• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kyledove Style and Pixels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    So I've been making sprites mostly for the mmo but also some other things.

First of all Newbark from HGSS
    Newbark_Town_by_Kymotonian.png

I will be revamping this soon, as I noticed a lot of errors.

And Littleroot of course
    Littleroot_in_Gen4_by_Kymotonian.png

Then I redid Twinleaf
    Twinleaf_Town_v2_by_Kymotonian.png

I have the exact remakes here also if anyone wants neon greens and boring layouts:
    Twinleaf: http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/222/b/c/Neon_Sinnoh_by_Kymotonian.png Littleroot: http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs46/f/2009/223/0/d/Exact_Littleroot_Remake_by_Kymotonian.png

Also I have been working on DP style overworlds for all humans in the maingames.
    Pokemon_world_People_Overworld_by_Kymotonian.png

I am planning on making all sides and back sprites.

ALL OF THIS IS PUBLIC! No need to ask permission.

Lastly I made some HG/SS fanart in my signature, so feel free to give me your thoughts on it!

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    So its great to see your arts, so you willl be remaking all cities from Hoenn Sinnoh and Johto? And it will be great if you make Back Sprites for trainers.

Years
  • i love love love your new bark town!!!
    except what are those tall things next to some of the buildings?
    are they weather vanes or something?
    idk oh well,
    i hope you make the rest of the johto region!
    that would be really cool!

check out my pixel thread (pinkpanthers pixel art)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Wow. These are absolutely amazingly well done! I love how you made DP styles of all humans in the games. And Littleroot looks great too!

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Amazing! Your (in my opinion) the best tile spriter around. Only thing i notice that the grass in Twinleaf looks very plain(least ways it does to me)... I can only hope to become a fraction as good as you, eh?

Can't wait to see more!!

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    Oh my. Seems you have outdone yourself again, Littleroot is definitely improved in this new one. Are there distinct architectural styles for each town? I figured you wouldn't add any public sprites again since working on your new game, this is definitely great news.

I especially love all the trainer sprite remakes from the previous games. I guess it'd be too much to ask for diagonal movements ;) but I definitely can't wait to utilize them regardless.

Appreciate all the hard work so far.

Atomic Reactor

Just one thing bothers me...
    How come the shadows are the way they are, which makes it seem like the light source is the top left. Yet the brighter side of the house is on the right?

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • The tiles are undeniably awesome, as always, but that's nothing new.
    What is new is that sweet HG/SS fanart in your sig. I love the hero and heroine, as well as their starters. The only problem I see is with the other two. It appears Pichu isn't quite resting against the rock, instead leaning on air a small space in front of it. The Sentret... only has one arm. o.0

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Dude...you should be paid or something for this...it's just godlike :D. Amazing artwork, I really wouldn't be surprised if nintendo hired you, your work is even better than theirs. Hope this pays off to you somehow. Just excellent! Keep up the awsome work!

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • Dude...you should be paid or something for this...it's just godlike :D. Amazing artwork, I really wouldn't be surprised if nintendo hired you, your work is even better than theirs. Hope this pays off to you somehow. Just excellent! Keep up the awsome work!
    Kyledove said he's planning to get a job where he could use his artwork( I think he said it...)
    Anyways, the D/P style OWs are just...*eyes explode*^^
    I really hope to see the other poses:D

Sachi

Companion Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    Wow... just... wow. Love all those remakes. Good job.

The fanart in your sig is great, but Soul looks a bit... off. Maybe it's her hat? DX I can't find anything wrong with Gold, though. (:

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Amazing o:
    Only issue that bothers me is Tate and Liza. They are a bit small. They should be the same size as all the rest.

Years
  • Tate and Liza are supposed to be small. They're children. >.<

Anyway, the tiles are looking amazing, Kyle. Good to see you fixed those shading issues, and good to see that you made some custom trees for Hoenn. I also noticed you redid the windows so they all match. Nice catch. It seems that you have everything in order, so I can't really point to anything to improve on, other than that you should make some custom tiles in this style in addition to the remakes. This will make for a great set when it's done. ;)

School days again...
    Years
  • Very nice tiles and palettes! Also the overworlds are really nice. Keep up the good work and make it more.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2017
    Sorry for being a nub, but how exactly would you use these tiles in advance map =P

iCrash

'Splash is overated'
    Years
  • These are amazingly well done :O

Would like to see some different angles on some of the sprites, but other than that great job.
    Wish i could do that :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back