• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Koa's new hopefully will remain unlocked art thread. :(

KingofAnime

Now with 80% more awesome!
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    I was unaware of the whole 30 day thing so a new topic will rise from the ashes. :)

Anywho, at Smogon, there recently was a series of "Create-A-Pokemon" threads, where the entire community came together and went through an elaborate process to create a brand new pokemon from scratch. In one part of the polls, there was an art stage where artists submitted their possible designs for what the pokemon was to possibly look like given that its typing was to be Ice/Bug and designed as a mixed sweeper. My design was as follows:
    icebugsmall.png

(By the way, the winning design was made by the user Cyzir Visheen:
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...0564182fd9.jpg)

Well, seeing as how my design lost to the better man, I began work on spriting him, since this was one of the final stages for the pokemon to go through, now named Syclant. In order to sprite him by scratch, I had to draw him up in a pose of my own to serve as a good reference. Again, the design is Cyzir's I only redrew him in a different pose.
    icebugg.png

What does the sprite look like? You'll have to wait for me to update a sprite thread to see it. :|

After the success of Smogon's first "Create-A-Pokemon" threads, a second one is currently underway and our typing this time is Ghost/Fight. The role it will play is a physically balanced pokemon. Alot of folks hoped for him to be a Banette evo, but the final vote ruled against this. But to make those chaps happy, I drew up some possible Bannette evo designs.

Design one was probably the most lol. I didn't realize it at first when I drew him, but his robes and the puppet handle behind his back and the way his arms were stretched out like that made him look like he was Jesus being crucified. With that, I dubbed this "Ghost of Jesus"
    Banette-evo.png

Design two was closer to my central idea of mixing in a puppeteer theme, but the face kinda killed it for me. :(
    banetteevo.png

Design three was the final and best. I managed to not only express the puppeteer theme well, but I allowed him to be able to use the handle as a means for attacking and defending.
    bannevo.png

After the Banette evo ideas, I wanted to create some new Ghost/Fighting designs from scratch. This first one was reminiscent of a Viking Ghost, though that was unintentional as well. :/
    ghostfight.png

This next design is my favorite of all of them. I did everything very well because of a great inspiration I had for him. Tell me if you can guess what it was. :D
    mummra.png

The art design contest is still going on by the way, If you are interested in wanting to submit a good idea, you still have ample time.

This last picture is pretty random and kinda sucks. It's just a dragon. I hate humanshaped dragons more than anything so I really don't know why I drew him.
    Dragon.png

Also, I made a conceptual picture of Steelix showing him drawn in several pieces. This has a specific purpose in mind and I won't quite reveal it yet...
    Steelix_small.png

Tis all for now. :p

If you wanna see my older sketches, just check the first page of the older topic, I'll probably update later with it though...

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • The mummy ghost that you liked the best looks like the siren ghosts from Kingdom Hearts. I loved those things. That may not be your inspiration, but it still looks very similar.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    It's been so long since I played KH that I don't remember what those look like.
    Anywho, that was not my inspiration. :(

A hint though: It's gaze is known to freeze those who look upon it in fear.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    I thank you for your compliment.

I might do a request or two seeing how I'm so bored lately. :(

Update with a new sketch of Chansey. I'm going to start coloring this tomorrow.

chanser.png

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Heheh, I found some old gems in my old art binder. :)

This first one is a parody pic I made when PoR came out. I noticed there was an abnormally large amount of female enemies in this game. :o

It was hard fitting them all into a single piece of paper, so I scrunched them together and made it in the form of a TAG commercial. You can see where I grew bored of this pic and got lazy. You might not get this if you haven't played Portrait of Ruin or watched any Tag commercials.

womenofpor.png

This next one was an old self portrait I made. I was originally supposed to convey an emotion, so I chose fear. It wasn't until the next day that someone told me it looked like I was eating a large invisible hamburger that I really laughed at this:

timportrait.png

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    There are some nice ideas here.
    And i'm going to take a guess as to the inspiration of your Ghost/Fighting Mummyesque Pokémon design and say the Gibdo's from Zelda?

The Chansey looks cute too, sort of like a plushie.
    I think the egg in her pouch needs to be more 'egg-shaped' though, rather than the oval it is now, and her left foot appears to be at a slightly akward angle.. But that is my opinion however :3

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Yes, the inspiration were the gibdos. :)

3 more today.

These are all possible ideas of mine for a Fire/Grass type, which Is Smogon's CaP project number 3.

chilipeppers.png

seedpod.png

cockatrice.png

I like the third one the best. :)

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    My first colored Art. Another design for a Fire/Grass pokemon based off an Echidna.

echidnacolor.png

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Woah, there's a limit to how much you can post consecutively. x_x; Especially when it's on the same day, or the very next.

Let's try to keep the consecutive posting to a minimum, we have an edit button for a reason. The next time, you will receive an infraction for consecutive posting.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Nope, I use nothing but PHotoshop to do my work in.

Speaking of work, enjoy another!

Laprasfinal.png

I feel this is my best work to date.

Back