• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Got back from seeing Rio and it was a nice film. Jesse Eisenberg essentially reprises the most aspergery bits of his Mark Zuckerberg-in-The Social Network performance as the protagonist but to good effect; Anne Hathaway acts all manic pixie dream bird but manages to make it work. It has some really nice animation, particularly in its opening two minutes, but the story does sink to conventionality. It's not a bad thing, but it's not the most original story in the whole world.

So, I'd definitely recommend it: comes out in the US this time next week.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Just watched Memento for the first time on DVD. I had heard this film was good, I had very high expectations, and this film obliterated them...

As a note, if you want to watch a film for sheer entertainment value, definitely not a good movie to choose. :P This intricate thriller of puzzles and a distorted timeline will have you taking a continually active part in deciphering the film. If you are looking for a film to make you think and to test your attentiveness, definitely watch this. Also watch if you are interested in films as a piece of cinematography / editing / acting etc, because it is amazing in that respect...

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Scary Movie 3, again.

I only watched it because I succumbed to boredom. It, however, always manage to humor me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Underworld, Underworld: Evolution, Underworld 3. :I

I'm seemingly obsessed with this movie set for some reason...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The Book of Eli

It was pretty kick ass. Had a great atmosphere, and the soundtrack sounded fantastic.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Watched Made of Honour last night. It wasn't too good to be honest... It was possibly the single most predictable movie of all time. Like, yes it follows the typical chick flick format, but this was ridiculous and followed this structure way too hard.

Worth seeing if you like watching chick flicks, but if you even iffy about them, don't watch it...

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    The Black Swan <3 Such a great and epic movie. It was a little predictable towards the end but the mind games it played with you were fantastic. I was so drawn into this movie and it was just so dark and at times made me cringe. There were some very unexpected scenes and I thought that this was one of, if not the best psychological thrillers I have seen really reminding me of Shutter Island, another good psychological film.

And yesterday I watched The Happening. SUCH BAD ACTING OMG ;_______________;; the acting was horrible, like seriously really, really, really bad I cannot stress how terrible the actors were, from the very first scene. The ending was so weird and sudden and so not logical or realistic, like they had no idea how to end the movie. Yeah basically everything about the movie was bad so don't watch it. Maybe the uncut version will be better.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Mean Girls came on TV last night and I just HAD to watch it all the way through, despite the fact that I've seen it at least five times and can quote large chunks of it. SUCH a funny film!

It always amazes me that out of the cast, it's LiLo that now has the worst career out of all of them. Amanda Seyfried's cashing it in, as is Rachel MacAdams - who's probably the best out of all of them: a character like Regina George can be very easy to get wrong, and she nails it all the time! - and it probably did wonders for Tina Fey, who wrote and starred in it.

"I can put my whole fist in my mouth! Wanna see?"

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Rewatched Talk to Her last night. Still don't prefer it to All About My Mother, but did improve on a second viewing. The main character's still as creepy as I remember, and it was funnier as well - a main reason for my relative aloofness from it the first time I saw it. Forgotten about many parts of it as well, like the dance sequence at the beginning and the verrrrrry explicit silent film in the middle. That part's not for the faint hearted, definitely!

Saw Meek's Cutoff today and it was something. Very slow to build, but meticulously crafted and brilliantly shot. The reviews have labelled it a 'feminist Western' or an 'anti-Western', and while I can certainly see elements of both I don't necessarily think it's possible to categorize it so easily. A very complicated film that I can imagine growing on me, which is a good thing.

Years
    Monday, I watched 1996 Sleepers by Barry Levinson. One of my favorite movies of all time, based on my favorite book by Lorenzo Carcaterra

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    After rewatching Talk to Her, I just had to go back and watch All About My Mother just to make sure it was the superior film, and it most certainly was. Cecilia Roth gives one of my favourite performances ever as Manuela, a nurse who moves back to Barcelona following the death of her son running to get an autograph from his favourite actress. Who'd have thought a Spanish melodrama involving transvestite/transsexual prostitutes, pregnant nuns and heroin addicted actresses could be such a blast to watch. It's so funny, so warm-hearted and great to look at. It's still definitely in my personal Top 10 films.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2014
    The last film I watched was One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. It's one of the best film ever made. Jack Nicholson performance is just perfect.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I went and watched Scream 4 last night with some friends and it was freaking amazing. Totally lived up to the other entries in the series and I was very very satisfied with the storyline and how every thing ended (aka who the killer was and their motives).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back