent and teach my children the importance of common decency and boundaries.

Schwarzer Regen

imagine my name in a fancy color/font, I'm just po
    Years
  • I want to know what happened that pretty much anything under my age has turned into packs of obnoxious brats

I mean seriously; just Monday there was that kid, probably not even seventh grade who called a classmate (grade 11) a bi*** for unknown reason and laughed just so horrifyingly face punch worthy too...

Not to mention how phones seem to spread around like a wildfire, there doesn't seem to be a minimum age for them anymore x.x

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    To be fair to the younger generation they only act as they were taught. When I was growing up my mom worked a lot so I had a lot of time starting at a young age to act as I saw fit. This is probably why I don't pay much mind to those ignorant little brats talkin **** because well I was one of them. I was a grade A punk up until my first year out of highschool where I realized the stars and planets didn't revolve around me, and too be sure I bet any kid growing up will learn this (I hope) but there are plenty of adults around me who still haven't gotten that memo so ce la vie. As for gaming well I was glued to a gameboy or tv screen much the way they are now the only difference was I didn't get a phone until I got a job. My only fear with this is normal healthy face-to-face human interaction may someday be lost but I suppose that's the price of progress.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Greek philosophers complained about how rude, selfish, and hasty that time's youth were. This is something that's been going on for centuries, where the older generation looks down of the current young people as being worse off. No doubt these kids people are complaining about now will one day scoff at the attitude they see in the generations after them, the cycle never ends.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think it's something that people are always going to think....if we grew up with this amount of technology, we (or our generation) would be doing the same things (being glued to screens), so no use in judging others. just because we didn't doesn't mean we wouldn't.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I feel this is appropriate to the discussion:

Kids in this generation.

Lucid

I know I'm older then most of you guys, but this doesn't bother me what so ever. I was born in 1990, I didn't have a computer till 1999, my first cell wasn't till 2007. Idk, when I see people my age complaining about kids with fancy pads and phones, I just feel like it's severe passive aggression because our generation is just so screwed and everyone is so ****ing broke. None of you really want to hold a life discussion with a 5 year old anyway, so if it distracts them and keeps them quiet, cool. As long as I'm not being blatantly ignored or disrespected in favor of one, I don't have any issue with them. I was on the computer way to much as a kid myself, it just wasn't mobile and in your face. I think the way we spoil kids now is way easier to shove everyone's faces in as well. I just think it's more "wtf does this kindergartener have a nicer phone then me, screw this" and less concern over society.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think kids today act the same as kids did 30 years ago. There will always be kids that are well behaved and kids that are spoiled; parenting has not changed at all and a lot of time at younger age kids will develop behavior based off of their parent's disciple of them. I do think that kids are more into electronics these days, and I don't see anything wrong with that. However, going outside and exercise needs to be incorporated with that, that goes along with discipline as well. I remember that when I was younger I played cards and other games too. However I also lived outside. However, I also was in South America and times were different haha.

Back