• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Konnichiwa, fellow Pokemon fans!

Years
  • Hi there! :)

First off, I love the colors on this message board! They blend very nicely together, making it easy on the eyes! Second of all, wow! There sure are a lot of forums! Seems even a bit overwhelming! It's all good though, I really look forward to doing some exploring... even if it causes me to lose some sleep. :laugh:

Anyway, guess I should say a little bit about myself? Okay, well, obviously I'm a fan of Pokemon, otherwise I wouldn't be here. I started watching the anime shortly after it came over to America, and I think my first episode was part one of the S.S. Anne episode. I think the only reason I tuned in to an episode was because Nintendo Power did some heavy promotions for it in the magazine, and since I was a subscriber at the time, I decided to check out the show. From there, I liked the anime enough to buy Pokemon Blue. I don't think I ever spent so much time playing a GB game before! It was great fun, and I bought Pokemon Yellow when it came out later on, as well as Pokemon Stadium 2.

I remember beating all my friends in battle. I had this level 100 Zapdos that was nearly unbeatable. I won so many battles with it and my Venusaur and Snorlax that I'd often have to use some of my weaker Pokemon in order to get my friends to battle me. It was all good though... I was great at the games, but boy did I stink with the card game! I could never get the hang of it, and my friends got their revenge against me there many times. :laugh:

Shortly after the Orange League episodes began, I started to lose interest. I guess I overdid it with all the games and toys (I used to have a Pokedex) and my friends seemed to be losing interest too. So, up until two years ago, I had absolutely no interest in Pokemon. Then, one day, I was going through the TV stations and I happened to come across a Master Quest episode. I was shocked that they were still making episodes, so I decided to watch to see if anything had changed. Well, I don't know what did it, but after watching my first episode of Pokemon in four or so years, I sort of got back into it. Only now, I only watch the anime. I haven't gone back to the games, with the exception of Leaf Green, and I probably won't because I just don't seem to have the interest in them anymore. The only reason I bought Leaf Green was because I was hoping to "relive" the same challenging and fun adventure that I had on Pokemon Blue all those years ago. While I did enjoy the game, it just wasn't the same...

Besides Pokemon, I enjoy a wide range of other television programs including Star Trek, Law & Order, That '70s Show, Home Improvement, Classic TV programs (like All in the Family, I Love Lucy), Beast Wars: Transformers, and some others. Despite all that I listed, I actually don't watch much TV. These are just programs I like to catch if I need to relax or I have nothing to do. Being a first-year college student doesn't really leave much time for things like TV watching.

I also like to spend my time writing, exploring the meanings of colors and how the human mind percieves them as well as their symbolic meanings, listening to the radio (only type of music I usually listen to is classic Rock & Roll from the '60's & 70's), playing Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo Gamecube, volunteering my time to help those less fortunate, and keeping in contact with friends that have moved far across the country.

Let's see... what else? Oh, well I'm turning 20 on the 29th of this month, so I guess that will be a big thing since I'll no longer be in my teenage years. It sure is going to be odd being "officially" an adult soon (well, even if I have to wait until I'm 21) but I've always been mature for my age, so maybe it won't be all that odd.

Maybe I should stop there, because I don't think most introductory threads are usually this long, and I don't want to give anyone eye strain on my first day here. :laugh:

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I look forward to making some new friends as well as engaging in some fun and thoughtful discussions! :)

Years
  • Hello and welcome to PC, i know you'll enjoy it here.
    From reading your post it doesn't look like you ever tried gold or silver... if your interest in the games has declined, maybe you should try them.

Years
  • You get the award for the longest intro ever! ^_____^ *gives*

Welcome to PC ^^ I hope you have a wonderful time.

Years
  • Thanks for the warm response everyone! You guys really know how to make a person feel welcome. :)

I'm always interested in making new friends, so I would be happy to consider each of you friends. :)

You get the award for the longest intro ever! ^_____^ *gives*

:embarrass Thanks! I always like to reveal some of my background when posting somewhere for the first time. I feel that it helps to give the existing members of the community a better understanding of who I am and if they share any of the same interests as I do. I believe it makes for more of a effective introduction. :)

For example, now I know Katsu Koneko likes watching Home Improvement like I do, and I wouldn't have found that out if I just stopped by to say "hi" and nothing more.

From reading your post it doesn't look like you ever tried gold or silver... if your interest in the games has declined, maybe you should try them.

Nah, I never played any Pokemon game outside of Blue, Yellow, and Leaf Green for the GB/GBA. Since I started losing interest around the time of the Orange League I never picked up any of the other games that followed later. Even now, I'm not really as "into" Pokemon as I was before, so I don't have much desire to go out and pick up a game or two that I have essentially already played extensively on previous versions. Besides, I don't know anyone who likes Pokemon, so I wouldn't have anyone to battle. :( For me, some of the best times I had with Blue/Yellow was when I was battling my friends.

Years
  • Wow, big into! Welcome to PC, I hope you'll have a good time here.

Also I love watching those classic shows like All in the Family and I Love Lucy too. xDD Who doesn't?

PM me if you're bored and we both happen to be online at the same time!

Last edited:

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Yeah cool way to start off the fun here, remember to post alot, read the rules and PM me if u wanna be friends.

Years
  • Icy Soul said:
    Also I love watching those classic shows like All in the Family and I Love Lucy too. xDD Who doesn't?

Actually, I've come across my fair share of people who say, "why would you watch that old show?" and to which I usually respond, "because it's better than 96% of the stuff that's on nowadays." The old phrase, "they don't make them like they used to" certainly applies, I think.

Yeah cool way to start off the fun here, remember to post alot, read the rules and PM me if u wanna be friends.

I'd like to post a lot, but I probably won't be able to post as much as I'd like. I have a heavy course load this semester, as well as some other things going on, so if I'm lucky I might be able to post once or twice a day.

Home Improvement fans we are! xDD

That we are! I just wish my local station didn't show the same episodes over and over again. There was eight seasons with like 200 episodes and yet I always seem to come across the same 60 episodes. :( Oh well. Great show nonetheless!

butterFlyFree

Fields of green
    Years
  • Hey What an essay. Yeah this site really has some good colors. I love that 70's show.

Well man everybody must have been a poke fan when they were young and still are

Years
  • Katsu Koneko said:
    Wow...200 episodes? Never knew that. That's a lot.

I can't post a link yet since I don't have 15 posts, but if you go to tv.com, type in "Home Improvement" and then click on the first search result followed by episodes, then "8" , you'll see there was actually 205 episodes. Of course the last two were specials, but they could still count as Home Improvement material.

I have them both downloaded on my computer (you won't see these in the syndication runs) so if you're interested in seeing them, I'd be happy to put them up on YouSendIt for you. :)

I love that 70's show.

I just started getting into the show around autumn of last year. Unfortunately, this is the last season so I guess I came in at the end of the show's run. :( Oh well, I still have a lot of earlier episodes to catch up on, and the new season isn't as good as the others I watched since the show ruined two of the best couples (Eric/Donna, Hyde/Jackie) by having them break up after they went through so much to get together/stay together over the many years of the show.

I just love the theme song of the show. It's one of the best theme songs I've heard! :classic:

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • Katsu Koneko, You kinda double posted ^^;;;;;
    Yeah, have a great time 'ere and all that stuff ^.^
    Read the rules and have fun! Meh name's Jennie~
    (*Looks at entry again* wow long entry xP)
    ^^;
    ~Jennie
    Pm meh for a friend

Back