• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Kill It!" Favorite Boss Battles

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    What are your favorite video game boss battles?

One of mine is Stallord from LoZ Twilight Princess. Not only was it from one of the coolest dungeon designs in my opinion, but the battle took one of the most useless items in gaming history and made a very unique and interesting boss battle out of it.
    Spoiler:

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    The final one in GTA V is really fun and so is the final one in Saints Row the Third. You go all around the city killing bad people but the fact you have the entire city is fun.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really liked going up against Demise in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The place where you fought him was pretty interesting, and the Demise himself was pretty challenging, too. Took me almost a week to finally get him beaten. Now, though, whenever I fight hum, he's not that tough anymore; guess I've gotten a little used to his moves and all. xD"

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    It's really fun to combo the hell out of Fassad in Mother 3. No matter which time it is that you fight him, it's great just beating him up because he's such a jerk.

Years
    *****Spoiler*****

Savior or Safer Sephiroth form Final Fantasy VII because of the awesom music.

Also Death from the castlevania series, just a great boss before dracula.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
    Savior or Safer Sephiroth form Final Fantasy VII because of the awesom music.

Apparently, Safer Sephiroth is best known for his weapons of math destruction. (yes, math)

Aside from that, Larsa (Mushihimesama Futari), Hibachi (DoDonPachi), and Evaccaneer DOOM (Ketsui). Don't care how many times I die to them, nor how many continues I use. It's their attack patterns that gained notoriety on the internet. Either way, not only does these fights give me a great challenge, but it definitely keeps me out of boredom. Who knows, if you can at least stand up to it in the public audience, you just might get something out of it... (albeit not my intent, but I had others requesting to watch me attempt it in person...)

Years
    Bowletta from Mario & Luigi superstar saga. Just the fusion from cackletta and bowser looks awesome. The music is great and halfway you can even battle inside of her body.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    Oooo OOooo ooo.

I gotta go with the Great Grey Wolf Sif from Dark Souls.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Fighting the Ender Dragon in Minecraft? Lol, that took a hell lot of planning, and a lot of luck. I had to look into the internet 14 times for help.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Porky Minch! from the Earthbound series! It was fun having a handicap to using your bare fists and PSI moves that only attack 1 enemy (basically leaving you to just PSI Freeze; most of the others hit more than one. If you used one of those, it got bounced back ;-;)

That, and the battle against Kogasa Tatara and Flandre Scarlet in Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object's Stage 2/Extra and Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil Extra modes respectively. They were just fun to battle, particularly Flandre. Her Agatha Christie references (even in her damn theme song, U.N Owen was Her?) make her quite the different character to the rest of the series, while Kogasa's character's, well...like a ghost's. More the stereotyped ghost, the one that goes around scaring people. "Boo!" has become her catchphrase. Especially in the extra stage, where she serves as the mid boss. She basically surprises you out of nowhere.

Along with that, Princess Shroob from Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time. She's amazingly strong, and Elder Shroob's even stronger...at least her theme's just fantastic.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    My favorite boss battles are probably the Auditio in Bayonetta: Fortitudo, Temperantia, Iustitia and Saptientia. They're super difficult, awful being you feel great satisfaction in murdering and their tactics vary so it doesn't feel like the same battle over and over. I also enjoyed battling against the Boss's Cobra Unit for many of the same reasons as the Auditio. Also all of the bosses in the original Paper Mario were great! And of course to finish it off the initial battle against my favorite black mage Seymour in FFX was so shocking that it still resonates with me to this day.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    The hardest boss battle, koff~

That would have to be Colonel Mael Radec on Elite. Mael Radec is not only the most competent military leader in the Helghast regime, he's also the most lethal. Never before have I seen an FPS game where the baddie successfully terminates several main characters singlehandedly. Jan Templar, Evelyn, Garza, the entire crew of the New Sun, and if you weren't there to pick up his hary bum, Rico would be added to the list as well. Oh, and he also nuked the city of Pyrrhus to kill the ISA invaders. Killzone 2 remains as the hardest FPS game I have ever played. Radec is cool, koffi~

edit: Radec is so Bad, that there is even a trophy, Demon Slayer, for killing him in less than 20 minutes. And that's not easy on the higher difficulties.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    Best boss battle ever was Akylios in Rift ... when it was current content. He was like the end boss of a gigantic 12 boss dungeon. The fight was 30 minutes long and if you got close and wiped you had to start all over again. This required teamwork with 20 other people and had three platforms you had to jump to. If you fell you died and were permanently out of the fight. It took several months for anyone to kill, and most players didn't actually kill this boss until the next level of content was released. I still miss Akylios.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    "But does it matter? I am so gonna kick your ass." - Yuri
    "No no no no, I'm gonna kick your ass." - Flynn

Yuri vs Flynn. Tales of Vesperia. More specifically the PS3 version.

One vs. One. Mano-a-mano. Seriously, one of the best boss fights in all of the Tales series. It's two good rivals going against each other. Depending on the difficulty you're on, one mess up could possibly make you lose the fight. Honestly, it was heart-pounding the first time I did this fight on Hard as I don't think I was particularly high-level, and PS3 Flynn is a lot harder than 360 Flynn. Plus, the kick ass battle theme, Fury Sparks is playing in the background.

I actually keep a save file that's just before this boss battle if I ever want to play it again LOL.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Come on PC, you're slipping. How are these two not mentioned yet?

Koloktos - Zelda: Skyward Sword

The End - Metal Gear Solid 3

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Come on PC, you're slipping. How are these two not mentioned yet?

Koloktos - Zelda: Skyward Sword

That is easily the best boss fight in Skyward Sword. =)

...but ya know, out of all the bosses I've fought, I'm not sure what my favorite boss battle is.

Scandalice

now known as Sukyandaru
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2015
    I enjoyed the battle with Hooktail in Paper Mario: TTYD, a badge being her weakness was interesting. Cortez from the same game was tricky but fun to fight with all of his body parts. Rawk Hawk had amazing battle music!

Also any battle with Zagi in Tales of Vesperia. His insanity and what he says makes everything that much better.
    "I am going to kill you and carve your name into my blood!"

Reactions: Nah
    Back