• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Thread

Chaocobo

King of Chaos and Chocobos
    Years
    What would you like to see in KH3?
    I would like:

Co-op Mode
    More Playable Characters than Sora. (Like Roxas, Riku .etc)
    MORE CREATIVE WORLDS AND KEYBLADES!! (Like maybe a Fantasia 2000 world. Just imagine fighting that Pheonix!)

Absent

Absent > You
    Years
    PIXAR WORLDS.

More specifically:
    -Toy Story
    -Monster's Inc.
    -A Bug's Life
    -The Incredibles

Also, other Disney worlds, such as:
    -The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    -Atlantis
    -Lilo & Stitch
    -The Emporer's New Groove

And I agree with the whole "more creative keyblades". Not so sure about the playable characters, though... I think if it was available too often, it'd drive away from the initial game.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Just to let you guys know, the game will take place in the past, sora story is over, and roxas went back inside of sora. the story will about the creation of the keyblade, or something about a keyblade war but other than that its highly connected to Xehanort. but im not 100% sure if everything is in the past, i think there may be some events in the future as well.(ahead of kh2)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    hmmm... if its in the past... then who would the playable character be?
    I mean..it does't matter...I'd buy it no matter what. ^^;
    But first it would help to get a PS3.... x___x

Ice Kid

Master of Ice Pokemon!
    Years
    I was hoping for a 2 player mode, where someone else plays as donald of goofy(or whoever it is in KH3) and I was hoping for worlds from other Video games, but they would need a lot of liscences... and Drew: You can't beat Demyx?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2006
    First of all, Sora and Riku arent probably alive yet. Second, the story is centered around Xehanort and his past, his memories. There also is supposed keyblade war going on with only a handful of true keyblades if you've seen the secret KH3 cutscene after the ending credits of KH2. The both games before KH3 hint around the story of KH3. For example, in KH1 Sora had heard that the keyblade wrought desruction and chaos but also saved the lands(theres a third thing it did but I cant remember but thwew were 3 keyblades for each path. As seen in the secret ending of KH2), KH3 goes more into that. In KH2, there is a cutscene with King Mickey, Ansem the Wise, and Xehanort. Ansem wants to stop conducting experiments on the heart because he learns that the heart can be highly unpredictable and powerful. Xehanort has no ideas that he want to do regarding the heart and Ansem tells him to stop immediatly. Xehanort does not stop and finds something to open the door to Radiant Garden(possibly a keyblade) and takes 2 other acomplices with him(the other 2 key wielders possibly in the cutscene). But this is just a guess....

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2006
    You know from hints in the current games and secret endings. Thats how most of us know. You just have to pay alot of attention to the story.

Chaocobo

King of Chaos and Chocobos
    Years
    Kh On Psp!! Zomg!!!

I was reading Electronic Magazine:
    " Square Enix is working on a PSP Kingdom Hearts."
    They also hinted on an 'Indcredibles" World. They said excactly this.
    " It wouldn't be a surprise if Disney's incredible friend Pixar joined the party."

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    DragonMaster Azyo said:
    You know from hints in the current games and secret endings. Thats how most of us know. You just have to pay alot of attention to the story.
    I knew,I just thought you guys were getting more info on game places or something.....

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I've still (sadly) yet to place any of the games. But the whole reason I wanted to play the original was to experience playing through classic Disney movies. I have less of a desire to play KHII because of the inclusion of Pirates and Tron, which are not classics. One is there just because it's popular, but 20 years from now it won't be unlike the one's included in it's predecessor. And I have no idea why Tron was there.

If they include stuff Lilo & Stitch (even though Stitch is already kind of there and I hate that because it's such an overrated movie), Atlantis, and the Emperor's New Groove - which are so far from Disney classics, then Square would just be reaching. I think that after Tarzan was released, nothing from Disney was worthy of being called a "Disney Classic" or "Disney Masterpiece".

Going into direct to video sequels is iffy too.

But Pixar...Toy Story could be fun. A Bug's Life could have some nice mazes. But other than that, I can't see anything working.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Ok first of all, where did you find out about it (KHIII) being a prequel? According to bluelaguna, it's supposed to either be Riku's story, or something that has nothing to do with the current story arc ala Final Fantasy (Tetsuya Nomura apparently wants it to not be a numbered sequel, but another adventure entirely). But that's just a little thing.

Tron WAS a classic, being the FIRST EVER movie to use CGI in such abundance.

As far as KH III goes, Disney should use Pixar worlds, and maybe some former Saban (some consider Saban to be the Mel Brooks of television) worlds could show up if they can get the proper permission. SPC and The Tick come to mind here.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I think it may have been at KH3.com or whatever it is. You can find the link at Kingdom Hearts Insider.

I wish for different battle system and screen movement. The screen movement makes me ltierally want to throw up, much like Halo, and the battle system PWNs me within the millisecond. < <;; Watch as miniscule heartless kill Sora as I play, while Sora is unable to lay a finger on those accursed heartless. That is the story of the game, when Bell plays. >_< *Stabs real-time battling*

Turn-based is much better for me, as I can plan strategically, and even though that's not the way a real battle would work, and even though that leaves little thrill in the battling system, Bell could care less. Screen movements shouldn't be so twisty turny IMO.

And, I have heard that it has nothing to do with Sora, Riku, and Kairi. But it's just a rumor. It's supposedly about some people entirely different, and Sora's story is apparently over.

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    I personally think it's a prequel. None of our hints hint anything about a future, and besides, a prequel WOULD be a new story arc. Remember, it has to be connected to KH some way or another, but since it's been proven through interviews that it's no longer Sora's story, it must be a prequel. 'Sides. I'd want to play as someone I'm familiar with. (Xehanort? Ienzo? I dunno, these are just guesses.)
    But one thing's for certain- They're not gonna stray from the mostly-Disney path. And note that Nomura is clever . . . They came up with unexpected worlds before. (Tron? Steamboat Willie? Cool!) Pixar is a possibility. (There's also a far-off, remote possibility of Studio Ghibli((MIYAZAKI!!)) films being included, too!)
    We know it's not gonna tie into FF. That's a fact.

Well, enough ranting. I'm just a rabid, detail-obsessing fan, that's all.:3 KHis my Passion, after all! *shot* xDDDDDD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Ugh...you all should realize that Disney isn't the kind of company to just drop a character......

And what about the letter in the ending of KH2? And Kairi's new Keyblade?...I've been over this twice before and I'm kinda sick of it...

...But the idea of a PSP game is interesting...THAT may be your "war game"...but it'll only be to the series what Chain of Memories was.

Chuchino

♪ ♥ ♫
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2012
    If Sora and Riku aren't in KH3, I'll.. I'll.. I'll..

I don't know what I'll do ;A;

There is no charm to KH without those two. None at all. *is a grumpy fangirl*

Besides, if you haven't seen the end of KH2 yet, King Mickey DID send Sora that letter. Although it was ambiguous enough as an ending, I think they'll be continuing Sora's story if they continue at all.

No one would play a Kingdom Hearts with some old dude in a metal suit was running around beating up prehistoric Heartless.

Okay.. I wouldn't, at least >_<;;

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    very true, that letter must mean something, they can't just drop the sora story at a cliffhanger of a letter!!! Besides if square Enix stops there, they will lose ALOT of KH fans(myself included). I believe that KH is unlike FF, in which it is not the type of game you should drop after the origin story of the first games , they did alot of work on the characters to make them engrossing and they should'nt just dump em away after the second installment, they should continue on with them in the third game.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ......You can hunt for the other KH2 threads to find my response to this...the more that I think about it, the more certain I am that I'm right...

Back