• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kimi's Awesomeness Showcase. :D

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
Years
  • Yeah see, I've been a little better with graphics so I thought I would start a gallery to show what I've done so far. I plan on doing more later.

I also use GIMP too so alot of the stuff I can do is somewhat limited. XD

Spoiler:

I'll try to add more later. critique is welcome but try not to be mean... I work hard with doing these graphics and sometimes they lead to bouts of massive frustration. XD

Last edited:

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
  • I'm not a big fan of pink *cough*is, too. I'm just too manly to admit it.*weeze-hack*, but I love the first one. 8D Did you use a noise filter for the BG or is that a texture?

The second one is nice also, but I think it'd be better if you put a drop shadow on the text layer.
    Same thing for the third banner.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • Just a heads up Kimi, you need at least 4 more or graphics to start a showcase. :x

As for your graphics, I like the effects on the first one. The second one is good, it has some sort of depth but it's still a bit plain. But the last one, I don't really like the effects on that one. But I do notice you seem to make graphics of a square size, which is fair enough, it's your style, but maybe you should try other size canvas's too. Though all these graphics are the same colour, might want to expand on that too.

Either than that, I'd say you're improving. Especially the first one. So keep it up.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I've actually been making alot of banners for my forums too. I haven't used this particular style like for the first one but it wouldn't hurt too.

I didn't use my usual texture on the second one which is why it came out to plain. I guess I forgot to do so but I might remake it later if I remember. XD

Anyway, I'm off to make more of them to practice with.

Back