• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lamest thing on earth

Years
  • The TV show is really bad. First of all, Ash never uses his lv. 100 or so Pikachu, and he never evolves his Pokemon. Secondly, this whole Team Rocket gimmick was good in the Kanto/Orange Islands seasons but now it's just getting really old. Why don't they give up already and let Team Aqua/Magma have some fun?

Suz

Ta-daaa~!
    Years
  • because in every story, the main charicter is the good guy, and the good guy always wins. (weird, eh?)
    but I also think the TV show is geting a bit old >> but there's nothing we can do about it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Because levels don't exist in the anime, and no the good guy doesn't always win. If so then I feel bad for the stuff you've watched. Often time the good guy dies,has someone close to them die. But Pokemon is a kids show, but it is changing a bit. Rocket is just a running gag so they'll always be there.

Years
  • For cryin' out loud, what's the point of posting this?

Forums such as The Pok?Community are for people to express their opinions and at the same time not flame topics as it could hurt others feelings. If anything, try to prove a point and not make it insulting.

Anyways...

Levels really don't exist, like Blue said. If Pikachu was to have a level, it'd go beyond level 100, as well as a lot of other Pok?mon.

Team Rocket has to stay in the show like Ash does. Because the producers decided to never replace Ash and Pikachu with anybody else, they had to keep Team Rocket in so Pikachu wouldn't get so bored. I'm pretty sure nobody else realizes how special Ash's Pikachu is, especially Team Aqua and Team Magma. Besides, it's for the kids' sake.

Years
  • Wow. You have such AMAZING reasons, that I'm cowering in fear! Guess I'm gonna stop hating Pokemon now!!!1!

*sighs* Pikachu isn't LV 100. If it were, then he'd be sweeping the Hoenn gyms, unless the gym leader's pokemon were LV 100 too. But they can't be LV 100 because rookies wouldn't stand a chance, and... It's just not LV 100. -_-

Pikachu doesn't WANT to evolve, so he's not going to evolve it. It's that simple...

Team Rocket is popular, which is why they're staying on the show. They add "comedy". Again, it's that friggin simple...

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • The girl above does have a point. TR is ther for the funny. If you replace them with TM and TA, which are a serious crimal organzation, the show would be boring and not very funny.

Ash and friends are just going to stay even though i wish they would change.

Levels in the show don't exist. THe one who is more powerful wins. Game over.

Years
  • I have to agree with this dude...
    I mean, the show was cool and awesome once the moment it came out...
    But then as it went on, it just deteriorated and it made Pokemon have this kiddie look...and that's why some people these days see Pokemon as this kiddie thing... I mean, this is the same show where in the game it says that TR kill off Pokemon...oh well... =/
    With the repeating plot and all...it lost made me lose my interest in it even more... so here I am now... I don't watch it anymore...it's just...not my type of anime...

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
  • You have the producers to blame for that. They somehow got it into their head that all aspects of Pok?mon would always be "in".

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • oni flygon said:
    I have to agree with this dude...
    I mean, the show was cool and awesome once the moment it came out...
    But then as it went on, it just deteriorated and it made Pokemon have this kiddie look...and that's why some people these days see Pokemon as this kiddie thing... I mean, this is the same show where in the game it says that TR kill off Pokemon...oh well... =/
    With the repeating plot and all...it lost made me lose my interest in it even more... so here I am now... I don't watch it anymore...it's just...not my type of anime...
    Newsflash...pokemon is a kid show

Years
  • jasonresno said:
    Newsflash...pokemon is a kid show

You didn't get my point. What I'm trying to say is that Pokemon has a darker theme in it and is now overlooked because the show, made it all look so kiddy...and that's what made it a kid show... because it's all kiddy and stuff... it sucks.. I know...

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2011
    oni flygon said:
    You didn't get my point. What I'm trying to say is that Pokemon has a darker theme in it and is now overlooked because the show, made it all look so kiddy...and that's what made it a kid show... because it's all kiddy and stuff... it sucks.. I know...

Would you care to elaborate on that "darker theme?"
    The US almost always changes anime based on TV census and viewers. The majority of viewers where young, hence the change.

As for something lame:

How about the lack of obedience of Jame's Pokemon. First VictoryBell and now Cacnea. I will post more when it comes to mind.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Yeah, i agree. Team rocket is almost a waste of time--not quite, since it's like, 3/4'ths of a whole episode.

Years
  • The show is purely a kid's show. The concept of Pok?mon doesn't neccesarily mean that it should only be involved with kids, however. Take example of Pok?mon Coloseum. It's a game obvoulsly trying to be directed at a... slightly older audience. And for those who wanted to take a break from catching Pok?mon, they could play one of two puzzle or pinball games. For the kids, there's everything else.

Obviously, what the producers of Pok?mon are doing are their jobs. Whoever started the series on TV probably only intended the show for little viewers, so when the kids do get older, they could go out and buy all the games and toys (and watch the show even if they so desire.) For diehard Pok?mon fans, like me, the show isn't an issue.

Ryuki

Master Of Water & Ice
    Years
  • chaosispower22 said:
    The TV show is really bad. First of all, Ash never uses his lv. 100 or so Pikachu, and he never evolves his Pokemon. Secondly, this whole Team Rocket gimmick was good in the Kanto/Orange Islands seasons but now it's just getting really old. Why don't they give up already and let Team Aqua/Magma have some fun?

Complaining about it won't make it better. =)

Marik4me

Lover of Ishtar siblings
    Years
  • I agree that Team Rocket's gotten quite dull. They were really good in the first season or so, but things have been getting steadily worse each season. But yes, like the last person said, complaining won't help. XD; The show is what it is and will always stay that way. For those who want to explore the "darker themes," that's what fanfictions are for! **smile.**

Years
  • cold_katanagirl said:
    Pikachu doesn't WANT to evolve, so he's not going to evolve it. It's that simple...
    When I was talking about not evolving his pokemon, i meant pretty much all of them, bayleef never became a meganium, squirtle and bulbasaur never became venusaur or blastoise (well, i guess bulbasaur had a good reason...), cyndaquil and totodyle never became typhlosion and feraligatr, imagine how much ash could've wasted in the league if he had evolved his pokemon!

Ryuki

Master Of Water & Ice
    Years
  • chaosispower22 said:
    When I was talking about not evolving his pokemon, i meant pretty much all of them, bayleef never became a meganium, squirtle and bulbasaur never became venusaur or blastoise (well, i guess bulbasaur had a good reason...), cyndaquil and totodyle never became typhlosion and feraligatr, imagine how much ash could've wasted in the league if he had evolved his pokemon!

Maybe they weren't expierienced enough to evolve? ^^;

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
  • Ryuki said:
    Maybe they weren't expierienced enough to evolve? ^^;
    Bulbasaur Freakin Knew Solar Beam!(bulbasaur learns solar beam at level 45 if im not mistaken. and bulbasaur evolves into ivysaur at level 16 and venasaur at level 36)
    And He's Had Squirtle Just As Long As Bulbasaur.

Bayleaf Is Most Likely At Least Level 45.

Cyndaqil And Totodile Never Even Got To Their Second Stages. I Mean, If You Play Pokemon Silver/Gold When You Get To The Pokemon Leauge Youre Pokemon Are Usually At Least Level 50.

Or Mabey Satoshi Just Kept Pressing The B Button...

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • marillmonster2000 said:
    ?
    Cyndaqil And Totodile Never Even Got To Their Second Stages. I Mean, If You Play Pokemon Silver/Gold When You Get To The Pokemon Leauge Youre Pokemon Are Usually At Least Level 50?
    Lol, I train mine to 45 for G/S E4

Anyway, sure, the show has some things that absolutely suck in it, but? such is the demon of dubbing. Even then, as it has been pointed out, it's a kid's show to begin with. It has to be kid-friendly.

Of course, I think kids shouldn't be sheltered from the world, it only hinders ther preparedness for the real world when they get there.

Years
  • [QUOTE-Porygon]Of course, I think kids shouldn't be sheltered from the world, it only hinders ther preparedness for the real world when they get there.[/QUOTE]

To what extent, Porygon? You do realize parents of children would probably restrict their kids to certain content and materials discussed. Personally, I don't want to see little Kindergarteners talking about gory things or birds and bees.

Porygon said:
    Anyway, sure, the show has some things that absolutely suck in it, but? such is the demon of dubbing.
    Okay, I don't know if you're talking about dubbing in general or just the fact that Team Rocket is just irritating. Team Rocket exists in both versions and can't be cut out unless the producers want to do away with them. If, in fact 4Kids does cut out those scenes, they'd have to completely re-haul the entire series as TR does have some significance in most episodes.

Back