• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

KoA's pixels that make your computer go :O

KingofAnime

Now with 80% more awesome!
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Rectified a few palette issues and believe this to be my final rendition. I'm kinda done workin on this now...

Thundra_sheetcopy.png

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Wow, these are all spectacular. On the newest, maybe tone down the blue a tad? It's a little too bright for me..

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    CAP no. 8 looks really well done, but it's claws are too over the top if you ask me... It's probably to late to tell you that though

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Haha, I didn't know you had an account here KoA! I loved your design for CaP 7!

And I love your egg sprites!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    awesome sprites :O

your virus are awesome, and the CAP 8 Sprite looks good :)

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
  • there's really not much to crit here...

The eggs, although patterend unrealistically, are marvelous. I like the designs and the patterns though. The only thing here is that the shading seems...flat... i have encountered that same problem... especially eggs that have apendiges, there should be shading acommodating the parts, but there isn't... just one thing...

as for that big boss, my computer did not do much... but i went :O
    Great job on that!

As for the two newest, although they are not those retchid paint default colors... the tails are still a bit bright and eye paining... just my oppinion though...

Like i said, these are wonderful, i am truly impressed! Great job, keep up the great work, and...

Keep Spriting!

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Yeah, I'm usually exceptional at coming up with palettes, but the recent one gave me trouble for some reason, so I kinda left it be.

OF course I'm gonna continue spriting, though I'm prolly gonna move onto large pixelwork for a bit.

Vannah☆

Spriter
    Years
  • Not pokemon style, but these are amazing! Inspiring, even. I especially like the animation. Cap 3 needs a little work on the shading and lines though. ;)

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Your ghost/fighting is really stunning. Who doesn't love oversized arms, mysteriously missing legs, and eye-pleasing palletes? I especially like the patterning of the bandages. I've never managed to do them right.

Your other pixels are pretty, too. :3

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    I've been training myself in different sprite styles to improve myself overall. :)

This piece was done for a contest on another site. The challenge was to make a "steampunk chimaera", a sprite combining an animal with steampunk elements. The sprite could be no larger than 150x150 and use no more than 10 colors.

My entry combined a scorpion and a snake. I think the end result came out nice, especially considering how I am not very good with limited color options. I used 8 colors total. I kinda like the rust effect I have.

steamed.gif

Basic Animation (better one coming tomorrow)
    steampunk.gif

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I love all the eggs! they're the best eggs I've ever seen!

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Some last minute tweaks to my chimaera:

steampunked.gif

And the animation because I'm an overeager beaver. Do pardon the choppiness of it, it was meant to be animated like the larger enemies of the Castlevania series. That is, each body part is tilted and rotated separately.
    slowerd.gif

I don't feel too bothered to mess with it anymore so consider this the final revision.

Last edited:

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    My latest sprite is a zombie I named, "The Haunting"

zumbi.gif

Basic animation:
    haunting_anim.gif

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    These sprites are extremely excellent! There's nothing for you to fix, thumbs up! :P

While I'm sure KoA appreciates your comment, your post lacks any sort of constructive criticism. Don't just say that you like them - say why you like them.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    I've begun undertaking a new game project.

It's a shmup and takes you through various locales with many cameos along the way. Here is one of the minibosses:
    tennisanim.gif

C.N.C

Tile Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2013
    these sprite are so excellent. it must alot of time to make that.

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Finished my first sheet of the new project. These minibosses should look familiar if any of you play the Ys games.

stellennis.png

KingofAnime

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 6, 2012
    Hey guys, your friendly neighborhood KoA here. I've always worked alone on spriting my whole life, but recently I decided to band together with an old rival of mine and do a piece of pixel art together. This piece is symbolic of us becoming good friends and proves that rivals don't have to hate each other.

Anywho, we finished this after about a week of collaboration and I must say, it's one of the better things I've done. My partner is a highly skilled artist and I think we complimented each other well.

Here's the final creation:
    Chimera-final.gif

And a lil WIP animation of our progress. Except for the first two images, each one represented us tossing it back and forth to each other.
    progesses.gif

You can see her post chronicling her thoughts here:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2145202&postcount=156

Back