• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Kotone's English Name

How did you feel about Kotone's Official English Name?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Hey! Did you know that I'm preforming a solo called Lyra? It was made in the 1930's.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    Kotone's English Name
    =
    Kotone's English Name
    ?

Eh, not bad I guess.

Oh my. That's the first thing that popped into my head after hearing "Lyra" (well reading, not hearing but w/e)

I love the name Lyra in general thought after the MMSF series I never thought of it quite the same... nonetheless it's a cute and pretty name!! And it suits "Kotone" as a translation. (just as good as Misty and Dawn, and way better than May. LOL)

I'm gonna pre-order the games in a couple days! Wheee~ (I think I'll name the character Lyra when I play as the girl) ^_^

...I have a giant Marill plush. it's like... lifesize. Maybe I should cosplay as Lyra... XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    What? It's Lyra? Lyra?!?!?! THAT NAME SUCKS!
    I like Melody better.
    Think of it this way, at least the female wasn't named Maria. Seeing as so many related her to Mario when they first saw her, the only thing to make the comparison worse for those who didn't like her (for her looks) was to have her name even more similar to one of Nintendo's leading game characters.

But Maria is a nice name, just maybe not for Lyra :|

For me, either Melody, Lyra, or Harper could have been chosen. I had said earlier I liked each one, but with Lyra chosen I personally don't think it was a bad move. Like stressed over many times it keeps the meaning of her Japanese name. Besides that, it's quite unique and fitting. It isn't really a childish name like some characters have been given before and it shows development it what could come in the future.

Then again, we are each given our voice of opinion, so it varies from person to person in this matter. I just don't think it sucks honestly, I'm sure with all of the names out there it could have been better, but it isn't all that bad considering it could have been worse. >_>;

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    yes im back on! anyway harper is a direct translation. kotone means sound of the harp so harper would fit her perfectly

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back