• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

~Dai-kun~

The black wind howls again...
Years
  • I didn't see a thread about this surprisingly and thought "Why not?", heres the Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance thread! If you didn't already see one of the trailers for it here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BssrlR_rdFc

I know it came out a month ago but i when i viewed it recently i was hype for it. Especially with the appearance of the TWEWY (The World Ends With You) characters in Traverse Town, carrying the tradition of other Square Enix characters residing in the area. Feel free to discuss your own views and opinions on this game ^_^

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Japan's about to get this game on the 29th, but NA/EU hasn't been issued a release date yet.

I'm interested in knowing more about this game. I loved the Kingdom Hearts game on the DS but couldn't stand the one on the PSP (That voice acting... ugh).
    Hopefully they'll give the option to adjust voice volume/turn it off.

It's looking pretty good so far though! I like seeing the TWEWY characters in it.
    I wish they'd go ahead an make a new Kingdom Hearts song for these newer games, as they've overused the one from KH 1/2, but they only seem to do that with main games and not spin offs.

Really I wish they'd just go ahead and release KH3. When will it come Square?! When? D:

~Dai-kun~

Years
  • I agree with the song thing, however BBS is counted as a main game too and they kept the KH 1 theme for that. I think they'll only create a new theme song for games that hit consoles.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • .__. I might have just ordered a Japanese 3DS and preordered the game yesterday. I had almost convinced myself to just wait for the English release but... couldn't.

I'm so excited. Like, words cannot even describe. I'm excited for almost every single thing about it. The only thing I'm a little worried about is that they've said the battle system is a bit of a combination of Days and Re:Coded's and I hated Re:Coded's attempt at adapting BBS's command system to the DS but... I'm sure they'll do a better job of it this time? Either way, I can't wait to see where the story is going with this. Also, TWEWY. Best game ever.

Also, about the songs, I heard they're reusing the same ones because Utada refuses to do more of them until Disney pays her more but they're being stingy. That was the rumour a few years ago, anyway, and I assume they just don't want to splurge on games that aren't the numbered releases... even though that's disappointing because I feel some of the "spinoffs" are better games than the main entries. Oh well.

~Dai-kun~

Years
  • .__. I might have just ordered a Japanese 3DS and preordered the game yesterday. I had almost convinced myself to just wait for the English release but... couldn't.

I'm so excited. Like, words cannot even describe. I'm excited for almost every single thing about it. The only thing I'm a little worried about is that they've said the battle system is a bit of a combination of Days and Re:Coded's and I hated Re:Coded's attempt at adapting BBS's command system to the DS but... I'm sure they'll do a better job of it this time? Either way, I can't wait to see where the story is going with this. Also, TWEWY. Best game ever.

Also, about the songs, I heard they're reusing the same ones because Utada refuses to do more of them until Disney pays her more but they're being stingy. That was the rumour a few years ago, anyway, and I assume they just don't want to splurge on games that aren't the numbered releases... even though that's disappointing because I feel some of the "spinoffs" are better games than the main entries. Oh well.

Well the 3DS has an altered control scheme compared to Ds so the BBS system might work better now. As for Utada, shes on a hiatus thats why they can't get a new song from her but what you said might be an additional factor. I really wanna see how Neku and Joshua play out as support characters o:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Well the 3DS has an altered control scheme compared to Ds so the BBS system might work better now. As for Utada, shes on a hiatus thats why they can't get a new song from her but what you said might be an additional factor. I really wanna see how Neku and Joshua play out as support characters o:

She been hiatus since 2006? I doubt that. She might be on hiatus now. But it doesnt matter I guess, I like those 2 songs if people dont like it they can skip the opening. lol.

Also I am also importing the game, I have my JPN 3DS already, Now I need to preorder or wait cause idk if imma have the money by next week :/ depends if my check comes in next week, if it does I'll preorder right away and yeah. but I will definitely get the game in the end of march or first week of April.

~Dai-kun~

Years
  • Someone might end up doing a little translation for it, like how they did it for BBS:FM

Cherrim

Years
  • I don't know if a translation will be bothered with. I mean, even I could easily translate the menus and put up a guide if it was needed but what was impressive with BBS:FM was that they altered the ROM image so quickly with the menu translations and everything. D: But since the 3DS can't be emulated (yet), that won't be possible.

~Dai-kun~

Years
  • I don't know if a translation will be bothered with. I mean, even I could easily translate the menus and put up a guide if it was needed but what was impressive with BBS:FM was that they altered the ROM image so quickly with the menu translations and everything. D: But since the 3DS can't be emulated (yet), that won't be possible.

A man can dream can't he? :'(

Cherrim

Years
  • :'( That he can. Though with a guide to glance at, menus aren't that difficult anyway. :P If you learn the katakana alphabet, you can play video games no problem since all you end up doing is sounding out English words anyway, haha.

I can't wait to see Neku and Sora interacting. :D I remember the first time I played TWEWY, all I could think was "wow, Neku looks kind of like Sora but he's completely different. What would happen if they met?" And now I get to find out. Never thought that would happen. xD;

~Dai-kun~

Years
  • Yeah, its a refresher from seeing FF characters all the time -____- i mean we might end up seeing Lightning most likely just because of her popularity but seeing Neku and friends in KH just makes my froggin day X)

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
    Years
  • I also cannot wait for kh3d. Having beat twewy yesterday (i'm playing it as i type now lol), i have only one question: how will they animate Beat's "BWAAAAAAAAH!" in, well, 3d animation, as compared to the almost completely 2d style of twewy? Just makes me curious lol

Cherrim

Years
  • Yeah, its a refresher from seeing FF characters all the time -____- i mean we might end up seeing Lightning most likely just because of her popularity but seeing Neku and friends in KH just makes my froggin day X)
    I think if she were in this one, they'd have advertised her endlessly by now. xD; We probably have to wait for the next one but you're definitely right that she'll be in it. Probably Serah too because Japan was obsessed with her well before XIII-2 even came out. :P

It is also nice that we're getting more than just FF. I wonder if this means the doors are open for all Square-Enix characters? I might have to go play all the Dragon Quest games, haha.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I'm just excited to see the ending of KH3D. Nomura said in for the credits to not miss anything, there is something important in the credits. But having Rhyme, and Neku in this game will make everything amazing. I do have a friend who is mad that TWEWY characters are going be in the game she is upset that now know one will know where they are from but only in KH. But everyone i know who loves KH knowa TWEWY, and plus it has journals where the characters are from. But still Im happy that they are gonna make appearances

Cherrim

Years
  • Haha, the first time I heard about the monster system in 3D, I was almost furious with how dumb it sounded.

And then I realized how much I like those kinds of things and now it's probably the thing I'm looking forward to the most aside from plot.

8D;

Years
  • It is also nice that we're getting more than just FF. I wonder if this means the doors are open for all Square-Enix characters? I might have to go play all the Dragon Quest games, haha.

Ugh, no Dragon Quest @_@ I love DQ, and I love KH, but putting the two of them together...do not want. Although it might give DQ the popularity boost it needs in the West, and I could see them crossing the Monster games with the Dream Eater thing, but still...>>

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised to have finally found a thread for this that isn't endlessly bashing SE for making more "useless" spin-offs. It seems like everywhere else I go everyone is either saying "lolKHsux" or "Y THEY KEEP MAKING THESE CRAP GAMES THAT DO NOTHING FOR THE STORY".

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Ugh, no Dragon Quest @_@ I love DQ, and I love KH, but putting the two of them together...do not want. Although it might give DQ the popularity boost it needs in the West, and I could see them crossing the Monster games with the Dream Eater thing, but still...>>

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised to have finally found a thread for this that isn't endlessly bashing SE for making more "useless" spin-offs. It seems like everywhere else I go everyone is either saying "lolKHsux" or "Y THEY KEEP MAKING THESE CRAP GAMES THAT DO NOTHING FOR THE STORY".

Truth be told, i'm kinda like that with KH sometimes, but at the same time I can't complain. I enjoy the games far too much (granted they don't fully whip out the card system again). x]

Cherrim

Years
  • (I miss the card system. :c)

I sort of feel the same way about all the spin-offs/side games but then I realize I'd rather have something to play that's related to the series rather than waiting out the 6 or 7 years for KH3 to be developed with nothing.

._. I am exactly the kind of fan Square-Enix likes. *sigh*

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • It's not that I didn't like the card system so much as I felt that it maybe could have been in another Square game rather than KH. I was alright with the system, since it reminded me of Lost Kingdoms/Megaman Battle Network, but I thought it was out of place in a KH game.

P.S.
    I am in love with these CG cutscene shots from KH3D. ;_;
    I'm suprised i'm not seeing these used in signatures and avatars yet.
    http://nintendo3dsblog.com/a-few-screenshots-from-the-opening-movie-for-kingdom-hearts-3d

They made Xion so pretty!
    Riku looks like a plastic toy, though.

Back