• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Laptops...

Years
    ...in your guys' opinion, which laptops are the best?

Please, I am clueless. Really, I am looking for somebody who can explain everything LAPTOP for me x3

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Uhm. Why are the only choices "Apple" and "Dell?" Apple is overpriced, and I've had horrible experiences with Dell. I'd recommend an ASUS, personally. I looove my ASUS laptop; it's gone through hell and still works like a charm.

Years
    As I said, I really dont care much about Apple or Dell. They were just examples, since I couldnt think of anything else :/

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    My family has had good luck with all of the HPs we've bought, though I have heard of a few who were severely disappointed with the workmanship of newer models. I personally use a Macbook Pro, which I have yet to find a single thing I can't do with it (and for those who say there aren't many programs out there for mac, I use both Win and Mac and there are just as many apps out there for Mac as there are win and most work just as well as their windows only counterparts)

I personally would reccommend, for a windows user, go with either an Asus or Fujitsu. I;ve heard many good things about Asus and My dad's been using the same Fujitsu tablet PC for a while now and it's still running as great as ever with Windows 7HP on it.

Years
    I've heard plenty of good things about ASUS, and Sony, though they did get some flak for their batteries (in other companies's machines), and have a reputation for being pricey at just about everything, has some quality machines.

HP does have some good machines... but apparently the newer models have been problematic.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I've heard plenty of good things about ASUS, and Sony, though they did get some flak for their batteries (in other companies's machines), and have a reputation for being pricey at just about everything, has some quality machines.

HP does have some good machines... but apparently the newer models have been problematic.
    Sony makes great products, but remember: buying a product from Sony is the like selling your soul to the RIAA.

BenRK

That One Guy!
    Years
    There are also many kinds of laptops. I mean, there's Laptops, Netbooks, tablets, Ultra Mobile PCs, each one with their own ups and downs.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    as for me HP is the best. xD
    using my new one for a very little while, though the previous one worked without a hitch.
    but, with this Nvidia graphics card my laptop get very hot :(
    donno about the others.

Humiliation

The Hero Within
    Years
    Macbook Pro is a very good laptop, in my opinion. It has some very good app's and features installed to the software. It's a great laptop for you if your quite experienced with technology and such.

shot571

i recomend hp pavilion. i got one for £500 and it has a lot more features than a lot of other laptops in its price range

Years
    I've heard a lot of good things about the Sony Vaio. I have never personally used it but from what I can see, the design is sleek and the specs are perfect from home use.

Humiliation

The Hero Within
    Years
    Yes, the Sony Vaio has many great perks. You can also mess around with the camera app. which is already installed to the laptop.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Just popping in to recommend you don't get an HP laptop. :( They're affordable for a reason--they use cheap parts and almost everyone I know with an HP Pavilion made in the last few years has had to send it in at least once. I don't think it's worth it.

Years
    Just popping in to recommend you don't get an HP laptop. :( They're affordable for a reason--they use cheap parts and almost everyone I know with an HP Pavilion made in the last few years has had to send it in at least once. I don't think it's worth it.
    I've also heard a lot of bad things about HP computers. Especially the cheap parts problem which break as early as the first week apperantly.

shot571

I've also heard a lot of bad things about HP computers. Especially the cheap parts problem which break as early as the first week apperantly.
    yh thats is actually true. my ctrl key broke within 4 days. but apart from that its been pretty good had it for about 1 month now and it seems ok

Years
    Well, I was just looking at the Sony Vaios, and they are expensive. Why not just buy a Macbook with that money? o.o

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    Personally, if you have the money, buy a macbook(pro or not) it is well worth it, because lets face it macs can do almost everything, they can even run exe's

Back