• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last movie you watched? Edition II

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    I saw 10 Cloverfield Lane on Friday and although I had no liking for the beginning it ended up being a great movie with just the right amount of jump scares and suspense. Next I believe I will be going to see Alleigent then Batman v Superman. I was gonna see London has fallen but with all the terrible reviews I think ill just skip it.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Starship Troopers. There's a reason why I absolutely love Paul Verhoeven's art of directing films. His ability to insert satire in something that was already satirical to begin with. For those who don't know, Starship Troopers is based on a novel with the same name which was basically Miltiary Sci-Fi with a lot of political satire, and the movie adaptation along with Verhoeven's excellent directing really brings everything great about the book in excess in the movie. Too bad the follow up films to SST are two Direct to DVD releases that look nothing like the glorious masterpiece of their predecessor.

Reactions: Her

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
    Years
    Saw Batman V Superman : Dawn Of Justice today.

SPOILERS BELOW. ENTER AT OWN RISK.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Batman v Superman

I went out of it with the same feeling I went out of Man of Steel with. There are a lot of problems, but overall I really really enjoyed myself.

I've accepted it now. DC movies aren't allowed to have any fun. Leave the fun to Marvel and leave the depression and the violence to DC. I love DC comic books, but that's the reason (to me) the Marvel movies are better. They're Superhero movies.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    Batman V Superman. I thought it was pretty badass but it could of been better. The plot was confusing to follow at times.

Years
    I saw Batman vs. Superman.

Spoiler:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Last movie you watched? Edition II

Rampage by Uwe Boll.

Holy **** a "good" Uwe Boll movie? If this was a bad Uwe Boll movie, then I wouldn't be here posting about it now would i?

Here's a sample video of one of the more shocking scenes. Not for the faint of heart though
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

It just came out on Blu-ray so I bought it. Not the best Star Wars movie, but still a lot of fun and worth watching again. Even Abrams' mystery box-ing (ugh, don't get me started) doesn't keep the movie from being great and fun and great fun.

Spoiler:

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    Just saw Eye in the Sky. My lord, what an experience. I don't think I've ever seen a spy thriller handle itself with this level of respect, grace, and craftsmanship - especially considering its focus - before. I'm so used to seeing people get shot, killed, and mauled in so many ways that deaths have simply become death counts in the cinematic realm. In comes this film, which grounds us morally back to reality. The reason I stress "morally" is because most films associate nihilism, depression, and distress to reality first before our relation to each other.

I simply don't think I've seen a film of this genre remind us so deftly about the value of life. The name of the movie is even more fantastic - it gives a religious symbolic layer to the story that compares the military and government's usage of drone technology to a God using his foresight to watch over the world, deciding who must be punished, and what lengths must be made to execute that punishment. Like God, the characters in this story cannot save everybody - and no matter the choice they make, their reputation is going to be tarnished, and good people will have to suffer. Yet, it's less a film about choices, and more about the kinds of choices made during the time of war, and the lengths they'll take to follow through with it.

9/10

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I Saw The Light 10/10

I think the movie was amazing Mostly because of Tom Hiddleston, of course. My dad is a real fan of Hank Williams. While, I'm a real fan of Tom Hiddleston. He did an incredible job and a lot better than people, including Hank's son, gave Tom credit for.

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    Hardcore Henry was such a disappointment. The trailer was something that got my blood pumping, and I figured it'd be an incredibly entertaining movie regardless of potential logical flaws just for the filming alone. Now, I'm definitely not going to debunk the idea behind such a style - I think a first person film is a brilliant idea. The problem is, the movie feels like it's defaming the concept - something that was bound to emerge at some point - and burying it before it's even had a chance to breathe.

The action sequences, along with the story beats, are incoherent. While the sense of confusion applied towards constant camera movement could help us understand our protagonist's experience on a visceral level, Henry always seems to know what's going on quite a bit better than the audience, and thus doesn't feel lost at all. The movie is more interested in shaking the camera around than giving us a real perspective study; more interested in recreating your favorite FPS shooter than making a movie. When Henry falls several feet onto the ground, or gets punched, or injured, we rarely feel the effect of it; Henry is a robot that doesn't have the same sensory reactions that us normal humans do. This weakens the action, and our connection to the titular protagonist.

By the end of the day, even though we've seen the whole movie from his point of view, we never even feel like we know Henry that well. The bodies pile up to a gratuitous level, so we stop caring about the bloodshed - and I think the movie does, too - and Apathetic Henry sure as heck doesn't have any reaction, either. I can understand trying to enjoy this movie in a visceral, brain-off sort of way, but it just rarely makes any attempts to meet the audience half-way. If the movie can't make a first step, we shouldn't either.

3/10.

Years
    Chi-Raq

Not my normal kind of movie. All the rhyming dialogue threw me for a while, but once I realized it was a kind of parody/satire and let myself just roll with it it wasn't a bad movie at all. It got better the more it went on. I can't really say I "enjoyed" it exactly, but I didn't not enjoy it either. I dunno. I think it was still worth seeing regardless.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I watched Zootopia! Been craving it for so long. It was amazing, actually. Not epic, but very cute and emotional and dealing with real world problems if you squint. Well played, Disney.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    I just watched Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan.

I found this comedy more bizarre than funny. I would probably not reccommend.

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2019
    I just walked out of The Boss. Don't bother; typical forced situations, awful people doing awful things, 15-year-old potty humor kind of flick.

Years
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Got it on DVD. I love it. It's not my favorite Star Wars film but I do think it was very well done. Love the characters, effects, story, etc. Even though many may argue that the plot is the same or very similar to that of A New Hope.

Back