• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kinda of cards to get from a booster pack?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    I tried looking on Google but all i could find is this.

Originally 11 cards per booster pack - 1 rare card, 3 uncommons, and 7 commons. With the release of the E-Series, it became 9 cards per booster - 5 commons, 2 uncommons, 1 reverse holo, and 1 rare. Became 10 cards after the release of Diamond and Pearl with 3 uncommons instead of 2.

That is a start, but I need to know out of the uncommons and commons how many are energy, Pokemon, or trainer cards, or does it not matter? Also what order do they come in as the first card being the first card you see the front of from the pack.

Years
  • The number of Pokemon, Trainers, and Energy varies randomly per pack, although some cards are more common than others in certain areas by random happenstance.

And I think the first card you see is usually a common.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Certain cards are more common in different boosters, different countries and different manufacture dates, but the amount of energies, trainers, pokemon and stadium cards is random throughout each pack you open. I'm not sure if there is a set order or anything like that since in the last pack I opened the first card was rare, the next common and the next holo. :s Unless this was a packaging issue...

Years
  • Certain cards are more common in different boosters, different countries and different manufacture dates, but the amount of energies, trainers, pokemon and stadium cards is random throughout each pack you open. I'm not sure if there is a set order or anything like that since in the last pack I opened the first card was rare, the next common and the next holo. :s Unless this was a packaging issue...

It might vary from set to set, though it also depends on how you open the pack.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    It might vary from set to set, though it also depends on how you open the pack.

Ahah, didn't actually think of that - you're probably right there. Still, I don't see why they'd put them in a set order?

Years
  • Well the current booster packs have: 1 rare, 1 reverse holo, about 6 common cards, and about 2 trainer cards.

Er, trainer cards aren't guaranteed. The current pack ratios are, and have been for quite a while: 1 rare, 1 reverse holo of any card in the set or a special rare, 3 uncommons, and 5 or commons. Trainers and energy are inserted into packs randomly based on their rarity.

Last edited:
    Back